Film Redcafe Film Club, Week 1 - Moonrise Kingdom

Yagami

Good post resistant
Gonna have to go with Oldboy, @Ken Barlow .

It was tough. I fancy all 4 at some point.

By the way @VeevaVee I liked the music in the True Romance trailer :lol:

Unlucky for Nightcrawler, though. Looks good and would probably be my 2nd choice.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
So is that 11-11 with everyone having voted?

Yagami

Good post resistant
So is that 11-11 with everyone having voted?
I was going to ask Ken what'd happen in case of a tie. I guess we'll find out.

Kenneth has the final say?
Draw a movie out of a hat?
Put the name of one movie on a toy, and the other on some food, and see which a cat/dog goes for?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I think many have seen Nightcrawler more recently than other films. It's a good movie, but I wouldn't watch it again.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
What an absolute farce.

Ken Barlow

Moonrise Kingdom wins.

It’s was in 1st position from the very first vote. Oldboy (which was also my vote) never at any point was solely first, therefore MK wins On goal difference.!

Thanks for participating, will post up some trivia and ways to watch shortly. Will also be posting Elvis’s nominations for week 2 in a new thread.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Moonrise Kingdom wins.

It’s was in 1st position from the very first vote. Oldboy (which was also my vote) never at any point was solely first, therefore MK wins On goal difference.!

Thanks for participating, will post up some trivia and ways to watch shortly. Will also be posting Elvis’s nominations for week 2 in a new thread.
This is the worst tie-breaker ever, Ken! :lol:

Though in its defence it would've stopped Liverpool winning the champions league.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Moonrise Kingdom wins.

That's a terrible way to decide it :lol:

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Moonrise Kingdom wins.

Yes!!!!!

Ken Barlow

Moonrise Kingdom (2012) IMDB Rating 7.8/10

Directed by: Wes Anderson

Top 5. Films Directed by WA according to IMDB:
1. The Grand Budapest Hotel. 2. Isle of Dogs. 3. Moonrise Kingdom. 4. Fantastic Mr. Fox. 5. Rushmore

At 49 year of age, WA has made 9 feature films and received 5 Oscar nominations.

Synopsis: is about a young orphan (Gilman) who escapes from a scouting camp on an island to unite with his pen pal, a girl (Hayward) with aggressive tendencies. Feeling shunned by everyone around them for their disturbed behaviors, the two lovers retreat to an isolated beach they call Moonrise Kingdom, while the scouts, police and family members launch a search party to retrieve them.

Moonrise Kingdom was nominated for an Oscar for best screenplay, but missed out to Django Unchained.

You have a week to watch and post a brief review. The best and funniest comments will feature in a Redcafe Film Review video once the week is up.
(Will post details tomorrow of how & where to watch)

Last edited:

Yagami

Good post resistant
No problem with this but I think it'd have been my last choice. 1st oldboy, then nightcrawler, then true romance.

If they don't pop up again on here as someone else's nominations I'll have to give them a watch at some point.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Anyone watched yet? Gonna watch tonight or am I jumping the gun?

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Watched it last night, enjoyed it but its by no means brilliant or a masterpiece in my humble opinion, having said that it took me a while to get into it but I'm glad I persevered. Excellent dialogue and lovely cinematography.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
So where's this available to watch?