g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Redcafe Sheep Draft - Balu vs Polaroid

Who will win based on all the players at their peak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Don't read the post above this one then =P.
See, now I feel like a lucky bastard, who doesn't deserve to go through, if I win the penalty shootout :(. Very mean of you.

Moby

Dick
We will start with Polaroid's team.

First up, the man who equalized right at the death to bring it to penalties, the talisman Zinedine Zidane steps up to take the penalty. Will he repeat of what he did in the 06 final? He takes the run and places it calmly in the bottom left corner. Kahn goes the opposite way!

Polaroid 1-0 Balu

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
We will start with Polaroid's team.

First up, the man who equalized right at the death to bring it to penalties, the talisman Zinedine Zidane steps up to take the penalty. Will he repeat of what he did in the 06 final? He takes the run and places it calmly in the bottom left corner. Kahn goes the opposite way!

Polaroid 1-0 Balu
Come on Oliver, Zidane always puts it in the same place.

Moby

Dick
Starting for Team Balu is Stefan Effenberg. A complete opposite to Zizou, he looks completely fired up, would he be able to contain himself before the kick?

Strong run up, he tried to blast it to the left but Neuer is up to it and he saves it!

Polaroid 1-0 Balu

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Come on Oliver, Zidane always puts it in the same place.
It would have been interesting to know the penalty takers and decide the direction of the goalkeeper after that :lol:. If I knew, Zidane was his first taker, I would have given a note to Kahn which told him where to go ;).

Moby

Dick
A great start for team Polaroid. Hoping to continue it comes in El Principe, Fernando Redondo. Kahn would like to return the favour to his young compatriot Neuer.

Redondo goes in, and puts it towards the right. A brilliant disguise that left Kahn rooted to his spot!

Polaroid 2-0 Balu

Moby

Dick
And here we see, Jurgen Klinsmann walking up to the spot. Big pressure on him, if misses this one team Balu would be in big trouble.

Neuer is high on confidence after the first save. Klinsmann tries to place it to the right corner but doesn't get anywhere near enough power on it, as Neuer grabs it with delight!

Polaroid 2-0 Balu

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
The Germans cracking up here. Can't hack it

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I can't feel bad about Neuer saving penalties, fecking nightmare :lol:. Completely confused here.

Moby

Dick
The younger Laudrup, backed by his manager with big words in the media has the job to carry on the dream start for his team. He looks Kahn in the eye, can he derail Kahn's confidence or will the scale tilt back in the balance?

Kahn does the same thing again by staying in the middle, but Laudrup sees it and takes an easy penalty towards the left.

Polaroid 3-0 Balu

Moby

Dick
The captain of team Balu, Matthias Sammer, has walked in. The responsibility rests on his shoulders to keep his team in the game. If he misses, it is all over.

He's looking determined not to let the kid get a third in a row. Surely not? But he does! Sammer went for power but a great save by Neuer.

Polaroid 3-0 Balu

It is all over, Team Polaroid has won in 3 kicks!

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
fecking Neuer, at least he didn't score himself :lol:

Polaroid

Great discussion, youtube diarrhea, unbelievable penalty drama, best game I have been in! credit to @AldoPaine18 , @Balu and all who contributed

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Good game, @Polaroid

Thanks for the commentary here @AldoPaine18 Sorry, that my Germans fecked it up so badly and it was all over way too early :(

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
That was a great read. Well done lads! I am slightly questioning my path in life though. A 30 year old man, spending his Friday afternoon sat on his arse at home frantically hitting F5 to keep up to date with an imaginary penalty shoot out...

Polaroid

That was a great read. Well done lads! I am slightly questioning my path in life though. A 30 year old man, spending his Friday afternoon sat on his arse at home frantically hitting F5 to keep up to date with an imaginary penalty shoot out...
:lol: penalties are great entertainment to watch

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
:lol: penalties are great entertainment to watch
The first shootout was way more nerve wrecking though, I really didn't want to loose my first ever draft game. This one sucks, but I can't feel bad about Neuer saving penalties, that's impossible. fecking confusing game.

Polaroid

The first shootout was way more nerve wrecking though, I really didn't want to loose my first ever draft game. This one sucks, but I can't feel bad about Neuer saving penalties, that's impossible. fecking confusing game.
Yes I remember that, Gilmar wasn't it?