Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

Nickosaur

Just got in and amazon have delivered it - wasn't expecting it until tomorrow. Mad that there's two discs, I've starting installing but won't be able to play tonight, stupid social life.

BUGGS

I put the disc into my xbox was able to play straight away with no install. I thought it was 80+ gig?

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Mine is arriving tomorrow now after it was supposed to arrive today! :mad:

The annoying thing is, is that there's a Tesco not far away from me that i should've gone to. Feck it. Gonna to take most of the day tomorrow now to download and install the thing.

Bojan11

Yeah I wasn't expecting it to have so much depth. Really impressed so far

Anyone know how to get rid of a bounty? I accidentally started a fight with a guy in valentine and it resulted in a blood bath
You go to the post office and pay it off.

Art Vandelay

Yeah I wasn't expecting it to have so much depth. Really impressed so far

Anyone know how to get rid of a bounty? I accidentally started a fight with a guy in valentine and it resulted in a blood bath
I did the same thing. :lol:

You have to go to the post office to pay it off.

I got a volcanic pistol and a Springfield revolver for free in Valentine.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I'm over 10 hours in and only just done the mission where you get a new horse because I've been doing so much other stuff. By the way, if you preordered, you can pick your free horse up here. Easy to miss. It's a bulky bastard but quicker.
I put some nice stirrups on and it says +40% core drain. Does that mean it improves the core drain by 40% or makes it worse because you can go faster with them?

Wondering whether to just buy the nicer race horse.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Pretty much. I’m in no rush though. Finally gotten out of the snow on the way to Valentine.
It gets really good now. Overwhelming but very good. Take ya time and don't go piss anyone off in the town is my advice.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
The level of detail is something else.

I do wish rockstar would get better with their controls though. Still as clunky as ever.

Andersons Dietician

The level of detail is something else.

I do wish rockstar would get better with their controls though. Still as clunky as ever.
Yeah it isn’t smooth is it? It’s really clunky and some of the button commands are really annoying. I bought a fancy Xbox elite controller for this where you can adjust the distance of the triggers and when put on hair trigger it doesn’t work.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Yeah it isn’t smooth is it? It’s really clunky and some of the button commands are really annoying. I bought a fancy Xbox elite controller for this where you can adjust the distance of the triggers and when put on hair trigger it doesn’t work.
I get that they're trying to add "weight" to things but TLOU and GoW did it way better.

And yeah the button controls are a pain, I just fecking accidentally shot someone I was only trying to usher on to a train by pointing my weapon at :lol:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I get that they're trying to add "weight" to things but TLOU and GoW did it way better.

And yeah the button controls are a pain, I just fecking accidentally shot someone I was only trying to usher on to a train by pointing my weapon at :lol:
Yeah I've done loads of stuff like this. It is very clunky and often confusing. The shooting mainly.
My weapons in the loadout keep changing/emptying too which doesn't help with the overally clunky vibe.

Fantastic game though and loving it it still.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It gets really good now. Overwhelming but very good. Take ya time and don't go piss anyone off in the town is my advice.
Too late :lol:

Enjoying it so far. I accidentally robbed the bank by running into it and pressing R2 cause I panicked. Shot a load of lawman and my bounty is 190. Cannot afford that so I’ve just been sneaking around the town and they’re all asking me not to cause trouble again. Stopped a guy attacking a woman at night and knifed him to death. Also lost my hat so I bought hair wax and slicked it back. Wearing a mask in Valentine for now :lol:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Too late :lol:

Enjoying it so far. I accidentally robbed the bank by running into it and pressing R2 cause I panicked. Shot a load of lawman and my bounty is 190. Cannot afford that so I’ve just been sneaking around the town and they’re all asking me not to cause trouble again. Stopped a guy attacking a woman at night and knifed him to death. Also lost my hat so I bought hair wax and slicked it back. Wearing a mask in Valentine for now :lol:
:lol: That's quite the opposite.

If you lose a hat that's yours it should be on your horse I think.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Are there only 10 stranger missions in the whole game? That’s not right surely?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
The animations are too sluggish. It's always been a Rockstar problem. Although I'm still in the early game and the snow is amplifying this.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Seems almost impossible to rob a store without having to kill a lawman and get a bounty on your head that makes robbing it kinda pointless.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I flicked on to the stats screen and noticed there's only 10 strangers (of which I've already done almost half - 4/10), 5 bounties (same again - 2/5), and 25 chance encounters (I've done 24 of them). This is somewhat disappointing to be honest. I've not done much of the main missions.
Is it going to get repetitive/less interesting soon? :(

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I flicked on to the stats screen and noticed there's only 10 strangers (of which I've already done almost half - 4/10), 5 bounties (same again - 2/5), and 25 chance encounters (I've done 24 of them). This is somewhat disappointing to be honest. I've not done much of the main missions.
Is it going to get repetitive/less interesting soon? :(
I’ve read that this is just to get 100% completion and there are in fact a lot more.