g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Redcafe Sheep Draft QF1 - Edgar Allan Pillow vs VivaJanuzaj

Who will win based on all the players at their peak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I probably would feel a bit sick to imagine Laudrup in a team that tries to play football like Mourinho's Chelsea to get the best out of that defense :(. Oh, ffs, completely forgot the game started early, thought I had a few more hours to vote.

Congrats Edgar, good to know Sammer had a brilliant game here :).

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I probably would feel a bit sick to imagine Laudrup in a team that tries to play football like Mourinho's Chelsea to get the best out of that defense :(.
I would feel very much the same with the XMAS tree as well. The more you stretch the oppo and use the entire pitch the more options Laudrup can come up with. :drool:

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I would feel very much the same with the XMAS tree as well. The more you stretch the oppo and use the entire pitch the more options Laudrup can come up with. :drool:
You could use Lahm to stretch the oppo, give him more freedom to attack. He needs to do that anyway with Sanchez there, who's hardly the player to stretch the opponent.

antohan

I thought from the outset Modric should have been playing. Could see the rationale for needing Ince but I wasn't at all inspied by those two as a midfield partnership.

----------------Crespo
----Nedved--------------Laudrup
----------------Modric
---------Ince----------Effenberg

:drool: Sure, you would no longer have Sánchez tracking Branco but I guess that's what you have a fullback for after all.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I thought from the outset Modric should have been playing. Could see the rationale for needing Ince but I wasn't at all inspied by those two as a midfield partnership.

----------------Crespo
----Nedved--------------Laudrup
----------------Modric
---------Ince----------Effenberg

:drool: Sure, you would no longer have Sánchez tracking Branco but I guess that's what you have a fullback for after all.
Isn't that more or less the christmas tree I suggested, the one that made you feel sick? Well, you could call it a 433, don't think there's a big difference in this case, it depends more on the players than on the numbers you write down anyway and in both cases you want the fullbacks to provide most of the width.

antohan

Isn't that more or less the christmas tree I suggested, the one that made you feel sick? Well, you could call it a 433, don't think there's a big difference in this case, it depends more on the players than on the numbers you write down anyway and in both cases you want the fullbacks to provide most of the width.
Well, you were the one choosing those words (feeling sick). The way you put it I thought of Ince as some sort of anchor with Effenberg and Modric ahead. I don't think Ince would be a great anchor, he was box-to-box, and using him as that at the expense of Sánchez and width upfront... Sounded crap.

Of course, it seems that's not what you meant. ;)

Annahnomoss

The funny thing is he was worried of coming across as pro-Viva, while I was arguing with him despite thinking Viva would win it overall. :lol:

It's nothing really, you sometimes just get embroiled in discussing a specific aspect of the game. I don't think Viva has a 2v1 all game long on the flanks, nor do I think he has both fullbacks pinned back and tucking in all game. I think he wins it because he can strike a good balance between both and have a better control of the game, not because either of these extreme views would actually happen.
The issue for me was more that wherever the ball was in EAP's defense I could see clear paths to dangerous chances and EAP had no way to stop it. The second he stopped one threat another one opened. When Sammer went to the defense, Laudrup started dominating the ball just in front of the defense - when Sammer went up to the midfield VJ had a clear edge out wide with Nedved.

The only way for Rui Costa/Sheva/Baggio to score would be through individual brilliance, an absolute wonderful dribbling raid and a great shot. But even then I think that is one of the strengths of primarily Laudrup but also Nedved/Crespo/Effenberg/Ince.

So I'd see EAP winning 2 games in 10, drawing 3 and losing 5 comfortably(as his main attacks would come through counters).