g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Redcafe Snooker

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Ronnie getting a proper beatdown by Mark Williams today . Absolutely insane level of play by Williams

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Ronnie getting a proper beatdown by Mark Williams today . Absolutely insane level of play by Williams
Looked like a machine at times in the Bingham match as well. Dunno if he's said anything about it on interviews, but he seems to really enjoy having no fecker there.

RedChip

Looked like a machine at times in the Bingham match as well. Dunno if he's said anything about it on interviews, but he seems to really enjoy having no fecker there.
Yeah, this looks a bit like 2018. Williams hitting form. Definitely, the next session will be an interesting one

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Maflin sh***ting the bed so far. I had him winning this one.
Never would have had McGill pulling away in this one given how fecking difficult both him and Clarke managed to make the game look during their match. Maflin honestly looks like he must be hungover or ill or something.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Happens every year. A new comer knockouts a big name and then bottles it in the next match.

SirAnderson

Missed this evenings sessions because of the match. But looks like Trump really struggling yeah.

Selby I believe is looking good.
Maybe could go all the way this tourney.
Will be interesting to see if Ronnie gives a feck tomorrow, he seemed very off it, or more likely that Williams just wants it more.

red4ever 79

Missed this evenings sessions because of the match. But looks like Trump really struggling yeah.

Selby I believe is looking good.
Maybe could go all the way this tourney.
Will be interesting to see if Ronnie gives a feck tomorrow, he seemed very off it, or more likely that Williams just wants it more.
As a fellow Welshman I will be routing for Williams. Enjoying the tournament this year

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
I really dont want Selby to win this overall but it looks like he just might. 4 time world champion just doesn't seem right.

Wilt

Very poor standard from McGill and Maflin, ridiculous to think that one of these two will be in the semi final

Something of the night about McGill

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I really dont want Selby to win this overall but it looks like he just might. 4 time world champion just doesn't seem right.
Why doesn’t it? He’s an absolutely top level match player.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
I would prefer him to some of the others too.
100% he’s not the most exciting of players or people for that matter but he doesn’t come across as unpleasant or unbearably annoying which is more than can be said for the likes of Trump of Murphy.

RedChip

100% he’s not the most exciting of players or people for that matter but he doesn’t come across as unpleasant or unbearably annoying which is more than can be said for the likes of Trump of Murphy.
I was seem to root for his opponent when watching his matches. Yet, when they interview him, I think he sounds like an OK bloke. It seems some players you just can't take to.

RedChip

Very poor standard from McGill and Maflin, ridiculous to think that one of these two will be in the semi final

Something of the night about McGill
Yep, the draw was really lopsided. One half has former world champions slugging it out. This side has these two.

ChrisNelson

You're always going to get a lobsided draw when the results go the way they have.

4 of the 8 seeds in the top half of the draw went out in round one, with Higgins & Yan following in round two (although Yan obviously played a fellow seed).

Only one qualfier made it past the first round in the bottom half of the draw, and he was subsequently beaten in the next round.

It's still difficult to pick a winner - Selby & Williams are playing some great stuff and will take some beating.

I think if Trump can make a comeback and get past Wilson he will relax a bit, he should get past McGill/Maflin comfortably. He's then got a great chance of breaking the Crucible curse.

If Wilson makes the final (I'd make him big favourite in the S/F too) I think it might be a step too far.

SirAnderson

Very exciting start to both matches, Ronnie with a terrible let down first frame but hasn't let it get to him!

Trump seems determined, will still be tough, but pressure could get to Wilson more than it would Trump. But Champ pressure to do consecutive titles is huge as well.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Why doesn’t it? He’s an absolutely top level match player.
Seems wrong to me that he could join John Higgins on 4 and surpass Mark Williams. But I have to admit I don't like him. Put me off years ago when he came to the table needing something ridiculous like 6 snookers, poor gamesmanship to try and put his opponent off.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Seems wrong to me that he could join John Higgins on 4 and surpass Mark Williams. But I have to admit I don't like him. Put me off years ago when he came to the table needing something ridiculous like 6 snookers, poor gamesmanship to try and put his opponent off.
There’s literally nothing wrong with that, it’s solid match play rather than gamesmanship. Gamesmanship is what Ebdon does with toilet breaks and 12 minute shots. Getting your hand on the baize and disrupting your opponents potting rhythm is part and parcel.

ChrisNelson

I can't stand Mark Williams so I will be backing Selby to pass him so he slips down the list one more.

Defending champion now out and the Crucible curse continues, still no first time champion has returned the following year and defended it.

Wilson played very well in that match and the mental side of his game is as good as there is on tour.

I think it's fair to say one semi-final will have a lot more interest in it than the other!

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
What a bloody session from Ronnie! Unbelievable.
Working and watching Ronnie and he didn't disappoint.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
The level that Williams played at yesterday seemed unsustainable and same can be said about Ronnie today . I think Ronnie wins this but will be tight

Zen

Do people regularly call Mark Williams... MJW? It genuinely bamboozled me for a moment, even MW wouldn't have done that.

Selby's a proper Worlds player, Ebdons resilience but far more talented. Williams and Selby playing to push themselves closer to absolute greatness with 4, Ronnie playing to get within one and joining Davis etc - reckon Wilson ends up winning it at this point to spoil any of that.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Ronnie and Williams playing like me down the local club at the moment. Breaks of 7 and 10 at a time

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
That was a really bad shot choice from Williams after being unlucky, should have played a safety rather than going for the crazy pink

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Haven't a clue who will win. Both Ronnie and Williams nervous and making mistakes. I guess it's whomever ends up with the least mistakes.

Then whoever wins has Selby to play. This side of the draw is mega loaded.

Zen

I doubt either are all that nervous - just getting into the long of it now, and both have a tendency to get bored and both are massive shot makers. I think Selby will fancy his chances big time with them both already showing the signs of it against each other of all opponents.