Redcafe Sheep Draft QF1 - Edgar Allan Pillow vs VivaJanuzaj

Who will win based on all the players at their peak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moby

Dick
The aim of this poll is to decide the winner in this fantasy game contested between two sides assembled through the method of drafting. For the purpose of this game, all players would be considered as being at their respective peaks. I invite all posters to go through the formations, tactics and arguments that will follow in the thread and kindly leave their vote. Thanks.

Edgar Allan Pillow's tactics
- Have to start with the best, so here goes. A heavyweight CB pairing of Sanchis and Maldini with the Ballon d'Or winning Sammer operating inbetween is one of the strongest defences. Key to our setup is Sammer's versatality. If there's some serious danger from the opposition then he will marshal the defence. If it is appropriate he will just step into midfield and make it a strong midfield quartet. He is capable of dominating that area of the pitch against most teams and at the very least making things difficult for even the best attackers. Energy, authority, fluidity, class he has it all. The additional stable defensive presence of Alonso makes this a rock solid unit.

- Having such a strong central defence give the fullbacks more leverage to forage forward and add width to the middle, something that both Branco and Amoros take to like a fish in water. Both are easily within the handful of top players in that position. Both Branco & Amoros have the skills and defensive nous to mitigate Nedved/Sanchez operating in wide areas to a great extent. If Nedved/Sanchez move narrower, they will exploit the space behind and are geared to provide more actual width in the middle than Nedved/Sanchez can.

- With Alonso dictating play from the deep and Rui Costa operating at the top, there is abundance of creativity in the middle. Ballck of 2002 provides the ideal bridge in the midfield. Ability of Rui Costa to operate from positions relatively deeper to other comparitive AM's is a marked advantage in strenghthening the midfield.

- Baggio is unparalleled. Be it dropping back to create, dribble past defenders or shooting from out of box, he will be a handful on his own to handle. Rui Costa/Shevchenko is a proven goal scoring combination that needs no explanation. Ballack is placed in his favourite position to make his runs to be box and score important goals. The team does not have any problem in scoring either.

Advantages over opponent:

(+) Better players in defence, both individuals and as a unit - No offence to Terry/Carvalho/(Ince/Effenberg), but they just are not in the same class as Maldini/Sachis/Sammer. With extra support from Alonso, it is of far better quality than my opponents and can handle anything he is capable of throwing at them.
(+) Better spine - RuiCosta, Ballack & a mobile Baggio operating in attacking midfield area will overload the area in my favour.
(+) Quicker transition between defence and attack - Be it a counter attack initiated from deep (Alonso) or attack when in possession (RuiCosta, Baggio, Ballack) it is far smoother and quicker for my team to change gears.

Team Edgar Allan Pillow

Team VivaJanuzaj

Starting formation

VivaJanuzaj's tactics
Basic tactics:
My whole team is built around one of the best individuals the game has ever seen - Michael Laudrup, and it gets the best of him. In the attack, you got three players in Alexis-Nedved-Crespo who have brilliant movement that splits open defenses, and know how to score goals, making themselves available to one of the best passers the game has ever seen. I got perfect balance in defense and midfield - A.Cole and Lahm are both offensive full backs, while Lahm is more solid defensively and rarely needs the help of his winger, Ashley Cole is less more aggressive and that's why he's going to partner Nedved - one of the best wingers in history whose a real workhorse, while Lahm has Alexis Sanchez - a winger with a good tactical awareness who also tracks back often. My central midfield has Paul Ince - an English legendary defensive midfielder, to cover for my roaming full backs, and the amazing Stefan Effenberg - one of the best midfielders Germany has ever seen, who has anincredible range of passing and one touch play and is counted to be one of the toughest midfielders in history. In defense as I said I have Euro 2004 best Goalkeeper Antonios Nikopolidis, guarded by a known and proven partnerships of the best ever Chelsea's defense in A.Cole-Carvalho-Terry, with Lahm to massively upgrade the weakest link in that defense - Gallas. Lahm is one the best full backs in history and Germany's & Munich's skipper.
Key Points:
  • Proven Partnerships - As I said earlier, A.Cole-Terry-Carvalho was Chelsea's brick wall between 2004-2010, winning together 3 league titles, 3 FA cups, 2 League cups & 2 Community shields, Carvalho once described his partnership with Terry as: "Like being two halves of the same whole". Another great partnership was Nedved-Crespo, Nedved & Crespo shared a season together in Lazio in 2000-2001 resulting Crespo's highest scoring season with 26 league goals and Nedved's 9 - when they played together, Crespo scored the most goals in his career and Nedved had the 3rd highest goalscoring season of his career.
  • Defending as One Unit - Apart from Crespo and Laudrup, my team is based on hard working players, and against EAP's diamond it will be a key factor. My full backs love to roam and they will, but they never lose cover of their defensive wing, while Nedved and Alexis are very hard working and disciplined wingers, and they will track cope with the dangers of Amoros and Jorginho, while freeing Lahm and A.Cole to tuck in and make EAP's lack of width unbearable, leaving as a result EAP's attack to go only through a very parked center of the park.
Why I will win the match:
  • Exploiting the Wings - Like every diamond, EAP's weakness is his wings, and gladly for me that's one of my best strengths. EAP will have to send his wingers forward in order to create width and I will catch them off guard. With two of the best attacking full backs in recent years, one Nedved, and Alexis Sanchez, wings will be my way to win the match. Alexis had a tough first season in Barca and now is one of their top scorers(This season so far - 18 goals & 11 assists!), Nedved and Sanchez are both wingers who can cross the ball or cut inside and shoot brilliantly, while Lahm and Cole bombard forward. Crespo has a brilliant aerial ability and superb movement inside the box, so I can see the wings being a really good matchup for me. Nedved & Cole vs Amoros is the biggest mismatch in the match, and I will gladly take advantage of it.
  • Quick Transition From Defending to Attacking - It's hard dominating possession against a diamond, and that's why I'm passing out on Modric for Effenberg, because I don't plan on controlling possession on this match. As I stated earlier, Laudrup and Crespo are the only players who won't help the defending part, leaving them up there waiting to enjoy some of the brilliant long passes some players in my side have(Effenberg, Nedved, Ince, Lahm) or relying on the speed of my wide men(A.Cole, Lahm, Nedved, Sanchez).

Last edited:

VivaJanuzaj

Good luck Edgar and Brwned. Voted for myself one of you should do the same.

I think the biggest mismatch in the game is the wings here, when I'm defending Lahm and Cashley can tuck in and help the CBs, while my hard working wingers can deal with Branco & Amoros, leading to lack of width in his attack, while when I attack it's constant 2vs1s in both wings.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Voted already, there isn't a lot in it for me and I think perhaps Januzaj is lighter up top (In the sense Sheva and Baggio would outscore Crespo for me, not a slight on Crespo). I also think the wings will be a stalemate, I can't see the pivot from this game coming from the sides due to EAP's full back's managing to stifle Sanchez at least, and I'd imagine Nedved would be double marked, or closer marked with the full back less attacking focused.

The game is won in the middle, Laurdrup, Effenberg and Ince would dominate the midfield IMO and although I think EAP is more lethal up front, I can see Januzaj getting too many chances not to win this.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
A bit harsh to claim 1 cap Roman Weidenfeller is the biggest advantage on the pitch over Nikopilidis, who can atleast point to some sort of peak International form. Although I'm not a fan at all of the Greek it would have been easy for Viva to pick any current keeper performing reasonably well. In this game i'll probably have the keepers fairly level.

VivaJanuzaj

A bit harsh to claim 1 cap Roman Weidenfeller is the biggest advantage on the pitch over Nikopilidis, who can atleast point to some sort of peak International form. Although I'm not a fan at all of the Greek it would have been easy for Viva to pick any current keeper performing reasonably well. In this game i'll probably have the keepers fairly level.
Yep. They are really shouldn't be compared, I believe Niko is better but it doesn't matter, let's just agree that keepers are as weak links in both teams equally.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I think Nikopolidis is a solid keeper myself and wouldn't call either him or Weidenfeller a weak link at all. Weidenfeller is a reliable, commanding presence at the back.

Voted already, there isn't a lot in it for me and I think perhaps Januzaj is lighter up top (In the sense Sheva and Baggio would outscore Crespo for me, not a slight on Crespo). I also think the wings will be a stalemate, I can't see the pivot from this game coming from the sides due to EAP's full back's managing to stifle Sanchez at least, and I'd imagine Nedved would be double marked, or closer marked with the full back less attacking focused.

The game is won in the middle, Laurdrup, Effenberg and Ince would dominate the midfield IMO and although I think EAP is more lethal up front, I can see Januzaj getting too many chances not to win this.
That midfield trio with Nedved supporting would dominate Alonso-Ballack-Rui Costa with Sammer consistently stepping into midfield and Bagio dropping back to overload the middle area? Interesting.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Personally I see Alexis Sanchez and Branco as the two "weak" links if anything.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
The smiley at end indicates that it is a tongue in cheek comment. Or it should :-( As is normal I've discounted both keepers from tactics. If confusing, I don't mind deleting that sentance.

@AldoPaine18 Can you please delete the last (++) point from my tactics writeup!

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
I think the biggest mismatch in the game is the wings here, when I'm defending Lahm and Cashley can tuck in and help the CBs, while my hard working wingers can deal with Branco & Amoros, leading to lack of width in his attack, while when I attack it's constant 2vs1s in both wings.
I don't think so. As I mention in my tactics, Amoros/Branco are more than well equipped to mitigate the threats of Nedved/Sanchez. If you are talking about your full backs crossing to Laudrup/Crespo, they have none other than Maldini/Sammer/Sanchis+ Alonso to get past. Not that easy and not optimal to depend on fullbacks for goalscoring chances.

On the other hand, your CB's would definitely need Ince's support at minimum to handle Baggio/Shecvchenko...which leaves Effenberg to handle Rui Costa + Ballack and again that is in my favour.

When off possession, I have better defence and when in possession, I have better attack.

VivaJanuzaj

That's where you're missing my entire defensive idea. Alexis and Nedved are both hard working wingers with great tactical awareness, they will follow your wing backs anywhere when I'm defending, leaving at least one of my full backs every time to deal help deal with Shevchenko and Baggio making it 3vs2 with Ince and Effenberg dealing with Rui and Ballack.. Basically at least one of my full backs will always be free to aid there. If my wingers weren't as hard working as they are it wouldn't have worked but it will because apart from Laudrup and crespo everybody defends together. 8 of my 10 field players have amazing tactical awareness. On the other hand Xabi Alonso was never quick and when I counter you will be exposed with your wing backs and lack of pace in CM

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
The main issue is Laudrup vs Ince /Effenberg. I have none other than Maldini and Sammer there. A GOAT and a Ballon d'Or winner. Ince will be busy with Baggio and I double team Effenberg with Rui Costa and Ballack.

Don't agree on domination part, but still without able to score, domination is quite useless, right? With better attack, have better chance to score than him as you rightly pointed out...

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
The main issue is Laudrup vs Ince /Effenberg. I have none other than Maldini and Sammer there. A GOAT and a Ballon d'Or winner. Ince will be busy with Baggio and I double team Effenberg with Rui Costa and Ballack.

Don't agree on domination part, but still without able to score, domination is quite useless, right? With better attack, have better chance to score than him as you rightly pointed out...
I could concede the majority of points, I could even admit that you perhaps a slightly superior attack/defense, but for me the main difference is midfield and although I rate your team elsewhere, I think when you loose the battle in the middle, doesn't matter if you can score as you wont get enough chances IMO, whereas he in comparison is limp (Dare I use that word when speaking of such a great player) up top, but I'd expect them to get chance after chance (While conceding that Sammer would do a good job of stifling most), it was very close for me, I suppose the main reason I did it is because of the fact I perhaps "over value" winning the midfield battle...

VivaJanuzaj

The beautiful thing that Brwned and EAP are doing here is completely ignoring Nedved's influence and simply taking it out of the discussion..
Ballon D'or Nedved was such a terrific player, who could create chances single-handedly and he did it against better full backs than Amoros, especially when they didn't have the attacking mission.
Nedved will lead my counter attacks coming from deep with his amazing pace, being the first one to join Crespo and Laudrup in attack, he's one twos with Laudrup will be unstoppable between Sammer and the weak RCB Sanchis, while Crespo will drift a bit to the right pulling Maldini in LCB after him breaking up the defensive line.

VivaJanuzaj

A small graphic gesture:

EAP/Brwned on the attack:
As you can see in the following picture, Amoros and Branco are being heavily tracked by both Nedved and Sanchez, allowing at least one of Lahm/A.Cole to tuck in and crowd the middle. Either of R.Baggio or R.Costa will have to drift a little wider in order for them not to step on each others' toes and that's where that full back will come in action(in this graph - A.Cole helping against Baggio). Ince & Effenberg covering for Rui and Ballack, leaving Shevchenko against both CBs and sometimes an extra full backs. Goals won't come.

My Team steals the ball and going on counter:
One of my midfielders/full backs takes the ball, spreads it wide, in this graph - to Nedved, who outruns Amoros with his pace and on the account that he is facing the opponent's goal while Amoros needs to turn around, Laudrup is being watched by only Sammer leaving a situation of Laudrup-Nedved-Crespo(and sometimes Sanchez) against Maldini-Sammer-Sanchis(and sometimes Xabi if he stays deep, because he doesn't have pace to get as quickly as needed to stop this).

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I am not sure how wings are a stale mate here. Both Lahm and Cole will provide ample support going forward. Having Sammer in there allows EAP to get a CB to help out but it is still not the same as someone tracking a full back making run going forward. I think EAP has enough presence in the middle to negate Laudrup here. Alonso-Sammer will be operating in a similar area, though once again I feel Sammer should have been purely played as MF only. Problem is Nedved. I think he is potentially the match winner for Viva here if Laudrup is getting crowded out. I still think Costa and Baggio are not going work that well together.

Also is Alonso going to work with a MF which has Sammer already? He would want to spray the ball about himself

Last edited:

VivaJanuzaj

I am not sure how wings are a stale mate here. Both Lahm and Cole will provide ample support going forward. Having Sammer in there allows EAP to get a CB to help out but it is still not the same as someone tracking a full back making run going forward. I think EAP has enough presence in the middle to negate Laudrup here. Alonso-Sammer will be operating in a similar area, though once again I feel Sammer should have been purely played as MF only. Problem is Nedved. I think he is potentially the match winner for Viva here if Laudrup is getting crowded out. I still think Costa and Baggio are not going work that well together.

Also is Alonso going to work with a MF which has Sammer already? He would want to spray the ball about himself
Exactly

sajeev

for me EAP clinches the defense, and maybe even striker (rest are even). but i could still see VJ winning

Jayvin

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
You lose points for not coming up with funny/insulting nicknames for the opposition in that graphic, Januzaj.

VivaJanuzaj

You lose points for not coming up with funny/insulting nicknames for the opposition in that graphic, Januzaj.
:D I'm waiting a little longer before talking smack about my opponents.. Antohan is definitely disappointed though..

for me EAP clinches the defense, and maybe even striker (rest are even). but i could still see VJ winning
That's exactly the idea, in reality my team will work together better and therefor win.

Jayvin

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Seriously though, tough game to call. Went for Edgar by a whisker, think with Sammer there he will be stronger in midfield and defence.

Annahnomoss

If we remove Sammer from the equation we instantly see that Ballack and Alonso will be exposed completely as Rui Costa/Sheva/Baggio won't participate much in the defense.

This means Sammer HAS to be in the midfield all game long, which renders the wing-backs as effectively just full-backs. The full-backs of EAP won't do a different role than Lahm/Cole. Of course VJ has Nedved and Sanchez who will ensure complete domination on both wings.

Amoros is solid, but responsible to shut out not just Nedved, but an overlapping Cole. He is basically doing a job that is absolutely impossible in my eyes. Nedved will cut in towards the goal, Amoros will have to follow Nedved and as he closes in Nedved passes out wide to Cole who gets a brilliant chance or just passes back to Nedved after Amoros tries to close him out.

Branco on the other side will get beaten by Sanchez and Lahm - but there I think Maldini will outskill him to such a degree that the Sanchez/Lahm combo is primarily going to lead to massive amounts of unpressured cross-attempts.

Alonso-Sammer-Ballack will silence Laudrup with a team effort from all three of them but it will cost them the game to do so. I think EAP would have been way better of playing a 5-4-1 where the full-backs weren't without cover.

EDIT: Won't vote until both managers has had the chance to adjust tactically or argue their cases.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Alonso-Sammer-Ballack will silence Laudrup with a team effort from all three of them but it will cost them the game to do so. I think EAP would have been way better of playing a 5-4-1 where the full-backs weren't without cover.
That's bit of dilemma though. If Sammer does not help out in midfield that much then I would back Laudrup to get better of Alonso and Ballack. Ballack is not a DM anyway and at his best played in a much more attacking role.

Annahnomoss

That's bit of dilemma though. If Sammer does not help out in midfield that much then I would back Laudrup to get better of Alonso and Ballack. Ballack is not a DM anyway and at his best played in a much more attacking role.
Exactly my point! I agree completely with that which is the entire trauma. Sammer has to be on Laudrup and there is no way around that as Alonso/Ballack would get exposed on repeat otherwise.

EAP/Brwned can't afford losing Sammer in the defense, but they can't afford losing his presence in the midfield. If Sammer is in the defense, the midfield will be completely dominated by Laudrup. If Sammer isn't in the defense his wing-backs will become a huge issue when they bomb forward - and when they defend as Maldini/Sanchis can't step out to help the wing-backs.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The fact that Vivajanuzaj has three of my favourite players (Nedved, Laudrup and Lahm) had me leaning towards him beforehand. I also think Annahnomoss makes a good point regarding Sammer.

Right now I'm leaning heavily toward VJ but I'll wait before voting to see how things play out.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin

Alonso does work with Busquets for Spain, so him playing with a DM partner is not a new concept. The problem being Baggio and Sheva. Any over enthusiasm in their full backs, esp Cole will be apt to get punished, and my team's counter is in no way slow. Ballack and Rui Costa will keep his midfield occupied, so without the full back cover Baggio/Sheva will have a field day there. I did stress in the middle here, Sammer has the versatility and is smart to know where to operate. Alonso is no defensive slouch here. Though not as good a playmaker his defending is better than Pirlo, more like a carrick type holding midfielder who depends on reading and positioning rather than running out tacking everyone.

Why is Nedved more dangerous than Baggio? Nedved/Laudrup is facing Maldini/Sammer, whereas Baggio/Sheva are faving Terry/Carvalho. Don't understand why Nedved is more of a match winner than Baggio here! As good as Laudrup may be, Baggio is more lethal. His drifting around the middle, dropping back deep is going to cause chaos and not sure the part time full back support is enough to contain him.

Exactly this, a against that defence, how will he ever score? Sanchis+Maldini+Sammer is just rock solid and Alonso is also operating there intercepting crosses. On the other hand Rui Costa/Ballack against Ince/Effenberg and I don't have to bang about Baggio again here, do I?

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Exactly my point! I agree completely with that which is the entire trauma. Sammer has to be on Laudrup and there is no way around that as Alonso/Ballack would get exposed on repeat otherwise.

EAP/Brwned can't afford losing Sammer in the defense, but they can't afford losing his presence in the midfield. If Sammer is in the defense, the midfield will be completely dominated by Laudrup. If Sammer isn't in the defense his wing-backs will become a huge issue when they bomb forward - and when they defend as Maldini/Sanchis can't step out to help the wing-backs.
:eek: Drafts have got way too serious. Furious agreement followed by what? Knocking your heads together?

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
If we remove Sammer from the equation we instantly see that Ballack and Alonso will be exposed completely as Rui Costa/Sheva/Baggio won't participate much in the defense.

This means Sammer HAS to be in the midfield all game long, which renders the wing-backs as effectively just full-backs. The full-backs of EAP won't do a different role than Lahm/Cole. Of course VJ has Nedved and Sanchez who will ensure complete domination on both wings.

Amoros is solid, but responsible to shut out not just Nedved, but an overlapping Cole. He is basically doing a job that is absolutely impossible in my eyes. Nedved will cut in towards the goal, Amoros will have to follow Nedved and as he closes in Nedved passes out wide to Cole who gets a brilliant chance or just passes back to Nedved after Amoros tries to close him out.

Branco on the other side will get beaten by Sanchez and Lahm - but there I think Maldini will outskill him to such a degree that the Sanchez/Lahm combo is primarily going to lead to massive amounts of unpressured cross-attempts.

EDIT: Won't vote until both managers has had the chance to adjust tactically or argue their cases.
Just as I mention before Alonso is a defensive midfielder with a very good passing ability. Making him out in same vein as a attacking Ballack is just wrong. If he has 2 extra men on wings, then inversly I have 2 extra men in the middle, right? Discounting Ballack / Rui Costa, I have the extra 2 operating at opposite ends of the pitch, being Alonso and Baggio. And he mentions that he expects his full back to support Baggio, so if we leave his wide AM's to my full backs, the extra 'threat' posed by his full backs is negligible.

I do rate Laudrup, but saying that he needs a team of Sammer+Alonso+Ballack is just overrating him. Again it is not just man-marking one to one, but on spaces. I have 6 people operating against his 4 and if he commits his full backs to the line, then my counter is going to be much easier than his original attack.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
It's funny how EAP has gone from almost losing for not including Rui Costa to being in a losing position for not playing Cambiasso.

Bollox is clerly doing nothing for him, people assume it's his AM persona so he does nothing in defence, but then he also does nothing much going forward seeing as Rui Costa and Baggio are way more handy. Get rid.

Very strange, I thought EAP would have got Pirlo instead of Amoros. He needed the RB upgrade but that midfield seems to be a non-descript mumbo jumbo.

Last edited:

sajeev

Exactly this, a against that defence, how will he ever score? Sanchis+Maldini+Sammer is just rock solid and Alonso is also operating there intercepting crosses. On the other hand Rui Costa/Ballack against Ince/Effenberg and I don't have to bang about Baggio again here, do I?
i think you should win this but VJ has put together a team which can be very effective.very tough to call but having Sammer in there is really helping you.
will wait before i vote.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Why am I on the defensive here? How will he defend against my attackers here? Baggio/Sheva are going to remain upfront, but then his full backs are going to be harassing me at both ends of the pitch simultaneously is just tragically funny!

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Again Alonso is getting a raw deal here. He cannot defend and cannot participate in attack. have people forgotten what happened to Liverpool once he left. He is playing for one of the best teams in both club and national side and just seems invisible in this draft. More like a liability than just being invisible :houllier:

VivaJanuzaj

It's not a matter of Baggio-Shevchenko directly vs Terry-Carvalho because they both got either of Lahm/A.Cole or both to help them, so to say that they will do more damage than Nedved-Laudrup is nonsense.. Nedved here will have a whole lot more freedom as opposed to Baggio who will get overrun between his own teammates and my defenders tucking in and crowding the middle area when I'm defending(As I showed in the graph), while Nedved got Amoros(who is too busy attacking) and Sanchis who is the weakest defender here apart from Branco.
Come on. My attacking threat is better than your's because of you lack of creativity from wide areas and you're facing exactly the players to make that a problem.

It's funny how EAP has gone from almost losing for not including Rui Costa to being in a losing position for not playing Cambiasso.

Bollox is clerly doing nothing for him, people assume it's his AM persona so he does nothing in defence, but then he also does nothing much going forward seeing as Rui Costa and Baggio re wy more handy. Get rid.

Very strange, I thought EAP would have got Pirlo instead of Amoros. He needed the RB upgrade but that midfield seems to be a non-descript mumbo jumbo.
Exactly! It will never work.

Why am I on the defensive here? How will he defend against my attackers here? Baggio/Sheva are going to remain upfront, but then his full backs are going to be harassing me at both ends of the pitch simultaneously is just tragically funny!
Please, I showed it in the graph and explained time and time again how I'm planning to defend. But for you, I'll say it again:
Wing backs being followed by Nedved & Sanchez
Without further wide players that is freeing - Cashley and Lahm to tuck in to crowd the middle, helping Terry&Carvalho against Shevchenko-Baggio
Ince & Effenberg are tracking Ballack & Costa.

No attacking threat whatsoever. I'll go further to say that without an extremely lethal counter - which you don't have(and on top of it I'm playing very carefully against them), I can't see you scoring.

On the other side of the pitch, you got my counter attacking options as I displayed in the graph although no one commented on that, I got Crespo's aerial threat against Lahm Cole Sanchez & Nedved's crosses, And I got Sanchez-Nedved-Crespo who all three of them have brilliant movement between defenders to finish off master passers Laudrup & Effenberg.

Maybe you got better individuals in most positions, my team is perfectly built to defend against yours.

VivaJanuzaj

You said it all, I beat him in both wings, and sometimes in the middle. On the other hand I've proven how I'll stop his attacking threat.
Plus, with the number of crosses I'll get here and Crespo's unique aerial ability I think it's a promised goal.