g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Ref kicks out at player

Bojan11

Just seen this in the PSG game. WTF from the ref :lol:

The trip by the player was accidental.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Game will have to be replayed...

(:lol:)

PoTMS

Looks like Zlatan was right. Will they have to replay the game? This all happened in the 90th minute with PSG one up.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
There was something going on between the ref and that player, I'm not sure what it was but that ref needs to be fired. No ban, just straight up dismissed. You're supposed to be the arbiter of proper conduct in the game, not a dissident.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
The ref says he slipped :lol:
He gave the 2nd yellow because the Nantes player complained about the kick.

We'll see if the referee can be held accountable. It's supposed to be his last year, it may be time for an early retirement.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
The ref says he slipped :lol:
He gave the 2nd yellow because the Nantes player complained about the kick.

We'll see if the referee can be held accountable. It's supposed to be his last year, it may be time for an early retirement.
If that's the case theyll put him on leave till the end of the season with pay. Maybe any bonuses and all that will be void.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Surely the game will have to be replayed.
I doubt that, this happened at the end of the game, in a heated moment. I'd be surprised if they run it back but we'll see.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
HAS a ref ever sent himself off? If there was ever such a time this was it... the refs report would be epic

Nick7

I doubt that, this happened at the end of the game, in a heated moment. I'd be surprised if they run it back but we'll see.
A kick out and a second yellow for an accidental clash surely means the ref was not fit to judge match. An unfit referee should mean a void result.

Johnny Love

Lolol absolutely surreal. Surely he will be punished, man that was dumb.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
A kick out and a second yellow for an accidental clash surely means the ref was not fit to judge match. An unfit referee should mean a void result.
We'll see if that's how they decide to interpret it. Leagues are usually very protective of their refs, but this is a case of never-seen-before as far as I can remember, someone correct me on this. It'll be interesting to see what the response is over the next few days.

Bojan11

We'll see if that's how they decide to interpret it. Leagues are usually very protective of their refs, but this is a case of never-seen-before as far as I can remember, someone correct me on this. It'll be interesting to see what the response is over the next few days.
The player will get a extra ban for his little shove at the ref, which was silly too. That’s what will happen and the ref if he is retiring will be put on early retirement.

Ainu

That's one of the weirdest things I've ever seen at this level. Surely they have to rescind the red card. Doesn't matter if it's according to protocol, this is an exceptional situation that deserves exceptional ruling. As for the referee, I can't see any other option than suspending him indefinitely from this competition. What on earth was he thinking?

Giggs86

HAS a ref ever sent himself off? If there was ever such a time this was it... the refs report would be epic
I think in a case like this it's the 4th official's job to send off the ref and take over the game himself.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
I think in a case like this it's the 4th official's job to send off the ref and take over the game himself.
It’s the captain is crazy, the president is a nazi situation, so beloved of Hollywood; “sir, I am very sorry Sir, but... I must relieve of your duties, as myself and the first mate deem you incapable of leading us”.

Castia

He’s lost his job surely after that fecking hell.

I’d be wanting a replay too if I was a member of that team.