Recent player improvement - who wins the prize?

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Lots of improvement in the team over the last few weeks but for me it has to be Fred.

From where he was to what he looks like he might turn into now is simply a country mile apart.

Initially he was a walking liability, clearly with zero confidence with a massive price tag and a really uncompromising and unsympathetic manager at the helm.

We got a glimpse of what he can do against PSG and what I’ve seen over the last few weeks is the potential to be a really fantastic midfielder that brings hard work, speed and tenacity to our midfield.

On top of that, and I know I’m probably talking bullshit now, he seems like a really nice bloke who has the potential to be a real fan favourite. I’m really hoping this guy carries on this improvement.

fps

1. Rashford. He is starting to fulfil the promise that he may take the next step up and become a destroyer of teams. To his credit he has never hidden when things have been tough.
2. Fred. A run of games and the chance to get to know the team and the way of playing, as well as adapt to the pace of the league, have seen him become an all-action combative pest in the middle of the park.
3. Mason Greenwood. He didn’t get any particular praise for a mature and energetic performance against Tottenham, but that’s because even at his tender age he has quickly matured into a premier league standard player, if not a proven united striker yet.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Rashford by a distance, we're seeing a season where it's clicked for him. The same way Bale had his season at Spurs, everything he does is magic at the moment and on course to be our first player to get 20+ league goals since Van Persie.

Player of the year for sure.

billybee99

It's enough to see his last 2 performances to see he's a different player. In those games alone his contribution has certainly had an impact. Mainly down to his movement going forward. Playing with confidence and proving his worth as a good AM. A demanding role but he's taken it on and doing well.
Piss off! Not having it. The guy is 2 weeks away from celebrating 1 year without a Premier League goal and you think he is the most improved player. The state of this place.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
The scrutiny on Lingard is ridiculous. Gets criticised after having two good games vs Spurs and City whilst the same people are quick to make excuses for Gomes, Chong etc. when they have shit games against rubbish opposition.
Well they all are in same age group as lingard.. Soo

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Has to be either Fred or Rashford. McTomminay has no doubt gotten better, but he has some decent games last year as well, where as Fred looked like a Championship player most of the time and now is instrumental in our midfield

Rashford for the simple fact that he has already beaten his personal best from previous years

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
"Runs around and open space with his energy" is back again. Bloody hell, some things never die

NorLogs

Lindelof at number 2 is way more controversial than Lingard at 1. I’d have him out the squad before any of the others you mention, he’s not good enough and doesn’t compliment Maguire at all.
I dare say that Lindelöf has been better than Maguire the last 4-5 games. His passing against City was great, and he has been very consistent.

Saying he should be out of the squad is just, well it's daft really.

TRUERED89

Obviously a main ingredient regarding recent results and positivity. Which players (in order) would you say have had the most progressive form curve?
Going on the general feeling on the Caf anyway, I expect to see Freds name mentioned. However I reckon another player who probably has taken more stick on here than any other, deserves the prize:

1. Lingard
2. Lindelöf
3. Fred (still has a lot to do though imv)
4. James (he’s been good all season, but continues improving)

Rashford imv has been brilliant for a while now so I wouldn’t put him on the list.
Lingard? Huh, he's been awful under Ole bar Arsenal in the Fa Cup and City a few days ago. His best times were under LVG and Mou.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
McTominay for me. Compared to this time last season hes gone up several levels. Might be a good shout for PL Young player of the year as well.

Canagel

Fred has no place on the top of the list. Or even the whole list. He's been good since March and April, not recent.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I've not seen Lindelof's improvement since the start of the season. Yeah he's better than before but still extremely prone to errors. His struggles with the high ball will be our undoing.

Web of Bissaka

1) McT - up a level, but then that's to be expected, have been gradually improving since his debut.

2) Rashford - goal stat wise and finally found his best position LF/LW. Then again, his goal stats is improving season by season I think, so not too surprising.

3) Fred - pleasant surprise, no longer rubbish.

4) Lingard - most recent one, finding back his normal good form... I hope.

5) Greenwood - I think he's getting more consistent, less raw compare to earliest season.

The others either still play the same way/form (or like their starting games eg. for new players) or getting worse, no overall improvement at all.

Walters_19_MuFc

Has to be Fred. He's been a lot more consistent this season, and we're starting to see the reason we brought him. Still has more to give as the OP mentioned, but the signs are there.

I still think he and McTominay could do with a deep-lying playmaker next to them, especially against teams that play with a low block.

poleglass red

McTominay for me. The likes of Rashford, we know what he can do, was just a bit inconsistent and played out of position at times earlier this season due to Martial injury. McTominay has really surprised me, I have to say. He did have decent performances last season but he's on another level this season. Fred I guess is an obvious one, I'm not a huge fan of his, I still don't think he's good enough long term for us, but credit to the lad he is playing a lot better.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Lindelof has [somehow] become a mainstay but his performances have actually regressed.

Amerifan

Ole. We have multiple players improving, and the team looks better than it has since his arrival.

troylocker

For me I see the most improvement in:

1. Rashford - Has turned into a beast on the LW this season. A bit more composure in his finishing and we have a world class LW.
2. Fred - He has developed a very good partnership with McTom and has become a class CM/DM
3. McTom - Has elevated his game even more this season and has become a very important player for us. Class.
4. Greenwood - Has taken the EL and PL level a lot faster than I anticipated. I'm really impressed. If he manages to make more impact in these games besides scoring goals, we have a really exciting striker/RW on our hands. He's always been a fantastic finisher.

Honorable mentions:
Martial - still inconsistent, but has shown moments of brilliance more often than before when injuryfree
Lindelof - Has been getting better and better lately
Tuanzebe - Looks better each time he's on the pitch.
Williams - Has taken huge strides this season. Very good moving forward, but needs to cool his head a little and improve his defensive decision making. He looks like he's a fast learner.
James - Took the PL-level from day one. Has been slowly improving this season and gets good crosses into the box more and more often. With a more hungry striker in the box his assist stats will improve immediately.
Pereira - Has improved a lot this season, but still has a long way to go to become good enough for a top PL-side.
Lindgard - Has been very good vs top opposition, but then again; He's always been a good on counters and has always had good workrate. Still struggles when we dominate games.

Fading out:
Mata - getting slower and slower and has struggled to compensate.
Matic - getting slower and slower and has struggled to compensate.
Jones - Always puts in his all, but this season it has been shaky.

The players not mentioned have been performing quite consistently on their level.