RedCafe's World Cup Game [RCWCG]

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Someone told me you like managerial play-by-forum games. So, I'm presenting you RedCafe's World Cup Game (presented by _MTR_).

Regulations:

1. RCWCG is designed for 16 PLAYERS.
1.1 RCWCG
1.2 GROUP STAGE consist of 4 groups with 4 TEAMS. It corresponds to WC group stage.
1.3 Next round is QUARTERFINALS - WC last 16. Also matches for 9th and 13th places are played.
1.4 Then SEMIFINALS - WC last 8. Also matches for 5th places are played.
1.5 And FINAL - WC semifinals, final and 3rd place match. Also match for 3rd place is played.
2. PLAYERS starts with 100 R€D (GAME currency).
3. Every TEAM has to have atleast 16 players and no more than 23. 2 or 3 of them are have to goalkeepers.
3.1 Every TEAM has to have no more than 5 players from 1 country.
3.2 Every TEAM has to have ASSISTANT chosen from real World Cup managers. His nationality and national team are unrestricted.
3.3 Every TEAM is chosen in AUCTION.
3.4 AUCTION RULES:
3.4.1 Every PLAYER downloads this file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h7vid1j9ri17rfz/RedCafeAuction.xlsx
3.4.2 Then every PLAYER fills grey-coloured cells with VALUE he is ready to pay for FOOTBALLER. This is called BID.
3.4.2.1 This can be from 0 R€D to even 100 R€D (pretty stupid idea).
3.4.2.2 Summed VALUE of the FOOTBALLER can, and should, exceed 100 R€D. 100 R€D limit will have meaning in §3.4.6
3.4.3 After every PLAYER send this file back to ORGANIZER.
3.4.4 ORGANIZER compares offers and send PM informing PLAYER about won AUCTIONS
3.4.4.1 AUCTION is WON if no one offered not more than 90% of highest BID. PLAYER has FIRST-OPTION to this FOOTBALLERS. PLAYER who was 2nd in AUCTION gets SECOND-OPTION on FOOTBALLER.
3.4.5 ORGANIZER sends info to interested players about still-going AUCTIONS for FOOTBALLERS
3.4.6 After AUCTION is ended, every PLAYER choose his own team from FOOTBALLERS he has FIRST-OPTION on, according to RULES from §3. At this time TEAM doesn't have to have 16 players.
3.4.7 Then, every PLAYER is informed about FOOTBALLER he has SECOND-OPTION on, but they weren't selected by PLAYERS with FIRTS-OPTION on them. PLAYERS then complement their TEAMS. TEAMS have to consist of at least 16 FOOTBALLERS after this step.
3.4.8 If PLAYER is still discontent with his TEAM, he can enquiry ORGANIZER about FOOTBALLERS he still has FIRST-OPTION on and about FOOTBALLERS he has THIRD-OPTION on and PLAYERS with FIRST-OPTION on them didn't enquiry about them.
3.5 ORGANIZER doesn't take part in RCWCG because of AUCTION SYSTEM.
4. SECOND AUCTION:
4.1 FOOTBALLERS can be realeased only when their COUNTRY was knocked-out from WC. PLAYER recovers half of their VALUE.
4.1.1 FOOTBALLERS are realeased from TEAMS which got knocked-out from RCWCG.
4.2 Second and last AUCTION takes place on 2 and 3 July. Every still in RCWCG PLAYER will got additional 50 R€D to spend.
4.2.1 VALUE of FOOTBALLER in second AUCTION can't be lower than VALUE in first AUCTION.
5. Before every MATCH, every PLAYER announces his SQUAD consisting of 11 FOOTBALLERS.
5.1 SQUAD has to consist of: exactly 1 Goalkeeper, at least 3 Defenders, at least 3 Midfielders (1 Defensive Midfielder and 1 Offensive Midfielder at least) and at least 1 Forward.
5.2 BENCH consists of 5 FOOTBALLERS
5.2.1 SUBSTITUTIONS are made only if FOOTBALLER from SQUAD plays no more than 60 minutes.
5.2.2 SUBSTITUTIONS are possible only within formation.
5.3 SUBSTITUTIONS get points X*T/90 points (see §6), where X-their points, T-time they played in RCWCG MATCH.
6. MATCH RESULT is calculated from special algorithm:
6.1 POINTS are gained in 4 categories: GK, DF, MF, AT
6.2 In AT category points are gained by all FOOTBALLERS: 100 for GOAL, 50 for ASSIST, 15 for SHOOT ON TARGET, 10 for CHANCE CREATED.
6.3 In MF category points are gained by all FOOTBALLERS: 1 for every PLAYED MINUTE (no more than 90), -30 for YELLOW CARD, -(60+time left to end of the match) for RED CARD, -10 for FOUL WITHOUT BOOKING. See §8 for more info.
6.3.1 FOOTBALLER with negative POINTS in MF is SUSPENDED for next MATCH.
6.3.2 Points in MF category are also gained by ASSISTANT: He gets 50 points GOAL DIFFERENCE in his real match. ASSISTANT who is no longer in WC gains 50/X points for TOTAL GOAL DIFFERENCE in tournament, where X is points for round his national team was eliminated; 5-group stage, 4-last 16, 3-last 8.
6.4 In DF category points are gained by Goalkeepers: 25 for every SAVE; other footballers: 5 for every BLOCKED SHOT and GOOD TACKLE. Every footballers got -100 points for OWN GOAL.
6.5 In GK category points are gained by Goalkeepers: 100 for every CONCEDED GOAL; Defenders: 50 for every GOAL LOST when they were on the pitch; Defensive Midfielders: 35 for every GOAL LOST; Ofensive Midfielders: 10 for every GOAL LOST; Forwards: 5 for every GOAL LOST.
6.6 POINTS gained in every category are now divided by 90.
6.7 FINAL MATCH RESULT ALGORITHM:
6.7.1 TEAM with more POINTS in MF has more POSSESSION.
6.7.2 GOALS SCORED by TEAM with more POSSESSION (let it be TEAM A) are calculated as follows: ((AT(A)+GK(B)-DF(B))/3)^(1/2) and rounded to full natural numbers.
6.7.1 GOALS SCORED by TEAM B are calculated as follows: ((AT(B)+GK(A)-DF(A))/3)^(1/2) and rounded down to full natural numbers.
7. In case of DRAW in KNOCK-OUT round there is PENALTY SHOOTOUT.
7.1 Before KNOCK-OUT round every PLAYER determines 5 FOOTBALLER who will perform PENALTIES.
7.2 TEAM with more POINTS in MF is scoring first.
7.3 PENALTY is SUCCESSFULL when AT of the shooter is higher than 2*DF of other TEAM's goalkeeper.
7.4 In case there is still DRAW, PENALTIES are shooted by players with the most AT. Then §7.3
7.5 In case there is still DRAW, WINNER is announced according to full, not rounded, MATCH RESULT.
7.6 In case there is still DRAW, I have no IDEA.
8. Every PLAYER has to nominate TEAM CAPTAIN and VICE-CAPTAIN before 12 June. They cannot be changed after this time.
8.1 CAPTAIN gets 2*MF points in MF.
8.1.1 Also, CAPTAIN gets 10 points for every FOOTBALLER in his NATIONAL TEAM (not in RCWCG TEAM) who started match and didn't get booked till the end (at least 60 minutes played).
8.2 CAPTAIN's AT is multiplied by 1.5 for PENALTY SHOOTOUT.
8.2.1 CAPTAIN's DF is multiplied by 1.2 for PENALTY SHOOTOUT.
8.3 CAPTAIN gains points in MF: -45 for YELLOW CARD, -(90+time left to end of the match) for RED CARD.
8.4 Before every MATCH PLAYERS nominate FOOTBALLER with FREE ROLE.
8.4.1 FREE ROLE can be given only to Offensive Midfielder or Forward.
8.5 FREE ROLE FOOTBALLER gets 1.5*AT and 0.5*DF (not counting OWN GOALS).
8.6 Before every MATCH PLAYERS nominate FOOTBALLER who's their HEART OF THE DEFENCE.
8.6.1 HEART OF THE DEFENCE can be given only to Defensive Midfielder or Defender.
8.7 HEART OF THE DEFENCE gets 1.5*DF and 0.5*AT.
WTF is that?

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Cool concept but I think you're trying to make it too realistic. It's way to much to process. If the game isn't simple enough, noone will play it.
The Cardiff winger? I don't think he's going to the World Cup.

Shark

@NotShark
That OP shouldn't be laughed at, it should be killed and buried in the deepest pit ever.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
So much effort went into OP. This is not how he imagined it.

Cantonarightboot

So much effort went into OP. This is not how he imagined it.
could he not of come up with something a bit easier though? Unnecessarily complicated!

Why not run a pools tournament? I'm doing one in my work place... take a fierce amount of work if someone was commited enough to do it!

PS: I wont be that person!

Lu Tze

Good effort OP. Needs simplification but still, good effort.

dannymc1309

I run sun dream team and score predictions leagues in work, much more effective, although I kudos for the effort.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Didn't read, just one sentence "Only 16 players allowed" so just count me in. PM me if something is going to happen to me.

redtilldead123

Didn't read much of the rules, too many numbers and words.

Do we just pick our player of the tournament? If so I'm in.

Messi.

Good luck to everyone else.