g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

RedCafe FC Story Thread - The Story Must Go On

hbgreg

Welcome to RedCafe FC.

The Crew:
@Damien - Damien Stormwolf
@ADJUDICATOR - Wiltshire Stonehenge
@2mufc0 - NewYork SexDolphin
@Skizzo - Berlin Wahl
@simonhch - Neville Neville
@Red-Man-Walking - Leeroy II The ReJenkining
@mazhar13 - Mazhar Solo
@Camy89 - Ralf Minge
@KM - Lord Voldemort
@P-Nut0712 - The 0712
@Rake - Chuck Norris
@Dan - Fabian Assman
@Igor Drefljak - Patrice Carlos Maldini
@altodevil86 - Altod Evil
@Samid - Grabemby Da FakeNewz
@Massive Spanner - Red Card Walkin'
@Solius - Dashus Pace
@OB - Sook Madik
@iammemphis - Baby Fark McGeezax
@hbgreg - Paulelo Kakugba

HERE. WE. GO! HERE. WE. GO! HERE. WE. GO! HERE. WE. GO! HERE. WE. GO! HERE. WE. GO! HERE. WE. GO!

Last edited:

hbgreg

Last edited:

hbgreg

Relax everyone, there will be rotation. That is just what Damien has suggested.

As if I would let my own character rot on the bench. :devil:

First FeckUp

hbgreg

I have to restart to make everyone homegrown, so that we can pass the homegrown rule and have a full squad of registered players...

Thankfully still early, I'll update the values page.

Update 1 Games 1-5

hbgreg

I'll be doing updates in 5 game stretches, I'll also be posting stats and attributes for your players, don't worry about that, but the bulk of the fun will be coming in these game to game updates I think.

Redcafe FC vs Newport County
We were heavy favourites going in, and we're predicted to win the league, but sadly this was a very boring and uninspiring game, which is not to be a surprise since it's the first professional game these group of 16 y/r old superstars are playing together. In the 60th minute I decided it was time for a change with it being such a drab, 0712 missed two big chances after being put on. In the 88th minute, Stormwolf got a penalty and converted it from the spot to win the game. Good individual games for Sook Madik and Kakugba, poor ones for a number including SexDolphin, Baby Fark, Dashus Pace, and Leeroy II.

Redcafe FC vs Wolves (EFL Cup)
After some poor performances I decided to switch it up a bit, giving Patrice, Chuck Norris, 0712, and Voldemort their first starts against Wolves in the EFL Cup. Dashus Pace and Solo did not make the bench. Wolves were slight favourites going into the match. How did it turn out? Kakugba got us started early with a beautiful team goal in the 4th minute, hitting them hard. They struck back in the 29th minute off a corner, the old reliable Stormwolf scored a beautiful goal in the 34th minute, a tight angle goal off a corner to take back the lead Kakugba scored his 2nd in the 43rd with a shot outside the box, a beautiful goal and the Wolves were put to the test being down 2, Stonehenge set him up beautifully. I took Neville and Kakugba off mainly for fatigue purposes around the 62nd minute. In the 74th Wolves brought our lead back down to 1 with a good team goal, moving our defenders out of position and striking when the chance arose. It was at that point that I decided to replace Sook Madik with Red Card Walkin' to help hold onto our lead, and so we did, they went close one more time but we held on. As you can all see, the players I brought into the team rewarded my confidence in them with great performances. We go on in the EFL Cup, to face........... LIVERPOOL.

Redcafe FC vs Colchester
With a quick turn around, I had to shuffle the pack, we played on Thursday and again on Saturday. It gave a few players a chance to regain some trust, such as Dashus Pace, Baby Fark, Leeroy II and SexDolphin. Assman, Solo and FakeNewz also got starts, Wahl and Patrice not making the bench due to only so many slots. Did they reward me back? We were big favourites again, but we almost let them score in the first 20 seconds.. other than that, it was a boring game with nothing happening in the first half. I took Kakugba off early in the 51st minute for Stonehenge due to fatigue, around the 67th minute I decided to again sub the two disappointing strikers, SexDolphin and Leeroy II for Voldemort and 0712, despite Stormwolf needing the rest, I couldn't take him off. They made an impact almost right away, with 0712 setting up Stonehenge for a goal in the 74th minute. They almost scored in the 79th minute after Red Card Walkin' lost his marker and let a striker run through clean on goal, the ball hitting the post and out. They bombared our goal in the last 10 minutes but we were able to hold on, we're 3 for 3. Pace, Red Card, Baby Fark, FakeNewz and Assman all had good starts and gained some favour. Damien, Voldemort, 0712, Stonehenge, Kakugba, and Neville are starting to look like a steady core.

Redcafe FC vs Accrington
Selecting a team was tough for this one, we were big favorites again but there are some key positions I'm not sure about, the strikers and midfielders are pretty much set for now, but the defenders are still up in the air. I decided to put my faith in a back 4 of FakeNewz - Sook Madik - Chuck Norris - Patrice. I have a lot of faith in Evil, Red Card Walkin, Pace and Baby Fark, but this was what I wanted to see. Wahl was back in as GK. Solo and Pace were out of the squad. Voldemort scored in the 3rd minute after Stonehenge seemingly stole the ball in the midfield and sprayed it across the field, a first time 30 yard pass, to a Voldemort who was being played onside by the fullback on the other side of him! Voldemort was clean through on goal and finished his chance by lobbing the keeper it looked like. On the other side of the kick off, 0712 gets into the box after having some passes with Voldemort and scores on an extremely tight angle, in the 3rd minute still! It wasn't long before 0712 added another goal, Patrice providing a beautiful cross, 0712 made the run near post and got a half volley that bounced in off the woodwork and in. In the 61st minute I subbed our 3 midfielders due to fatigue, bringing on Assman and Minge, then moving Sook Madik up from the back to play in the midfield 3, and bringing on Red Card Walkin' to take his place at CB. We were up 3-0 and it should have been comfortable. Amazing games for everyone all around, especially our 3 strikers and midfielders. AND PATRICE! 4 for 4.

Redcafe FC vs Mansfield
They say don't fix what isn't broke, and that's what I said. Other than rotating Wahl for Solo, everything was the same against Mansfield. We were big favourites going in again, but this time our strikers were coming up short in the first half. 0712 particularly was down from his high against Accrington, and Stormwolf was doing just as poor. I finally subbed both 0712 and Stormwolf, as well as Kakugba, due to no improvement in form and we were getting desperate. I brought on LeeRoy II and SexDolphin, as well as Minge to try and inspire a breakthrough, Voldemort stayed on as he was having a good game. There was a breakthrough in the 90th minute when SexDolphin was clean through on goal, he took the shot... AND........ HE MISSED! The chance for our #9 to redeem himself went by. And that was that, a poor game ended 0-0 and our winning streak was over. Poor all around, except for the defence which was rock solid.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Lord Voldemort starting on the bench and establishing himself into first XI. What a fecking legend.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Love that, I ended up reading it dying for my guy to get his hat-trick but it wasn't to be!

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Ah, Minge not putting in the performances yet. Needs to take advantage of his 20 or so minutes off the bench to make an impact.

Come on man, you're a Minge, not a pussy.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Terrible start from my guy here :lol:

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Captain for first two matches, mom for the first, get's dropped for the last ones. Angry and confused.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
i'm surprised my guy is starting seeing as i gave him 1 in pretty much all the technical stats.

also, isn't giving such a massive budget a bit dangerous? couldn't that make the club splash out loads on better players? :lol:

OB

Captain for first two matches, mom for the first, get's dropped for the last ones. Angry and confused.
i'm surprised my guy is starting seeing as i gave him 1 in pretty much all the technical stats.

also, isn't giving such a massive budget a bit dangerous? couldn't that make the club splash out loads on better players? :lol:
I think greg is the one who controls the starting XI and everything

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Amazing updates, Greg. This has been great so far!

@Skizzo Our players may as well just grab a chair and sit on it for 90 minutes. We don't look like we do much work. :cool:

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Redcafe FC vs Accrington
Voldemort scored in the 3rd minute after Stonehenge seemingly stole the ball in the midfield and sprayed it across the field, a first time 30 yard pass, to a Voldemort who was being played onside by the fullback on the other side of him! Voldemort was clean through on goal and finished his chance by lobbing the keeper it looked like.

@KM :drool:

Excellent start from Stonehenge. 1 poor game and the rest good despite playing all of only 2. 2 assists and a match-winner vs Colchester :D

Great update, Greg