g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Redcafe Snooker

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
What an absolutely ridiculous frame Ronnie has just had with that 128. I know some people don't get it when he says his cueing is off, but this is clearly what it's like when it's on.

Great start to the match from both, Ding needs to keep up the break building from every opportunity and this could be a classic.

cyberman

This his like practice for him, this is pressure free Ronnie on the practice table.
Goldstein tells a story about helping out at practice with him and he is casually on the black for a 147 and goes to rack the balls when on the last black, Andy had to beg him to pot the black so he could see a 147 in person.
At what point is a sport perfected and can’t evolve anymore? Is this one of those points in time?

Redlambs

They are bigging up Judd, and as well they should, but Ding did absolutely nothing wrong. Ronnie blasts everyone who ever played the game away there, it was just ridiculous.

Ding lost 6-1 with a 96% pot success and a 100% long pot success :lol:
Unbelievable what we just witnessed.

@ChrisNelson will be along any moment to commend Ronnie’s performance.
No, Ronnie was actually playing.

You know these guys only bring him up when he's not involved :lol:

Redlambs

Watch him lose the final now and say the line.

I might even put a cheeky fiver on it :lol:

At what point is a sport perfected and can’t evolve anymore? Is this one of those points in time?
We can never say that. Look at the darts for example.

Davies - Hendry - Ronnie - ??? That's what he himself says. There's no one out there now, but there surely will be. There always is.

the_cliff

They are bigging up Judd, and as well they should, but Ding did absolutely nothing wrong. Ronnie blasts everyone who ever played the game away there, it was just ridiculous.

Unbelievable what we just witnessed.

No, Ronnie was actually playing.

You know these guys only bring him up when he's not involved :lol:
Not being over analytical but Dings safety play wasn't really that good today. Not taking away from the performance but Judd doesn't give Ronnie as many chances or half chances.

cyberman

Watch him lose the final now and say the line.

I might even put a cheeky fiver on it :lol:

We can never say that. Look at the darts for example.

Davies - Hendry - Ronnie - ??? That's what he himself says. There's no one out there now, but there surely will be. There always is.
Yeah but you could see the progression. Davis was safer and didn’t score heavily enough (by his own admission) while Hendrys attacking game brought the game forward which folded to Ronnies generation who kept those aspects but improved on safety play as well since any leave basically costs you frames now.
What aspect of snooker can have that kind of jump now? I’m not saying there won’t be fantastic players in the future but all I can see is someone matching this at best

Redlambs

Not being over analytical but Dings safety play wasn't really that good today. Not taking away from the performance but Judd doesn't give Ronnie as many chances or half chances.
Safety play didn't really come into it until the later frames where he was perhaps mentally beaten down anyway.

But yes, I agree that Judd doesn't give him as many chances. The best thing for us all is Ronnie on that form vs Trump at his best. What a game that would be!

Darkhorsez

It's just finished was on itv 3 if you can get a plus one hour or somehow of watching it back get it in on quick ,one of the best sessions of snooker ever played possibly even commentator of 33 years said it.
Thank you - will do. Found out too late - he was being interviewed and the commentators were in awe.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Anyone else not fan of Judd or just me?
Find him very difficult to like despite the fact I should because he plays exciting snooker. He’s just a bit of a scrawny chav.

rajds89

Personally I think he’s a bit dull (similar to @Pexbo) but on the table I find him one of the more entertaining players.
He is entertaining to an extent. I'm stick of watching him just smash balls all over the place (that brown for example) and rely on luck to be on the next ball and get applauded for it as if no one else can do it.

cyberman

This is going to get to 4-0 and Ronnie will just bin the rest of the game off

rajds89

Sure Ronnie’s playing crap but Trump is one of the very few players who isn’t intimidated by him.
It helps when you have the ability to just hit the balls as hard as you can and often get the run of the ball to be on the next.

Bit of tongue in cheek, Judd is of course a very very good player.. I just really dislike the prick.

Bertie Wooster

Anyone else not fan of Judd or just me?
I'm a huge fan of Judd (and Jack Lisowksi).

Both are very entertaining players to watch but, huge credit to Judd, he's also developed a very fine all round game which is why he's winning plenty of tournaments (unlike Jack :().

rajds89

I'm a huge fan of Judd (and Jack Lisowksi).

Both are very entertaining players to watch but, huge credit to Judd, he's also developed a very fine all round game which is why he's winning plenty of tournaments (unlike Jack :().
I'm a huge fan of Jack. In a one off match against anybody he can win, he just needs to do it over the course of a tournament. Once he wins the one though, he has the game to win more and more.