Gaming RedCafe's Greatest Video Games Of All Time Contest (ROUND 5)

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Rules have been altered slightly:

Rounds 6&7 have been merged into one round. Switch and Wii U have basically the same games and the PS5 and XBOX Series X/S currently rely on many ports and only a handful of exclusive games so made sense to roll this into one.

Don't worry, there is a new bonus round, which will be really fun. I promise.

Ainu

Rounds 6&7 have been merged into one round. Switch and Wii U have basically the same games and the PS5 and XBOX Series X/S currently rely on many ports and only a handful of exclusive games so made sense to roll this into one.

Definitely think this is the right decision, mostly because I've always felt Switch belongs to the PS4 and Xbox One era more than anything. Breath of the Wild up against the likes of Bloodborne. It would've been a walkover for Switch in round 7. I don't think PS5 and Series will play a big role in round 6. With so few games yet, that's ok.

You've made me curious for the bonus round now.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Definitely think this is the right decision, mostly because I've always felt Switch belongs to the PS4 and Xbox One era more than anything. Breath of the Wild up against the likes of Bloodborne. It would've been a walkover for Switch in round 7. I don't think PS5 and Series will play a big role in round 6. With so few games yet, that's ok.

You've made me curious for the bonus round now.
I agree. Round 7 would have been a Switch exclusive round :lol:

Two bonus rounds, both very different but equally fun (I hope).

Revan

Assumptionman
Round 6 should not be done and The Witcher 3 just be declared the winner.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
@Dirty Schwein we really need at least 3 PC rounds. Having 8 rounds for console and only 1 pc doesn't make sense and won't give an accurate final round since PC games are so prevalent

I'd suggest

PC multiplayer games - too 3 advance
Early PC single player 1980-2005 top 3 advance
Modern PC 2005-2021 top 3 advance

Or you could have each main decade
90s
00s
10s
20s

With single and multi places

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"

You promise?

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands

There really needs to be a round I can vote for Skool Daze in.

AaronRedDevil

Might barely crack my top 5.
God of War was too epic man. Witcher was a slog after a while. I personally love the game, 2nd playthrough I decided to be a pokemo- er I mean a Gwent Master. Addicted to it. Best open world game by far imo. But GoW. It was something else. The story was great along with the characters and the backstories Mimir was talking about. Built up my hype for the next one. Plus that Baldur fight at the end was just :drool:

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
That would be a travesty the worlds most boring but beautiful looking game
Are you referring to Red Dead or Red Dead 2? I mean both would be wrong for that opinion but surely more applicable to 2 than 1.

Moby

Dick
God of War was too epic man. Witcher was a slog after a while. I personally love the game, 2nd playthrough I decided to be a pokemo- er I mean a Gwent Master. Addicted to it. Best open world game by far imo. But GoW. It was something else. The story was great along with the characters and the backstories Mimir was talking about. Built up my hype for the next one. Plus that Baldur fight at the end was just :drool:
Yeah TW3 is definitely a slog and I also spend 70-80 percent of my play time playing Gwent. GoW story and lore is good and it's setup well for the next one but that final fight was gash from combat pov. Looked great as everything else in the game and overall.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
@Dirty Schwein we really need at least 3 PC rounds. Having 8 rounds for console and only 1 pc doesn't make sense and won't give an accurate final round since PC games are so prevalent

I'd suggest

PC multiplayer games - too 3 advance
Early PC single player 1980-2005 top 3 advance
Modern PC 2005-2021 top 3 advance

Or you could have each main decade
90s
00s
10s
20s

With single and multi places
I have something lined up for PC but can't quite do it like this. Needs to follow similar structure and also, it would be too much work for me.

Hopefully my compromise will make PC gamers a little happier.

Date based won't work due to regions.

You promise?
Pinky.

Red Dead has to be out in front. Seen it in nearly every list.
It's definitely up there near the top.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I will get to the next round tonight sorry. I have a boiler guy in New house and need to be here and the internet doesn't come in until next Friday.

So once I get to my hotel tonight, I'll set it up.

Might have similar issue next round too.

Apologies to all.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I will get to the next round tonight sorry. I have a boiler guy in New house and need to be here and the internet doesn't come in until next Friday.

So once I get to my hotel tonight, I'll set it up.

Might have similar issue next round too.

Apologies to all.
Said before but if you need any help, just shoot me a message. Don't want to step on your toes of course :)

Hope the house move goes okay!

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Said before but if you need any help, just shoot me a message. Don't want to step on your toes of course :)

Hope the house move goes okay!
Thanks for the offer mate, I may hold you to that depending on this week goes!

GueRed

1. PES 2011
2. PES 2013
3. Battlefield 3
4. Red Dead Redemption
5. GTA V

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Thanks for the bump, I thought the deadline had passed. Well ...
1.God of War 3
2.Infamous
3.Mortal Kombat 9
4. Call of Duty 4
5.No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle (There's many games on the WII I could've picked from, but ultimately went with this one because of its heavy emphasis on motion control)