Redcafe Champions League Draft QF2 - Ralaks v EDogen

Who will win based on players in their prime, team tactics, balance & bench strength?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Agree. That in a nutshell was what I said in a previous game, with ball and without ball are different phases that people need to wrap their heads around.

I agree Lucho will try get forward as often as possible, that's his natural instinct. If you look at Ralaks though, Overmars is key to his transition to attack if not his main route. I would instruct him to stick to defending as there are plenty of outlets for EDogen's side anyway and Robben would beat Capdevila solo anyway.

Asking an attacking fullback to focus on defence is an indication you have the wrong man for the challenge faced though. Ultimately, playing Ferrara there was the right call.
Definitely agree. Had I voted before it would have gone to Ralaks. Edogen's team looks much better after this change because I'm also a bigger fan of Hierro in defense rather than in midfield. Behind two midfielders I'm ok with as well.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Definitely agree. Had I voted before it would have gone to Ralaks. Edogen's team looks much better after this change because I'm also a bigger fan of Hierro in defense rather than in midfield. Behind two midfielders I'm ok with as well.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking regarding Campbell. He could take the CB slot with Ferrara out right and Hierro behind Zidane and Luis Enrique. Hierro makes a better CB partner for Nesta, but that may be what is required.

If EDogen takes Keane he can't play him without benching Robben for Pires, which is a huge call. Or benching Hierro and being stuck with playing Lucho at RB. Then there's whatever he wants to fit after the next game...

Clearly then, Campbell is not a bad option. Looks terrible when others pick the likes of Ronaldo, but Keane was no Ronaldo-level upgrade anyway.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
Pires is atleast as good a player as Robben IMO, it's just the problem of him being on the right.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I have no recollection of Pires ever playing on the right so at best it is a grey area. I guess he could, but I would have to assume any half-competent fullback would deal with him, not so with Robben.