Redcafe Snooker

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Started playing this again recently. It's unbelievably hard isn't it. If you haven't been playing consistently from a young age you can forget it. I do enjoy the tactical side of it over pool but in absolute awe at some of the stuff these guys can do on the table and make it look so easy.
A lot of it is just practice like anything. You get used to sighting the angles and muscle memory. Used to play regularly as a kid but then stopped. When I went back as an adult it was embarrassing, missing easy pots.I want to get back to it, found a club but don't know if I have the commitment.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
A lot of it is just practice like anything. You get used to sighting the angles and muscle memory. Used to play regularly as a kid but then stopped. When I went back as an adult it was embarrassing, missing easy pots.I want to get back to it, found a club but don't know if I have the commitment.
Same. Doesn't help with deteriorating eyesight as you age either.

Bertie Wooster

Really don't understand Vafaei's attitude since beating Ding Junhui.

Seems to be doing his best to generate a public war of words v O'Sullivan. Now the complete madness of smashing up the reds off the break in just the second frame of a World Championship match!

Really needs to sort his attitude out and get back to playing his normal game. Having said that, I'd prefer Ronnie to win so happy enough to see him carry on behaving like a petulant kid if he wants to.

Last edited:

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Started playing this again recently. It's unbelievably hard isn't it. If you haven't been playing consistently from a young age you can forget it. I do enjoy the tactical side of it over pool but in absolute awe at some of the stuff these guys can do on the table and make it look so easy.
Started playing over the last 5 months and go once a week. You do feel yourself getting better over time. Highest break is 32 at the moment and would love to manage 50 eventually. You know the good players of a club are the ones who just play alone on a table

Reactions: CassiusClaymore

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Ronnie has had his fair share of meltdowns. I think he’s enjoying calmly going about his business while Vafaei has his.

Zen

This Vafaei is a pretty beastly fella, especially for a Snooker player. But yeah, Ronnie's just outwitting him Ronnie style so far.

Murphy-Si was a belter... and Binghams throwing his game against Allen away, but at least he's playing to type doing it.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
To help get rid off the ignorance, Vafaei is breaking up the balls from the break off because that’s exactly what Ronnie did in a match against Vafaei back in the fall. Having said that, if Vafaei seriously wants to compete with Ronnie then he would be fat better not awakening the beast. In fact Vafaei may even have helped Ronnie to his 8th title. For the first time this season Ronnie looks up for it, and when he’s motivated he’s still a cut above all the rest even at his age. Genius!

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Vafaei is a potter but Ronnie strangled him out of the match today. Very tight snooker.

Meanwhile, this Williams Brecel match is very good. Never seen someone stroll around the table as casually as Luca.

Bertie Wooster

Great win for Luca! :)

Played very well. And also showed good mental strength after Williams got back to 11-11.

And Neil Robertson really has a fight on his hands against Jak Jones.

Zen

Good to see some new faces looking good here.... but if it merely leads to Ronnie-Selby.... I just, dunno. Eh.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Never seen so many double reds potted before. Can count 3 this tournament so far.

Zen

Luca might not be practicing but at least he isn't endlessly worrying about his FPL and Chelsea on twitter all the time inbetween sessions like Robertson seems to, though it's probably not actually that much - just randomly pops up on mine all the time it seems :lol:

sallycinnamin

Neil Robertson for the life of me can't seem to work it out. It's baffling how he has so underachieved at Sheffield given all his titles and ability. In big trouble again 10-5 down.

sallycinnamin

Vafaei is a potter but Ronnie strangled him out of the match today. Very tight snooker.

Meanwhile, this Williams Brecel match is very good. Never seen someone stroll around the table as casually as Luca.
Ronnie knows that it'll be a match vs Brecel but think he'd rather play him in fact go far as to say he'd be delighted it's not Williams.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
This performance from Vafaei is very much like ours against Liverpool. He’s stopped playing and is allowing his nemesis to humiliate him.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
The hug at the end was nice to see. Their ''rivalry'' was just for the papers. Wasn't much in it.

Zen

Selby still Selby'ing it up I see. Noticed the empty seats for his game tonight too :lol:

RedChip

Selby still Selby'ing it up I see. Noticed the empty seats for his game tonight too :lol:
Was watching Si v Milkins. Turned over after two sessions and Selby's match is still the same score as end of first session. Must have been fun.
Selby comes across nice in interviews; not like the player.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
How many more frames do they have to play tonight ?

Zen

Ref will just end it early. Selby's fuming after him stepping in in that previous frame, so will milk it dry in protest.

Bondi77

I don't know the full draw but I have always felt that Allen had a world title in him so if he stays away from Ronnie it could be his year.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
If we have an O'Sullivan/Higgins final I will despair.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Who's this latest Chinese fella - do we finally have a prospect worth his salt?

ChrisNelson

One of the least exciting quarter final lineups I can remember at this tournament.

So many big players have bottled their opportunity yet again (looking at you Trump, Robertson, Murphy, even Lisowski who I think is destined to just never win anything).

Mark Allen now 0-2 down to Jak Jones as well although he has his hand on the table in frame 3.

An O'Sullivan v Allen final would be fantastic but there's a lot of snooker to be played yet.

Anthony McGill is such an incredibly hard player to get rid of at the Crucible, truly tough match player.

Bondi77

I would like to see the GOAT break the record but I must admit I would like to see Allen lift the trophy.