Redcafe Sheep Draft - Balu vs Polaroid

Who will win based on all the players at their peak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Polaroid

Brian Laudrup against one of the greatest club sides and defences of all time
Now instead of those Italian defensive greats, picture Ziege caagainst him

Polaroid

He glides over the turf so effortlessly, dribble, cross, shoot, outside, inside, you name it, he could do it all

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Nay that would be Ziege, he is good offensively but defensively he is the weakest link
Ziege is a wingback here, perfectly suited to his role. Hummels is simply the wrong partner for Ferdinand and individually far from consistently great.

Polaroid

This has Laudrup opening up the German defence as casually as opening a bag of chips

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Gone for Polaroid

Not too sure about this 3-5-2 at all and I don't fully understand Sammer's role. As I said at the beginning I think Zidane will get too much space against this set up and that is a sure bet to cost the game for Balu.

One thing I did think is that maybe Effenberg could combat Zidane when he's in possession, he has the mentality to do a pretty good job there. Trouble is that if it started to play out like that then Redondo will just control this match.

Polaroid has the two best players on the pitch - one at the top of the midfield and one at the bottom. I think Balu has a chance of stopping one, but certainly not both.
Seriously? He's a libero here, doing what he always did. I don't mind if you disagree about man-marking Zidane, fair enough, but that would never ever be Sammer's job. Said it before, it would always be Buchwald doing the man-marking job and Sammer playing centerback here, putting fires out whereever he sees fit. However, I trust Sammer, Effenberg and Kroos with Scholl helping out to contain Zidane and Redondo while my defense overall is a well working unit. I agree Pol will have more possession, far from a significant domination though, but that doesn't equal goals nor does it prevent me from scoring.

Annahnomoss

I think this has been one of my favorites threads in the different drafts. Usually it is either quite one-sided, or the discussion is about something rather pointless like bashing some player or whatever.

In this thread people have really given respect to all players and it have allowed for a much better discussion and everybody has participated in the tactical discussion in a great way.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Looks like we've all passed on a great opportunity to get rid of arguably the strongest team in the draft. Zidane and Redondo will join other teams, but the manshafters will now remain together. :nervous:

Tactical voting FAIL :(

:lol: had to squeeze some time to come vote. Seems worth it. Wife miffed. Over and out.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Gio at the deadline yet again. You can always count on it.

Moby

Dick
Looks like we've all passed on a great opportunity to get rid of arguably the strongest team in the draft. Zidane and Redondo will join other teams, but the manshafters will now remain together. :nervous:

Tactical voting FAIL :(

:lol: had to squeeze some time to come vote. Seems worth it. Wife miffed. Over and out.
Gio just cancelled your vote. :lol:

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
:lol:
posted for those too young to have seen Laudrup
I didn't want to talk bad about him before, because it's probably a bit harsh. But we still make jokes about Hoeness getting tricked into signing the wrong Laudrup :lol:. That doesn't necessarily make him a bad player, the shadow of his older brother obviously is huge, but I don't think he ever performed consistently on the level you're trying to sell here. His performance at the Euro in '92 was brilliant obviously, I'm not denying that.

And ffs, please don't let Neuer score the decisive penalty, that would be mean :(.

Moby

Dick
@Balu @Polaroid

The format is simple :

PM me 2 lists of 5 each for the penalties. Template :

"Player 1" : "Choice"
"Player 2" : "Choice"
"Player 3" : "Choice"
"Player 4" : "Choice"
"Player 5" : "Choice"

Replace the player names with 5 players from your team and replace "choice" by left, right or center.

And for the keeper as well as follows :

"Goalkeeper attempt 1" : "Choice"
"Goalkeeper attempt 2" : "Choice"
"Goalkeeper attempt 3" : "Choice"
"Goalkeeper attempt 4" : "Choice"
"Goalkeeper attempt 5" : "Choice"

Just replace "choice" in this one.

Moby

Dick
Remember the direction you mention is with respect to the player.

So if you say "Player shoots right" it means to his right, and if you say "GK dives right" it means to his right. for example.

Was obvious but just making sure.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Maybe if I wasn't so mesmerized by the Redondo video I'd have had time to vote =P. Was reading the discussion and watching the vids for a good 30 mins lol