g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Ref kicks out at player

PoTMS

To all those who want to ban him for life: I don't think an - albeit monumentally stupid - error induced by a heated moment (in this case, the referee felt he was being attacked) should ever have such drastic consequences to someone's life. Suspend him for 3 weeks, make him apologise. That should be enough.
Put it this way. If your child’s teacher - through a momentary lapse of judgement - decided to lash out at your child, do you think he’d be allowed to teach again. He deserves it.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Diego Carlos, the player sent off has been cleared of his second yellow and the referee Tony Chapron's disciplinary case will be examined on thursday.

RU Devil

Diego Carlos, the player sent off has been cleared of his second yellow and the referee Tony Chapron's disciplinary case will be examined on thursday.
Quite right. Unless there was some on-going tete-a-tete between the two in the game, no reason to issue a YC. Just an innocent coming together, but the ref lost it. Almost understand the kick out, but the YC just amplified matters.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Leave it to French referees to constantly lower the bar. I say that as a French person.

Put it this way. If your child’s teacher - through a momentary lapse of judgement - decided to lash out at your child, do you think he’d be allowed to teach again. He deserves it.
Maybe not now, but I remember growing up a teacher slapped me and no one batted an eye. Now, I probably deserved it since I was a real pain in the ass to manage as a kid but still...

Vilev

That guy, the ref, is lucky as well. Many would not know that but after that stuff he gave PSG a rather dangerous direct free kick, which he had no right to award according to the laws of the game. So he made a technical mistake on top of all that buffoonery as well.
Now PSG did not score from it and it was "scorable". And then after the ball hit the wall Alves kicked it back into the area, where Rabiot got it and he hit the post from a scoring position. Had PSG scored there, now that would be a complete disaster and actually real grounds for awarding a replay.
That ref is a real disaster. I can understand people who are calling to go easy on him, saying that everybody can lose one's head etc, but honestly, the guy basically invented his own rules during the game.

Rafateria

These are overpaid prima donnas who cheat and con their way through matches. Absolutely referees should be permitted to permitted to take corporal action against them and send them off if they retaliate in any way ! Refs should also be issued with tasers and batons.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It's just so that he can retire in peace now. This was his last season as a ref. Fairly fecking sure it wouldn't be the same if his career wasn't ending.