4. xxxx
5. Chanderpaul
6. Watson
7. Adams
8. Akram
9. Cork
10. S. Mushtaq
11. Gul

Quite happy. I can push Chanderpaul up my order if I can find a suitable lower order batsman. I bat till 8. Don't think this team'll have any problems scalping 20 wickets.

Varun

Staff
Very good bowling lineup there IL. Akram :drool:

Not too sure about your batting order though. Cant have the best of everything anyways.

Interval

Level
Very good bowling lineup there IL. Akram :drool:

Not too sure about your batting order though. Cant have the best of everything anyways.
At their peak, Gambhir, Chanderpaul and Jimmy Adams were the dogs bollocks. Yes, there aren't any clear cut world class performers there apart from Chanderpaul but they're more than capable a team to put up any score.

Varun

Staff
At their peak, Gambhir, Chanderpaul and Jimmy Adams were the dogs bollocks. Yes, there aren't any clear cut world class performers there apart from Chanderpaul but they're more than capable a team to put up any score.
Chanderpaul was and still is a class batsman. Specially in Tests. Adams was very good too. Gambhir, i dont think he's been that great in tests, specially away from home. Dont know the stats so am just talking from the impression that i remember of him but he's a much better ODI player than a test player. With him and Mccullum opening the batting vs some of the bowling lineups that teams have here, it'd be a tough ask.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
You guys want to do that thing in which winner can take a player from the losing team?

NM

That would improve the later rounds. But how are we doing in groups?

OB

Chanderpaul was and still is a class batsman. Specially in Tests. Adams was very good too. Gambhir, i dont think he's been that great in tests, specially away from home. Dont know the stats so am just talking from the impression that i remember of him but he's a much better ODI player than a test player. With him and Mccullum opening the batting vs some of the bowling lineups that teams have here, it'd be a tough ask.
Plus McCullum hasn't really been a Test opener.
You guys want to do that thing in which winner can take a player from the losing team?
Yes.

Interval

Level
Gambhir is better in tests away from home. He has above 50 averages in series at RSA, SL, Bangladesh and WI.

Plus, Robin Smith was no mug with the bat either.

And yes, McCullum opens in tests. Its not like their ability to face opening bowlers disappears in tests.

OB

Gambhir is better in tests away from home. He has above 50 averages in series at RSA, SL, Bangladesh and WI.

And yes, McCullum opens in tests. Its not like their ability to face opening bowlers disappears in tests.
McCullum has played most his career in the middle-lower order.
Opening in tests is different to opening in ODI's.

NM

Bangladesh and SL are extremely similar conditions to India. RSA is good, but WI doesn't have too many good fast bowlers any more. I like Gambhir, and he is better than my openers (IMO) but he isn't great.

Red-Indian

1. McCullum
2. Gambhir
3. Robin Smith
4. xxxx
5. Chanderpaul
6. Watson
7. Adams
8. Akram
9. Cork
10. S. Mushtaq
11. Gul

Quite happy. I can push Chanderpaul up my order if I can find a suitable lower order batsman. I bat till 8. Don't think this team'll have any problems scalping 20 wickets.
I like that team Interval. Batting revolves a bit too much around Chanderpaul maybe...but you have class and options. Tough outfit to come up against.

I'd suggest knockouts with one player allowed to be selected from the weaker team. That way we get to the final with a few superstars but not with teams packed with them as would happen if we allowed two.

We could do groups. For example, I could very easily set up a google spreadsheet with passwords for people to vote on the matchups getting to the final points (would take me an hour or two of work) but I doubt you'd get anyone outside the draw interested in making the effort. It will be only the 16 of us voting.

NM

I like that team Interval. Batting revolves a bit too much around Chanderpaul maybe...but you have class and options. Tough outfit to come up against.

I'd suggest knockouts with one player allowed to be selected from the weaker team. That way we get to the final with a few superstars but not with teams packed with them as would happen if we allowed two.

We could do groups. For example, I could very easily set up a google spreadsheet with passwords for people to vote on the matchups getting to the final points (would take me an hour or two of work) but I doubt you'd get anyone outside the draw interested in making the effort. It will be only the 16 of us voting.
Just set up a poll like they do for all the other drafts.

Red-Indian

Progress!

KM - Kallis, Inzy, Anderson, Shane Bond, Morne Morkel, Shakib Al Hasan, David Boon, Ravi Shashtri, Brad Haddin,
Omar Dalvi - Tendulkar, Kaneria, Boucher, Caddick, M Asif, Katich, Mitchell Johnson, Shoaib Mohammad, Nasser Hussain
AldoRaine18 - S Waugh, Flower, Jayawardene, Mark Taylor, Merv Hughes, Gibbs, Hoggard, Collingwood, Ranatunga
Unitedfan101 - Ponting, Harbhajan, Ian Healy, Damien Fleming, Strauss, Ian Bell, Thorpe, I Pathan, Patrick Patterson, C Martin
Zen - Gilchrist, Vettori, Jason Gillespie, Darren Gough, Damien Martyn, Angus Fraser, Vaughan, Sidhu, Azhar Ali, A Jones
Interval Level - Akram, S. Mushtaq, Chanderpaul, Watson, Gul, Brendan McCullum, Gambhir, Robin Smith, Jimmy Adams, Cork
ha_rooney - Warne, de Villiers, Vaas, Langer, Clark, Richardson, Trescothick, Tillakaratne, Ross Taylor, Razzak
nm03 - Lara, VVS Laxman, Stewart, Ntini, Reiffel, Broad, Dean Jones, Mushtaq Ahmed, Afridi, P Adams
kps88 - Murali, Flintoff, Jayasuriya, Azharuddin, Zaheer, G. Lawson, Slater, Saleem Malik, Astle, Kasprowicz
R-Indian - McGrath, Kumble, G Smith, M. Clarke, B McMillan, Streak, A DeSilva, Dujon, G Marsh, Lamb
Desert Eagle - Hayden, Sehwag, M.Hussey, Dhoni, Sammy, Srinath, D. Morrison, Malinga, Dwayne Bravo, Mendis
Crappy - Dravid, Walsh, Chris Cairns, G. Kirsten, M. Crowe, S. Mcgill, Alderman, Cullinan, M. Hafeez, Misbah
MJJ - Younis, Steyn, M. Yousuf, Ganguly, S. Ajmal, Trott, Sarwan, Atapattu, Harmison, Hick
Mightberight - Pollock, Ambrose, A.Cook, Akhtar, Swann,M. Prior, Gayle, Fleming, A Prince, C McMillan
Donadol - Sangakarra, Donald, Pietersen, McDermott, M. Waugh, S. Anwar, Atherton, Hooper, Cronje, Klusener
Stretch - Amla, Lee, Younis Khan, Ian Bishop, Samarweera, F. De Villiers, T. Dilshan, K.Wessels, Herath, Symonds

I hope you've PM'd Aldo. He's usually online around this time. KM and Omar are on pretty late as well.

United Fan 101

Holds a Ph.D. in Football
Aldo picks Ashley Giles.

KM - Kallis, Inzy, Anderson, Shane Bond, Morne Morkel, Shakib Al Hasan, David Boon, Ravi Shashtri, Brad Haddin,
Omar Dalvi - Tendulkar, Kaneria, Boucher, Caddick, M Asif, Katich, Mitchell Johnson, Shoaib Mohammad, Nasser Hussain
AldoRaine18 - S Waugh, Flower, Jayawardene, Mark Taylor, Merv Hughes, Gibbs, Hoggard, Collingwood, Ranatunga, A. Giles
Unitedfan101 - Ponting, Harbhajan, Ian Healy, Damien Fleming, Strauss, Ian Bell, Thorpe, I Pathan, Patrick Patterson, C Martin
Zen - Gilchrist, Vettori, Jason Gillespie, Darren Gough, Damien Martyn, Angus Fraser, Vaughan, Sidhu, Azhar Ali, A Jones
Interval Level - Akram, S. Mushtaq, Chanderpaul, Watson, Gul, Brendan McCullum, Gambhir, Robin Smith, Jimmy Adams, Cork
ha_rooney - Warne, de Villiers, Vaas, Langer, Clark, Richardson, Trescothick, Tillakaratne, Ross Taylor, Razzak
nm03 - Lara, VVS Laxman, Stewart, Ntini, Reiffel, Broad, Dean Jones, Mushtaq Ahmed, Afridi, P Adams
kps88 - Murali, Flintoff, Jayasuriya, Azharuddin, Zaheer, G. Lawson, Slater, Saleem Malik, Astle, Kasprowicz
R-Indian - McGrath, Kumble, G Smith, M. Clarke, B McMillan, Streak, A DeSilva, Dujon, G Marsh, Lamb
Desert Eagle - Hayden, Sehwag, M.Hussey, Dhoni, Sammy, Srinath, D. Morrison, Malinga, Dwayne Bravo, Mendis
Crappy - Dravid, Walsh, Chris Cairns, G. Kirsten, M. Crowe, S. Mcgill, Alderman, Cullinan, M. Hafeez, Misbah
MJJ - Younis, Steyn, M. Yousuf, Ganguly, S. Ajmal, Trott, Sarwan, Atapattu, Harmison, Hick
Mightberight - Pollock, Ambrose, A.Cook, Akhtar, Swann,M. Prior, Gayle, Fleming, A Prince, C McMillan
Donadol - Sangakarra, Donald, Pietersen, McDermott, M. Waugh, S. Anwar, Atherton, Hooper, Cronje, Klusener
Stretch - Amla, Lee, Younis Khan, Ian Bishop, Samarweera, F. De Villiers, T. Dilshan, K.Wessels, Herath, Symonds

Red-Indian

PM Omar. I have KM's pick.

Edit: Though i've just realised he has to pick two. He's not getting Hooper because Dona's already got him. He better decide on a second pick before disappearing.

United Fan 101

Holds a Ph.D. in Football
Oh okay - well I've PMed him anyway.

Just need to add my final pick, an opener and then I begin constructing a team name. :lol:

1. Andrew Strauss (vc)
2. xxx - OPENING BATSMEN
3. Ricky Ponting (c)
4. Graham Thorpe
5. Ian Bell
6. Ian Healy (wk)
7. Irfan Pathan (all-rounder)
8. Harbhajan Singh
9. Damien Fleming
10. Patrick Patterson
11. Chris Martin

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
I was reasonably sure but I just double checked and he's never kept in tests. It would be quite a liability but if he's willing to take the chance...up to him I guess.
He has kept in tests...him as a regular Test keeper would be pushing it a bit though.

OB

:lol: i knew he wanted an opener, so i chose neil first.

And KM, Neil's not even my opener. :D

Edit - i have pmd my pick to aldo.

sajeev

this draft is too dominated by the recent players. They are a lot of talented players from the 90s not featuring here, while we have Danish Kaneria picked so early :houllier:

kps88

The Bible denies any knowledge of such event happening so i'm going to have to take their word for it.
I remember him keeping wickets in England (at Lords I think) when Dhoni decided to bowl a few overs. He's never started a test match as WK though.

Interval

Level
Bangladesh and SL are extremely similar conditions to India. RSA is good, but WI doesn't have too many good fast bowlers any more. I like Gambhir, and he is better than my openers (IMO) but he isn't great.
yawn

home 2004-2011 26 46 2 1905 206 43.29 3599 52.93 5 9 3 229 4
away 2004-2012 22 41 3 1807 167 47.55 3519 51.34 4 10 2 231 3

You'll are talking as if he isn't a top end player. At his peak 2008-2010, he was the best batsman on the planet including 450 runs in 3 tests in New Zealand.

Zen

12th man....oh god, all but 2 names are crossed out on my list, a fair few down to the 3 limit rule(good rule), so some of you missing Ashes players may find the odd sleeper, though some have already said they'd like to see 30 test sample size, but some out there worth the risk of being slightly below.

Stretch

this draft is too dominated by the recent players. They are a lot of talented players from the 90s not featuring here, while we have Danish Kaneria picked so early :houllier:
It's more a reflection of when people watched cricket. Also, the 90s players stats just don't quite match up to some of their recent counterparts. For eg, the guys would rather choose a batsman with a 44 ave from recent times than a batsman with a 35 ave from the 90s.

Zen

apparently wasn't even my turn.....i had like 3 pm's saying it was though. Ah well. ><