Film Recommend a good comedy film to watch?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It's definitely not a family movie.

A swearing cnut sniffer weed addicted talking teddy bear. Lol.
6 year old quote :lol: Plus you read it wrong. Said Family Guy the TV show, not that it's a family movie hahaha

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Has someone said all the Mel Brooks films yet? Young Frankenstein and The Producers (the original, not the shite remake) are two of the funniest films ever made. Very rewatchable too. Never much liked Blazing Saddles but some people swear by it.

Oldyella

Has someone said all the Mel Brooks films yet? Young Frankenstein and The Producers (the original, not the shite remake) are two of the funniest films ever made. Very rewatchable too. Never much liked Blazing Saddles but some people swear by it.
Yeah. I find Young Frankenstein watchable but just switch off with Blazing Saddles.

Black Dynamite would be my suggestion. Perfect send up of 70s films like shaft etc. Or Top Secret.

Donk87

Supports
Arsenal
Tucker n Dale vs Evil
The Other Guys.
Endorsed. Really fun movies that are underappreciated.

Loads of great shouts already in this thread though I'd also add from recent years:

Spy - Melissa McCarthy vehicle that's elevated by a masterclass from Jason Statham. He's amazing in this.

The Incredible Burt Wonderstone - worth watching for Jim Carey's David Blaine character alone.

Edit - wow this is an old thread!

Andersons Dietician

Spy - Melissa McCarthy vehicle that's elevated by a masterclass from Jason Statham. He's amazing in this.
“ Nothing kills me. I'm immune to 179 different types of poison. I know because I ingested them all at once when I was deep undercover in an underground poison-ingesting crime ring.”

He is amazing in it, probably steals the movie with his delivery. The very last one he drops about the suit had me almost crying with laughter, I don’t even know why it was so funny but it was.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
“ Nothing kills me. I'm immune to 179 different types of poison. I know because I ingested them all at once when I was deep undercover in an underground poison-ingesting crime ring.”

He is amazing in it, probably steals the movie with his delivery. The very last one he drops about the suit had me almost crying with laughter, I don’t even know why it was so funny but it was.
"Fcuking made it, didnt I"

He's phenomenal in it. Shocked the character hasn't got another outing.

Andersons Dietician

"Fcuking made it, didnt I"

He's phenomenal in it. Shocked the character hasn't got another outing.
That’s the one, they should give him a franchise with that character, I’d happily go watch it. Maybe his previous escapades like that time he drove a car of the freeway on top of a train whilst on fire, Not the car, he was on fire. Or maybe when he had to watch the woman he loved get tossed from a plane and hit by another plane, midair. Could be hilarious.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
That’s the one, they should give him a franchise with that character, I’d happily go watch it. Maybe his previous escapades like that time he drove a car of the freeway on top of a train whilst on fire, Not the car, he was on fire. Or maybe when he had to watch the woman he loved get tossed from a plane and hit by another plane, midair. Could be hilarious.
"I make a habit of doing things people say you shouldn't; waterski blindfolded, take up piano at a late age"

"You pair of fcuking vaginas"

He's brilliant. Needs to appear again.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
My Top Ten:
The Party(1968-Peter Sellers)
Vacation
Wedding Crashers
Shawn of the Dead
Step Brothers
Dodgeball
Animal House
A Fish Called Wanda
Sleeper
This is Spinal tap

spwd

Land of the lost is good too, also if you fancy a series try Green Wing, its crackers.

sherrinford

In Bruges
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Snatch
Burn After Reading
Four Lions
The Cabin in the Woods

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Withnail and I
The Big Lebowski
Dr Strangelove
What we do in the shadows
Some like it hot
The apartment
Groundhog day
In the loop
Dirty rotten scoundrels
Annie Hall
Raising Arizona

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Johnny Dangerously

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
The other guys is a good shout. Watched it a few years ago on a flight over to the states. Never really expected too much but I was crying with laughter for most of the film.

The brother's Grimbsy with Sacha Baron Cohen is another one I watched with minimal expectations but found myself laughing out loud on numerous occasions. The elephant scene must be one of the funniest things ever shown on the screen. So much so I was still doubled up at the end credits.

sherrinford

Withnail and I
The Big Lebowski
Dr Strangelove
What we do in the shadows
Some like it hot
The apartment
Groundhog day
In the loop
Dirty rotten scoundrels
Annie Hall
Raising Arizona
I really just do not get Raising Arizona - I can’t get my head around why so many seem to regard it so highly. The Big Lebowski and Fargo are great, and I have thoroughly enjoyed plenty of silly films and slapstick moments. It didn’t work for me at all.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Recently watched what we do in the shadows, which was very good. The movie is on Netflix for those interested.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Rush Hour 1 and 2
Superbad
Dodgeball
Snatch
Lock Stock
Monty Python (all of them)
Coming to America
Hot Fuzz
Sean of the Dead
The Other Guys

If any of these are on TV then I've got to watch them

Minkaro

I love The Other Guys, but I can’t help but feel the intro (with Rock and Sam Jackson) overshadows the rest of it.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
"Put ze candull...BECK!" :D
wow, what knockers..

Last night I watched Clockwise (1986, John Cleese) and really liked it. Anyone got any other similar ones to recommend?

A fish called Wanda?

Anything by Buster Keaton, for example:
The General
The Navigator

And some of his grandson, Chackie Chan...