Redcafe Snooker

ChrisNelson

Yes Murphy has one of the best all-round games, he doesn't really have what you would call a weakness. But Robertson is so dominant at the moment, in his last 4 ranking events he has been winner / runner-up / runner-up / winner. And he's just won his first round match 10-1, although granted Murphy went one better!

Should still be a good match though, Robertson 3-1 up at the first interval. My money is still on Robertson for the title and even though he's a Chelsea fan I hope it's either him or Judd that wins it.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Selby's a bit shit, whenever he's in break I have a feeling he'll feck it up, which he did most of the time yesterday. And Wilson is playing pretty good, so, fully deserved 5-3 lead for him. Wake up, Mark, or you're gonna join O'Sullivan and Allen.

The other Wilson is good too, loved his last two frames last night.

Two new matchups start today.

Friday 26th of April

10am

Shaun Murphy 3-5 Neil Robertson Robertson leads 21-11
Stephen Maguire v James Cahill Maguire leads 1-0

2.30pm

Mark Williams v David Gilbert Williams leads 7-4
Mark Selby 3-5 Gary Wilson Selby leads 5-0

7pm

**Shaun Murphy 3-5 Neil Robertson Robertson leads 21-11
Stephen Maguire v James Cahill Maguire leads 1-0

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Maguire disappointed me a lot of times, so, I'm cheering Cahill. Of course, 13-3 Mags win incoming now.

Ainu

I had to laugh when the Eurosport commentators yesterday kept saying Kyren Wilson didn't look happy. That's just his face, even when he smiles he looks like he's about to cry. I mean, just look at him in the official snooker game:

:lol:

ChrisNelson

Had a good morning of snooker at the Crucible. Saw 8 frames of Maguire v Cahill then the last of Murphy v Robertson when the screen went up.

Cahill is lucky to only be 5-3 down, should be 6-2 minimum.

He kept potting some cracking long shots but couldn’t get settled in to any decent breaks.

Hoping Gilbert does Williams in their match as I can’t stand Williams. Plus Gilbert is a Derby lad so local to me!

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Maguire’s head has gone. Smacking the table. If he was playing O’Sullivan it would be game over by now.

Ainu

Maguire's temperament is terrible. He was still well ahead when he started sulking. He's in serious danger of wasting that lead altogether now.

RedChip

'Angles' Mcmanus has become my favourite commentator. He has an interesting turn of phrase.

ChrisNelson

Great win for Wilson and guarantees a qualifier in the semi-finals as he will play either Carter or Yuelong, both of whom came through Qualifiers.

Brophs

The One and Only
Gilbert's nickname, according to Wiki, is The Angry Farmer. I know they can't all be the Hurricane, but bloody hell.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Williams gone too. Robertson may have already played his toughest match.

ChrisNelson

The 4 remaining second round matches play out today and they're all fascinatingly poised.

First to 13:

1pm
Barry Hawkins 9-7 Kyren Wilson
Ali Carter 7-9 Zhou Yuelong

7pm
John Higgins 8-8 Stuart Bingham
Judd Trump 7-9 Ding Junhui

RedChip

The 4 remaining second round matches play out today and they're all fascinatingly poised.

First to 13:

1pm
Barry Hawkins 9-7 Kyren Wilson
Ali Carter 7-9 Zhou Yuelong

7pm
John Higgins 8-8 Stuart Bingham
Judd Trump 7-9 Ding Junhui
Will probably be hopping between the two evening matches, but looking forward to Trump v Ding, especially. Ding did really well to turn the match around.

ChrisNelson

Definitely going to be an interesting day. Wilson has already levelled against Hawkins and Carter has pulled back to within one of Zhou.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
I absolutely hate Judd trump, it's mental how much too. Don't even know the fella :lol:
Yeah, I dislike him for no readily identifiable reason too. I think it's got something to do with the shape of his head. Maybe also the comedy aspect of a stickman pretending to be Hercules with a cue. Totally unfair, but I always like him to lose.

Ainu

We all have a player we don't like, I guess. For me it's John Higgins. Even without the whole betting controversy, he just rubs me the wrong way with his mannerisms (that tongue ffs). Annoyingly, he's also one of the greatest players in the history of the sport.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Judd Trump is a slimey lizard chav. It’s no wonder nobody likes him. He’s got all the class of an Ian Reus thread.

ChrisNelson

My most disliked player is Mark Williams, I can't stand the bloke. Never has there been a bigger gap between how funny someone thinks they are and how funny they actually are. Someone retweeted some bullsh1t he posted once and we ended up exchanging a couple of words :lol:.

Quarter-finals start today and it's fair to say some are more interesting than others:

10am
David Gilbert vs. Kyren Wilson
Gary Wilson vs. Ali Carter

2.30pm
John Higgins vs. Neil Robertson
Judd Trump vs. Stephen Maguire

7pm

RedChip

My most disliked player is Mark Williams, I can't stand the bloke. Never has there been a bigger gap between how funny someone thinks they are and how funny they actually are. Someone retweeted some bullsh1t he posted once and we ended up exchanging a couple of words :lol:.

Quarter-finals start today and it's fair to say some are more interesting than others:

10am

2.30pm
John Higgins vs. Neil Robertson
Judd Trump vs. Stephen Maguire

7pm
Yeah, not very good match ups, some of those. Hopefully, we will be pleasantly surprised.