Red Cafe

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
The Hairdryer said:
If you could have made a statement that screamed out "I know feck all". That was probably the best one to make.

There was no they could have run to, they were literally in between a rock and hard place...and we all know what happened when the attempted to. And I never claimed it was exclusively Liverpool supporters who had those types of fans, I was only disputing the rather absurd statement that it could have happened to any Club.

It was a match going supporter in the eighties BTW.

You said that the Juve supporters were not hooligans....now you say that it wasn't exclusively LFC who had those supporters.

In reality you have no idea what the make up of the Juve supporters were.

Veng said:
OK, let me break this down into simple chunks.

Hes on about the WUMs that come in here and then said:

"If you don't like the caf, you've more than made your point by starting another forum and fecking off to it, have'nt you."

My response to that is that they didnt start another forum and feck off to it. Or if they did, it certainly isnt RR (as I started that) and he is in danger of tarring every member of that forum with a shitty brush. And that just isnt fair.

The anti-RR sentiment from some members and mods in here mimics the anti-Caf sentiment from some members and mods in RR. They are no better than each other really.

Maybe our mods should actively and publically start applauding anti-caf posts in RR and forget this drive we have going on to try and stamp that out.
I couldn't give a toss what your mods do veng.

I also don't think your new forum (or any of the others that were started) is such a big deal....if people don't like it here they are free to go to yours or any of the 100's of others out there.

As RapidRed said, there are some posters that are missed on here and others that are not.

The Hairdryer

Marching said:
You said that the Juve supporters were not hooligans....now you say that it wasn't exclusively LFC who had those supporters.

In reality you have no idea what the make up of the Juve supporters were.

Again, your lack of knowledge on the subject is making you look quite foolish Marching. It's common knowledge that the Juventus supporters in that area were not hooligans. It was widely reported that many of them were italians living in Belgium and the UK. The Juventus ultras were sat on the other side of the stadium.

Veng

Marching said:
I couldn't give a toss what your mods do veng.

I also don't think your new forum (or any of the others that were started) is such a big deal....if people don't like it here they are free to go to yours or any of the 100's of others out there.

As RapidRed said, there are some posters that are missed on here and others that are not.
The fact is people in here keep making it a big deal. Any member of RR that says anything negative on here is pounced on with big anti-RR bats. Why cant you see, and accept, that its just a small minority and stop with all the anti-RR attitude?

People here should be dealt with members of this forum and not as "members of that other forum that keep coming over here and being crude" etc. The bottom line is that people left the General because of the Caf, not because there was another forum around.

WeasteDevil

Veng said:
People here should be dealt with members of this forum
They are dealt with here by what they do here, not what they do elsewhere.

Marching

Veng said:
The fact is people in here keep making it a big deal. Any member of RR that says anything negative on here is pounced on with big anti-RR bats. Why cant you see, and accept, that its just a small minority and stop with all the anti-RR attitude?

People here should be dealt with members of this forum and not as "members of that other forum that keep coming over here and being crude" etc. The bottom line is that people left the General because of the Caf, not because there was another forum around.

I have never said it was anything but a small minority of your members that are responsible for the WU's....and RapidRed, whose post you seemed to object to for some strange reason, didn't say otherwise either.

We can only hope the WU's are no longer being encouraged by some people your site.

The Hairdryer said:
Again, your lack of knowledge on the subject is making you look quite foolish Marching. It's common knowledge that the Juventus supporters in that area were not hooligans. It was widely reported that many of them were italians living in Belgium and the UK. The Juventus ultras were sat on the other side of the stadium.

Section Z was overwhelmingly occupied by Juve fans despite it supposedly being a neutral zone. Whether there were any hooligans in there nobody knows for sure...but the fact there are reports that the stone throwing was started by Juve fans in there an hour before KO might suggest there was an element of hooligans around.

Veng

Marching said:
I have never said it was anything but a small minority of your members that are responsible for the WU's....and RapidRed, whose post you seemed to object to for some strange reason, didn't say otherwise either.
The "strange reason" that, to me, is pretty simple and clear is that he is basically saying that RR was created by the WUMs. And I refute that.

Marching said:
We can only hope the WU's are no longer being encouraged by some people your site.
Yes. And I look forward to the day that anti-RR sentiments are no longer encouraged in here :)

Marching

Veng said:
The "strange reason" that, to me, is pretty simple and clear is that he is basically saying that RR was created by the WUMs. And I refute that.

Yes. And I look forward to the day that anti-RR sentiments are no longer encouraged in here :)
The post below is an excellent post and your objection to it is bewildering.

I registered on the caf a little before the whole "civil war" leading to a "break away forum", etc began to happen.

All I have to say is that I did enjoy reading posts of some posters who don't post in here anymore. Some of them may have been right cretins but on the whole, and only IMHO, the caf was a better place before this break away or whatever. And I sincerely hope that it can get back to that.

That said, threads stared here slating the caf and the mods, by folks from the "other place" are highly stupid, and totally pointless.

If you don't like the caf, you've more than made your point by starting another forum and fecking off to it, have'nt you. So what is coming on here on stupid WUs and whinging about the caf going to achieve????

If you had read his posts more closely you might have avoided the feelings of being attacked.

RapidRed said:
I don't mean to criticize all posters on the other forum/s. I am only referring to those who have been coming on here in the past few weeks on completely mindless WUs with the sole purpose of disrupting this forum and causing trouble to the mods and other posters.

I too was complaining just about individuals, never said that it was collectively planned.

Veng

Marching said:
The post below is an excellent post and your objection to it is bewildering.

If you had read his posts more closely you might have avoided the feelings of being attacked.
Here is my initial reaction to his post:

veng said:
Few things.

1. Dont tar all the members of that forum with the same brush. You wouldnt want it done to you because of what some newbies on here are ranting about.
2. There have always been "break away" forums, this is hardly a first. The girls have the Theatre of Dreams forum, for instance.
3. One of the mods on here started that "break away" forum in the first place. OK he wasnt a mod here at the time, but he is now
4. If people have issues with the Caf it is a deeply personal thing and just because they post in the RR forum doesnt mean its RR instigated.
5. The sooner everyone stops talking about "civil wars" the better. There are 3 forums each with their own "style". Everything else is just individuals.
Note that it was an INITIAL reaction to his FIRST post.

Since then, I have basically been justifying my opinion. The second quote you pasted came after my initial reply.

As I said previously, I look forward to the day that anti-RR sentiments are no longer encouraged in here.

Marching

Veng said:
Here is my initial reaction to his post:

Note that it was an INITIAL reaction to his FIRST post.

Since then, I have basically been justifying my opinion. The second quote you pasted came after my initial reply.

As I said previously, I look forward to the day that anti-RR sentiments are no longer encouraged in here.

FFS you are still bleating on about people/RapidRed tarring all your members with the same brush 70 posts on after he, I and others said the problem was the WUM's either sent here or who arrived under their own steam.

Feel free to report any anti RR posts are made and we will look at them.

WeasteDevil

It was Laker that actually brought RR up in the first place by posting this thread. It's the likes of him that are giving RR a bad reputation (full of whingers and WUMs).

Veng

You are very aggressive. All I have done is respond to questions/criticisms about my initial post.

I thought it was quite an interesting debate we had going here.

Maybe I should have just called you a prick, said "gashout" and left it at that.

Sorry to have wasted your time :)

Veng

WeasteDevil said:
It was Laker that actually brought RR up in the first place by posting this thread. It's the likes of him that are giving RR a bad reputation (full of whingers and WUMs).
It didnt go down well at RR, thats for sure.

Marching

Veng said:
You are very aggressive. All I have done is respond to questions/criticisms about my initial post.

I thought it was quite an interesting debate we had going here.

Maybe I should have just called you a prick, said "gashout" and left it at that.

Sorry to have wasted your time :)

:lol:

WeasteDevil

Veng said:
It didnt go down well at RR, thats for sure.
The little dick didn't even have the nouse to read that Tareq is one of the oldest members on here (member #26).

And I guessed that he had been given a ticking off as he has deleted this thread at least once.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Made 1800 posts in the newbies before he was finally promoted - out of pity.

Is that a record?

RapidRed

I am sorry if my post sent out any anit-RR emotions. Like I said, I actually miss most of those posters. I was only objecting to posters from there who come here on WUs.

So if these posters are not the ones who "started" the other places, then I am not referring to them at all.

So I will change my original sentence from

If you don't like the caf, you've more than made your point by starting another forum and fecking off to it, have'nt you. So what is coming on here on stupid WUs and whinging about the caf going to achieve????

TO

If you don't like the caf, you've more than made your point by fecking off to other forums, have'nt you. So what is coming on here on stupid WUs and whinging about the caf going to achieve????

alright now Vengaboy?? ;)

And wtf, I've made way too many "serious" posts in non-footie related threads on the caf to last me at least 3 months ;)

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
The Hairdryer said:
It's specious to say that it would have happened to any other team though. In all likelyhood it wouldn't have. Liverpool fans had a bad reputation for attacking supporters who weren't involved in hooliganism.
I didn't say it would have happened.

I said it could have happened.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Ive been posting here for quite a long time and I can say that ive passed from good moments and very bad moments. Luckily the forum had calmed down a bit since ive started posting (+ I adapted to redcafe community) and I can now say that I dont regret that i havent left the forum for good. I need to thank someone (its safer not to mention his name) who was very patient with me even when I wasnt as patient with him. Thanks mate.

Livvie

Scout
Nowhere's perfect anyway.

Personally, I'd recommend the other place for anything you feel you don't get here. End of. I have nothing against it - I just object to people keep coming back here and whinging. That's what causes the animosity and negative posts.

zing

Zingle balls
I haven't read this thread much; I just have a general idea about all of this rubbish.

I don't know much about the redcafe forums or RR[whatever that is].

I've been here for a little over a month and I've read the posts; what I can make of it is that the people who have been banned have a tendency to act pathetically childish. Slabber was a good poster when he was posting decently without acting like he did at times that invoked the banning; there was no need of him to do so.

Creating factions, calling out for justice on internet forums and arguing the politics of it all is just god damned pointless. This is an internet forum. You're as insignificant and useless as the next poster. Can't we all just get along, discuss football and act decent? Unban everyone and ask them to stop being idiots?

WeasteDevil

zing said:
I haven't read this thread much; I just have a general idea about all of this rubbish.

I've been here for a little over a month and I've read the posts; what I can make of it is that the people who have been banned have a tendency to act pathetically childish. Slabber was a good poster when he was posting decently without acting like he did at times that invoked the banning; there was no need of him to do so.

Creating factions, calling out for justice on internet forums and arguing the politics of it all is just god damned pointless. This is an internet forum. You're as insignificant and useless as the next poster. Can't we all just get along, discuss football and act decent? Unban everyone and ask them to stop being idiots?

The bans in the main are temporary and will run out one by one in the next week. One already has run out, and that member isn't now banned, but has not posted here since the timelimit of the ban expired.

zing

Zingle balls
Ok, let me settle this shite thread

I did not mean it, i was very angry at the time and it wasn't meant to have a go at anyone at red cafe, i was jsut gonna say its got a bit dull in here. Sorry

Translation: I wanted to impress the 'elite' renegade clique of redcafe and I now realize that I was being a fool.

laker202

"He Came from Uraguay, He makes the Scousers
zing said:

Maybe you would like to take back this statement?

Marching

devilish said:
Ive been posting here for quite a long time and I can say that ive passed from good moments and very bad moments. Luckily the forum had calmed down a bit since ive started posting (+ I adapted to redcafe community) and I can now say that I dont regret that i havent left the forum for good. I need to thank someone (its safer not to mention his name) who was very patient with me even when I wasnt as patient with him. Thanks mate.

You mean Murt don't you? ;)

zing

Zingle balls
laker202 said:
Maybe you would like to take back this statement?

[/B]

No.

I don't know what Big Andy got banned for, though. He's a nice guy, generally.

WeasteDevil

zing said:
No.

I don't know what Big Andy got banned for, though. He's a nice guy, generally.
Talking about nig-nogs with 14" cocks!

Veng

RapidRed said:
If you don't like the caf, you've more than made your point by fecking off to other forums, have'nt you. So what is coming on here on stupid WUs and whinging about the caf going to achieve????

alright now Vengaboy?? ;)
Yeah, I was just enjoying the discussion, nothing personal. To be fair leaving a forum involves not typing in its URL or clicking its bookmark. Announcing you are leaving a forum is just attention seeking.

topper

Clown
I've read the above with a great deal of interest and metaphorically nodded as both sides made points that I felt were right but the bottom line is that over the last few months there APPEARED to be two sides fighting away in the Forum with the mods trying to keep some semblence of order.

One side wanted to say what they wanted and the other lot wanted some controls on what was said. The mods eventually decided. again correctly IMO, that some subjects were beyond the pale and issued banning orders and new rules . this led to one section deciding to test the new rules by pushing these rules to the limit and beyond.

This resulted in bannings .again IMO, totally justified and this seemed to be the catalyst for the new Forum. For the record I wish the new Forum every success and do miss many posters that have, regretfully, decided , to miss out on Red cafe. There were and still are some great posters and nice people that I miss as a result.

However in spite of missing some posters I generally prefer the atmosphere now and have returned to posting in the General again. For what its worth my thanks to all who have returned the Caff to some degree of normality.

Livvie

Scout
noodlehair said:
Wait, I'm confused.

Exactly how many forums have we had here?
Recently, or altogether?

I probably meant breakaway forum No. 1 of recent weeks.

:houllier: