Reddit ITKs

Tiber

I thought xSimon was supposed to be the one IDK with the redcafe seal of approval? Turns out he just read the sun

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I thought xSimon was supposed to be the one IDK with the redcafe seal of approval? Turns out he just read the sun
To be fair he said the same about Wan-Bissaka a few journalists came out and denied it then within a day he turned out to be right so who knows.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I wouldn't say they're hit or miss, they just sort of report whatever the club tells them to but their info is solid.
They report when things are done, but not really what i'd call a speculation journo who gets the news first. That's what we're interested in.

I don't care if Simon Stone says a deals been agreed 6 hours later after everybody else, the cats out the bag by then.

nainaisson

As far as I can tell the only thing he’s been spot on with is timing of announcements. See my earlier post with regard to embargoed announcements. The rest is just tittle tattle based on rumours and stories already in the public domain. Several ways he could obtain the announcement timing information:

He’s either a journalist or knows one.
He works in a newsroom.
Has a genuine contact at the club or works there himself.

If the latter that would be incredibly stupid as breaking the terms of an embargo is serious stuff, and I think the club would be all over it.
His Twitter posts are almost identical, in content and wording, to OleSolskjaerSZN, who claims to have contacts in marketing. It seems like they're the same person.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
They report when things are done, but not really what i'd call a speculation journo who gets the news first. That's what we're interested in.

I don't care if Simon Stone says a deals been agreed 6 hours later after everybody else, the cats out the bag by then.
Exactly. I hate modern football in general but nothing’s more infuriating than this ‘tier’ bullshit that seems to have migrated here from reddit. The BBC journalists are treated like gods when all they seem to do is confirm news that’s been in the public domain for many weeks (speculation or otherwise).

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Exactly. I hate modern football in general but nothing’s more infuriating than this ‘tier’ bullshit that seems to have migrated here from reddit. The BBC journalists are treated like gods when all they seem to do is confirm news that’s been in the public domain for many weeks (speculation or otherwise).
Once they speak you know it's "done" but there are certain people who get wind of things early. Not all of them are right all the time, you just have to take it with a pinch of salt.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
To be fair he said the same about Wan-Bissaka a few journalists came out and denied it then within a day he turned out to be right so who knows.
Indeed. I think we probably need to be waiting till at least Wednesday before we start questioning him

SATA

To be fair any transfers aren’t guaranteed until the player signs on the dotted line. The information passed on could be accurate at first hand but changed for whatever reason(s). The club thought we had Aaron Ramsey and Obi Mikel sewn up but certain circumstances dictated we did not

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Is getting one thing wrong enough to expose someone?
No because he clearly had something when it comes to AWB and James but as soon as you get a blot against you understandably you're not as bullet proof as you once were

nemanja15

Most of the done deals he's "leaked" were firmed up by more mainstream sources and said to be agreed within around 48 hours of his tweet. So you'd expect to see similar things again by Tuesday night/Wednesday morning this time. Think people need to take this kind of thing a little less seriously, mind... it's your decision whether you buy into it or not and invest energy believing what a stranger says online; you only have yourself to blame for taking it too far in your own head if it backfires.

Sterling Archer

Why do you care so much about this??????????????????????
^this

It's getting silly seeing less than amateur detective work trying to poke holes in the idea that some guy may or may not have a connection to someone at the club.

@Wumminator really poor effort, mate. You've just put out an over simplified copy and paste with a very naive literal translation.

Frankly, the only good read I've had from this back and forth over ITKs as if it means a goddam thing is that maniac, DB_Cooper who created emails and history of a relationship to convince the Reddit mods Dr Ligt was on a plane. Now THAT was entertaining. And a nice example of how much the term "fake news" is a real and worrisome thing these days. Arguing over the validity of transfer rumor mongerers is just a bit daft. Enjoy the muppetry or move on and debunk meaningful misinformation like that the earth is flat, meat and dairy are good for you, or that the holocaust and 9/11 were hoaxes.

RkkMan

Most of the done deals he's "leaked" were firmed up by more mainstream sources and said to be agreed within around 48 hours of his tweet. So you'd expect to see similar things again by Tuesday night/Wednesday morning this time. Think people need to take this kind of thing a little less seriously, mind... it's your decision whether you buy into it or not and invest energy believing what a stranger says online; you only have yourself to blame for taking it too far in your own head if it backfires.
It's already starting mainstream outlets are reporting that Maguire has told Leicester he wants to leave and the stance has gone from "Not for sale" to "Leicester won't stand in his way if a fee is agreed" which smacks of PR just a small matter of time now I think

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
So while you've panted it as his claims have been black and white what they actually have been

Sanchez - hard to move, swap deal most likely (if he were to move which was proving hard)
Fabinho - can't see that one
De Ligt - clearly Barca were favourites to sign him and then he clearly was available again hence that he went close to signing for PSG and now possibly Juventus
Maguire/Fernandes - he said Fernandes could happen first not that it will
What about saying we were after Bale/Alderweiweld this summer? What about last summer when he was talking about Fabinho being on the plane?

I genuinely am staggered that people believe him!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's already starting mainstream outlets are reporting that Maguire has told Leicester he wants to leave and the stance has gone from "Not for sale" to "Leicester won't stand in his way if a fee is agreed" which smacks of PR just a small matter of time now I think
Seems the exact same scenario as the other signings.
Deal done but a lot of pr being done to make both clubs look like they've done really well.

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
What about saying we were after Bale/Alderweiweld this summer? What about last summer when he was talking about Fabinho being on the plane?

I genuinely am staggered that people believe him!
How do you know that you weren't after Bale & Alderweiweld this summer?

Has it ever crossed your mind that they could have told United to f*** off?

Gandalf

How do you know that you weren't after Bale & Alderweiweld this summer?

Has it ever crossed your mind that they could have told United to f*** off?
So far as Bale is concerned there is no way we or anyone else were in for him this summer. Real want to get back the fee they paid Tottenham for him and they are now having to adjust to the reality that unless they let him go on a free he is going to be spending 3 more years in their squad.

We might have approached Alderweireld and been told to feck off but I doubt it. We certainly could trigger the clause which would take Tottenham out of the equation and he is pretty clear that he wants a big contract which we can offer him, it is unlikely he would dismiss us out of hand if we came calling even if his preference is for a club in the CL.

L1nk

He's the only one to confirm the correct time of Dan James announcement before it happened, and it was spot on. Regardless of how 'ITK' you think this xsimon guy is he definitely knows somebody with a bit of knowledge on the inside track, though how much I can't say, there's one thing to say lucky guess but he had the day and exact time correct though.

George The Best

He's the only one to confirm the correct time of Dan James announcement before it happened, and it was spot on. Regardless of how 'ITK' you think this xsimon guy is he definitely knows somebody with a bit of knowledge on the inside track, though how much I can't say, there's one thing to say lucky guess but he had the day and exact time correct though.
Every sports newsroom in the country, and many beyond, had that pre-information though. They were just not at liberty to divulge it until a certain time. I can understand how somebody, somewhere, could have leaked that level of information to him though.

But, that’s a lot different to claiming a deal has been done, when it patently hasn’t been.

Gandalf

Every sports newsroom in the country, and many beyond, had that pre-information though. They were just not at liberty to divulge it until a certain time. I can understand how somebody, somewhere, could have leaked that level of information to him though.

But, that’s a lot different to claiming a deal has been done, when it patently hasn’t been.
Or has it?

DoomSlayer

Hold on, this xisimon guy actually said he was under 18 and not a native speaker of the English language? How and what sort of connections can this boy even have?

It sounds way more suspicious than I ever thought.

L1nk

Like you say, he's got the info from somewhere, even if it's been leaked from some news site like BBC or Sky, how is it the information has fallen right into the lap of the one guy that claims to be an ITK and not somebody else, clearly somebody is telling him info, even if its somebody from a reputable news source and not tied to the club, nobody else said anything that day about the Dan James announcement, none of the "ITK's" that is.

RedCurry

People believe what they believe. And I fully believe that there are definitely people of the general public that are in the know. There’s always going to that wife, husband, etc. who would know. I’ve also followed the ITKs on reddit and some here on caf as well. If I spent 5 hours a day assimilating info and predicting the obvious, I could build a bot that would be as accurate. Even a passive United fan could predict that Maguire is high on our list and some educated guess based on our pre-season starting doesn’t make you a genuine ITK.

DoomSlayer

I believe there is a high chance real ITKs exist, but come on - a teenager who isn't even from England? I really thought this xisimon might be reliable but now...

sport2793

I believe there is a high chance real ITKs exist, but come on - a teenager who isn't even from England? I really thought this xisimon might be reliable but now...
Maybe the source is one of his parents...definitely plausible. My point is that I think a lot of people are either overthinking or underthinking the ITK thing. Just look at the track record (what information they share and when they share it) and evaluate based on that.

DoomSlayer

Maybe the source is one of his parents...definitely plausible. My point is that I think a lot of people are either overthinking or underthinking the ITK thing. Just look at the track record (what information they share and when they share it) and evaluate based on that.
Maybe he is just a big troll or WUM, I mean it's just a kid at the end of the day. Probably thinks he is the coolest lad in town and goes with the flow. :lol:

Sterling Archer

Maybe he is just a big troll or WUM, I mean it's just a kid at the end of the day. Probably thinks he is the coolest lad in town and goes with the flow. :lol:
Eek. The jealousy here is strong. Underage and foreign...must really be grinding some gears that he has both more attention on these forums and is closer to the club than most of the salty bahstahds here.

DoomSlayer

Eek. The jealousy here is strong. Underage and foreign...must really be grinding some gears that he has both more attention on these forums and is closer to the club than most of the salty bahstahds here.
Not really, I don't know how you decided that I'm jealous or a salty bastard. I'm not English either so... I guess the social media clout-chasing is in full force in modern society though, shouldn't surprise me anymore but oh well.

Let's hope for our sake that the Maguire deal really gets done in the next 2 days, we really need that to happen.

Sterling Archer

Not really, I don't know how you decided that I'm jealous or a salty bastard. I'm not English either so... I guess the social media clout-chasing is in full force in modern society though, shouldn't surprise me anymore but oh well.

Let's hope for our sake that the Maguire deal really gets done in the next 2 days, we really need that to happen.
Didn't mean to direct that at just you in particular. It's a more generally directed incendiary comment. Saw a spike of comments and disbelief after the point about English being his second language that I find rather disturbing. The rest of it, whatever. But that in particular , albeit subtle in some cases (didn't get that from you , mind) is bothersome.

And yes, agree about Maguire. It would be great to have him and whomever else in time for the second leg of preseason.

United Pro

He said he's not a native speaker so maybe he moved to England a few years back with his source being his parent(s) who works for the club? Idk, but he has got quite a few bits of news early this last year.