Reddit ITKs

0le

His source is The Sun and a bit of common sense
He has tweeted the time that several deals would be announced and got them correct. He does seem to have a source and is the only non-journalist that has demonstrated anything credible. Will be interesting to see whether this information continues or he becomes an aggregator as you suggest.

Allas8

Same way we aren’t in for Longstaff because we have Matic and we have a young talent called James Garner. You’re talking through your hoop.
Theres been some reliable sources linking us to Longstaff, he falls into the category as a exceptional talent, and there is room for both Garner and Longstaff in our starting XI. Anyway Newcastle is not selling, and we are not desperate for a CM, so we are actually not signing Longstaff this summer. We still don't know if Garner is ready for Premier League football next season, we will see during this pre-season, Gomes on the other hand is definitely ready to start playing in the Premier League at this stage.

Ergo we are not signing Bruno Fernandes.

Last edited:

Joseunited

Theres been some reliable sources linking us to Longstaff, he falls into the category as a exceptional talents, and there is room for both Garner and Longstaff in our starting XI. Anyway Newcastle is not selling, and we are not desperate for a CM, so we are actually not signing Longstaff this summer. We still don't know if Garner is ready for Premier League football next season, we will see during this pre-season, Gomes on the other hand is definitely ready to start playing in the Premier League at this stage.
Say what?

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Gomes on the other hand is definitely ready to start playing in the Premier League at this stage.
Whether he is or not, I'm pretty sure he won't be starting games in the league for us this season, at least not regularly.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Pretending you know something when you don’t is making things up.
Why couldn't he know something?
He's been right on the exact time of the James signing. And confirmed AWB before papers had decided that he'd actually signed.
He's the only one of these "ITK" types who has actually not been wrong on anything.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
He's been right on the exact time of the James signing. And confirmed AWB before papers had decided that he'd actually signed.
He's the only one of these "ITK" types who has actually not been wrong on anything.
I think he has a source, but I think he's bullshitting on this one. For whatever reason he hasn't found out this was done, so came up with a bullshit story about wanting to photoshop maquire. Come on :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think he has a source, but I think he's bullshitting on this one. For whatever reason he hasn't found out this was done, so came up with a bullshit story about wanting to photoshop maquire. Come on :lol:
Who really knows?
Let's just be glad this one seems to be nailed.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I’ve just taken a cursory look at his twitter feed and saw that he said we were progressing well with Koubailly, Lingard was on thin ice with solakjaer. He said a swap deal for Sanchez was likely. He claimed that Barcelona signing De Ligt was practically agreed. He said that Bruno Fernandes was likely to be before Maguire.

Edit: I’ve continued to look. He has previously posted fake “leaks” of United's home kit on reddit. He used to moderate a FIFA subreddit designed to make real money called “FIFANOMICS”. He posted last year about Fabinho being on a plane to our camp in LA.

Last edited:

0le

I agree, I think the Simon guy does have a source but does embellish a lot too. If you genuinely had a source at the club it would be low-level so you may only know about one player, maybe two. I remember a tweet he made where he gave updates on several players. It just doesn't happen. No one knows that information except those high up and it will be kept private. The only exception is the club leaking information to highly credible journalists such as Simon Stone. Its strange because he clearly did know something (announcing the timing of the deals) so I'm not sure why he felt the need to embellish further.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I’ve just taken a cursory look at his twitter feed and saw that he said we were progressing well with Koubailly, Lingard was on thin ice with solakjaer. He said a swap deal for Sanchez was likely. He claimed that Barcelona signing De Ligt was practically agreed. He said that Bruno Fernandes was likely to be before Maguire.

He hasn't made many posts on twitter, as most were on reddit. I don't think he ever said about a swap deal for Sanchez at all.

This was his first twitter post

/u/xisimon‏ @u_xisimon May 10

Summer 2019 - Update 1: Lingard on thin ice. Sanchez hard to shift because of his wages. Big summer upcoming. Mostly signings with potential, with a few senior heads. Next season is a transition season. Daniel James. Close. Koulibaly. Making progress.

Who knows if we really were in for Koulibaly??
The rest sounds very plausible, and James happened.

But we'll never really know, so can only be glad it sounds like we've made a big signing.

SteveW

Way too early to conclude they're good enough to give us the balance required on the right. Hopefully Greenwood will get games up front too. I could be wrong, but I think James has mainly played left wing.

You can't state that as fact. Ole tried them out as #10 in either half yesterday, going with a 4231.
True. But we'd have defence and midfield sorted with enough depth and most of our attackers are quite flexible. We'd be fine I reckon

George The Best

He has tweeted the time that several deals would be announced and got them correct. He does seem to have a source and is the only non-journalist that has demonstrated anything credible. Will be interesting to see whether this information continues or he becomes an aggregator as you suggest.
His source could still be a journalist though, and not somebody at the club. The timing of announcements is a possible clue. When a club is about to announce something they obviously have to give the press advance notice, or nobody would be there. This advanced notice is usually embargoed for release immediately after the formal announcement. Same happens in the wider business world on matters such as company acquisitions.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
He hasn't made many posts on twitter, as most were on reddit. I don't think he ever said about a swap deal for Sanchez at all.

This was his first twitter post

/u/xisimon‏ @u_xisimon May 10

Summer 2019 - Update 1: Lingard on thin ice. Sanchez hard to shift because of his wages. Big summer upcoming. Mostly signings with potential, with a few senior heads. Next season is a transition season. Daniel James. Close. Koulibaly. Making progress.

Who knows if we really were in for Koulibaly??
The rest sounds very plausible, and James happened.

But we'll never really know, so can only be glad it sounds like we've made a big signing.
Here’s a post from him last year on Reddit

“Silly season, obviously, but it's kind of a funny coincidence.. A lot of talk about a "secret" signing, Fabinho/Bakayoko rumors pretty silent recently, and then a private jet flies straight behind us.. Probably nothing, still interesting”

0le

His source could still be a journalist though, and not somebody at the club. The timing of announcements is a possible clue. When a club is about to announce something they obviously have to give the press advance notice, or nobody would be there. This advanced notice is usually embargoed for release immediately after the formal announcement. Same happens in the wider business world on matters such as company acquisitions.
Yeah, you could be spot on about the source.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
But tbf to him, apart from:

Saying Sanchez in a swap deal is likely,
Claiming that Fabinho might be on a plane to America,
Saying that Lingard was on thin ice due to him trying to build a brand,
Saying that Barcelona were fully signing de Ligt,
Claiming Maguire would sign after Bruno Fernandes,
Claiming last year on reddit that we were working on a major signing after Fred and Dalot,
Running a FIFA Ultimate team subreddit aimed at manipulating the markets,
Saying we were working on Bale and Alderweireld,
United having a DOF lined up (before the Cardiff game)

He’s hardly got anything wrong.

Snafu17

I think xsimon likely knows a guy working on the official app. So he just follows the news, takes the safe bet and then for the little magic sprinkle on top "reports" the time of the announcement which is the only actual inside info he has.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Claiming last year on reddit that we were working on a major signing after Fred and Dalot,

Where did he say half of those?

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Like I've said earlier, I'll believe him when he's the 1st to report anything. It has been a bit obvious that we'll sign Maguire for the past few weeks, and he said that today after Peach pretty much said that we were well into the negotiations.
If he calls out an out of the blue signing, I'll say he's an ITK, else he's just someone who's using common sense to call out news

RkkMan

Lingard could well be on thin ice not like he's received a bumper contract?
And where did he say all the rest? Unless this is a means to lower his profile

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Where did he say half of those?

Fine. I'll link them.

Here's an extra link where he says he met his 'source' for the leaks on Reddit btw.

Sanchez in a swap deal is likely:
https://www.reddit.com/r/reddevils/comments/bmxzl8/summer_2019_update_1_10th_may_2019/

Fabino on a plane:

Barcelona were close to signing De Ligt and then he was 'available' again.

Maguire would sign after Bruno Fernandes:

Working on a major signing after Fred and Dalot:
Link didn't work.

Simon's Fifanomics subreddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/fifanomics/

Working on Bale and Alderweiweld:
https://i.imgur.com/kW7WHv5.png

United having a DOF before Cardiff, can't find it again and CBA looking for it.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Fine. I'll link them.

Here's an extra link where he says he met his 'source' for the leaks on Reddit btw.

Sanchez in a swap deal is likely:
https://www.reddit.com/r/reddevils/comments/bmxzl8/summer_2019_update_1_10th_may_2019/

Fabino on a plane:

Barcelona were close to signing De Ligt and then he was 'available' again.

Maguire would sign after Bruno Fernandes:

Working on a major signing after Fred and Dalot:
Link didn't work.

Simon's Fifanomics subreddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/fifanomics/

Working on Bale and Alderweiweld:
https://i.imgur.com/kW7WHv5.png

United having a DOF before Cardiff, can't find it again and CBA looking for it.
So while you've panted it as his claims have been black and white what they actually have been

Sanchez - hard to move, swap deal most likely (if he were to move which was proving hard)
Fabinho - can't see that one
De Ligt - clearly Barca were favourites to sign him and then he clearly was available again hence that he went close to signing for PSG and now possibly Juventus
Maguire/Fernandes - he said Fernandes could happen first not that it will

George The Best

As far as I can tell the only thing he’s been spot on with is timing of announcements. See my earlier post with regard to embargoed announcements. The rest is just tittle tattle based on rumours and stories already in the public domain. Several ways he could obtain the announcement timing information:

He’s either a journalist or knows one.
He works in a newsroom.
Has a genuine contact at the club or works there himself.

If the latter that would be incredibly stupid as breaking the terms of an embargo is serious stuff, and I think the club would be all over it.

settembrini

People that doubt xsimon are as nuts as the people that believed spoofex. Literally every time he's said a deal is done (Grant, Fred, Dalot, Wan-Bissaka and James) United have ended up signing that player. He's also been correct about other things like sponsorships and tour details and when all the other reddit ITKs were claiming done deals for De Ligt and other players he correctly called them out as bullshitters.

George The Best

People that doubt xsimon are as nuts as the people that believed spoofex. Literally every time he's said a deal is done (Grant, Fred, Dalot, Wan-Bissaka and James) United have ended up signing that player. He's also been correct about other things like sponsorships and tour details and when all the other reddit ITKs were claiming done deals for De Ligt and other players he correctly called them out as bullshitters.
So how is he getting hold of these ‘leaks’? Genuine question.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
So how is he getting hold of these ‘leaks’? Genuine question.
He must have somebody in marketing that knows once it’s a done deal and they start making up the graphics for the website etc.

Maybe the head of marketing or something. he’s been right with everything he’s said so far so there’s no reason to doubt him. If Maguire doesn’t sign this could be his first slip... we shall see.

RkkMan

So while you've panted it as his claims have been black and white what they actually have been

Sanchez - hard to move, swap deal most likely (if he were to move which was proving hard)
Fabinho - can't see that one
De Ligt - clearly Barca were favourites to sign him and then he clearly was available again hence that he went close to signing for PSG and now possibly Juventus
Maguire/Fernandes - he said Fernandes could happen first not that it will
The amount of downplaying here is ridiculous people have been crying out for a credible ITK and when an actual proven one comes up they look for any means to demonize him:lol:

Allas8

The amount of downplaying here is ridiculous people have been crying out for a credible ITK and when an actual proven one comes up they look for any means to demonize him:lol:
Calling out a bullshiter for spouting bullshit is considered demonizing him? Cult mentality much?

By the way, during the Wan-Bissaka transfer, there was plenty of sources confirming the transfer, but all people on reddit remember is xsimon vs Simon Stone. Hodgson went on the record confirming that Crystal Palace would not stand in the way of a Wan-Bissaka transfer move to Man United, the England U21 coach blamed Wan-Bissaka and his independent transfer move to Man United for the loss against France, and there was plenty of reports of a meeting taking place between Crystal Palace and Man United representatives, we was just waiting for some news to surface from that meeting, and there was plenty of news confirming the deal before it got announced.

The Dan James stuff means nothing, he was already confirmed to have completed his medical, the only trick xsimon pulled here was making people think he knew something, hats of to him for that one.

Eric Bailly and Phil Jones is still being highly rated by our (Man United) coaching staff, and is a part of our plans for next season.

Koulibaly got exposed during the Arsenal game that he can not handle high tempo play, doubt we ever been into him.

Last edited:

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Calling out a bullshiter for spouting bullshit is considered demonizing him? Cult mentality much?

By the way, during the Wan-Bissaka transfer, there was plenty of sources confirming the transfer, but all people on reddit remember is xsimon vs Simon Stone. Hodgson went on the record confirming that Crystal Palace would not stand in the way of a Wan-Bissaka transfer move to Man United, the England U21 coach blamed Wan-Bissaka and his independent transfer move to Man United for the loss against France, and there was plenty of reports of a meeting taking place between Crystal Palace and Man United representatives, we was just waiting for some news to surface from that meeting, and there was plenty of news confirming the deal before it got announced.

The Dan James stuff means nothing, he was already confirmed to have completed his medical, the only trick xsimon pulled here was making people think he knew something, hats of to him for that one.

Eric Bailly and Phil Jones is still being highly rated by our (Man United) coaching staff, and is a part of our plans for next season.

Koulibaly got exposed during the Arsenal game that he can not handle high tempo play, doubt we ever been into him.

For what it's worth, I think this xisimon guy is legit, if he isn't then he's done well fair play to him.

However, if there ever was a true ITK, like 100% legit, people would refuse to believe them and pluck out holes from their stories and call them out as BS'ing

No one is ever happy, Whenever the papers report something it's always oh they know nothing, Must be BS. ITK reports something, oh they knows nothing, must be BS, only getting their information from stories online. Papers report something "Oh the selling club is only using our name to bump up the price" etc etc etc

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
As far as I can tell the only thing he’s been spot on with is timing of announcements. See my earlier post with regard to embargoed announcements. The rest is just tittle tattle based on rumours and stories already in the public domain. Several ways he could obtain the announcement timing information:

He’s either a journalist or knows one.
He works in a newsroom.
Has a genuine contact at the club or works there himself.

If the latter that would be incredibly stupid as breaking the terms of an embargo is serious stuff, and I think the club would be all over it.
I think he recently said he lives in Norway, so I don't think he works for the club or is a journalist. Probably knows someone at the club.

Vissy

If xisimon has an UT subreddit, that sounds really fishy what he's doing with the whole ITK shit. I said before that some of these "ITKs" could well be benefitting financially from their fake news in some way, back then I thought via manipulating betting odds. Is FIFA Ultimate Team a way to do that too? If true that's some grift. Mad respect.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

:lol: what rubbish

Suv666

He is clearly just making things up! How can you all not see this?
He called the AWB transfer 48 hrs before the reliable sources confirmed it. At that time the likes of Simon Stone claimed we werent anywhere near an agreement. He called Fred and Grant last season. Got the time of the James transfer correct. Rarely has got anything wrong. If Bruno signs, I'd say he's as reliable as Di Marzio for United.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
He's certainly put his neck on the line claiming Maguire is a done deal. He'll either be exposed or further proven that he is ITK by the end of the week.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He's certainly put his neck on the line claiming Maguire is a done deal. He'll either be exposed or further proven that he is ITK by the end of the week.
Hes done the same with James and AWB

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He called the AWB transfer 48 hrs before the reliable sources confirmed it. At that time the likes of Simon Stone claimed we werent anywhere near an agreement. He called Fred and Grant last season. Got the time of the James transfer correct. Rarely has got anything wrong. If Bruno signs, I'd say he's as reliable as Di Marzio for United.
Di Marzio barely speaks about us anymore, Stone and Peach are the most reliable United journalists.