Referee today

stubie

Drogba has just phoned me to let me know "It's a fecking disgrace!"

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Disgusting.

It saddens me that the general standard of refereeing nowadays seems to be so unbelievably poor that we have to have this sort of tripe affecting big games every season.

Varanes tackle on Evra was a red. Ramos elbowing Evans not penalised - yet RVP and Valencia both get booked for far less, both amusing ON Ramos, who is known for being a diving primadonna.

The corner? Dont get me started. Blowing for FT before the MINIMUM time has been reached, when a team has a corner.

When does it end? When do teams get some sort of ability to legitimately question these sorts of performances the same way that it is a) for the players. b) for the managers. c) in every other sport. Without just being fined and labelled as a knob?

Refs should be held accountable for their decisions. We arent talking about a 50/50 like both the goals questionably going out of play before they were scored, that can be an honest mistake. We are talking about nonsensical shit like the above. If Varane hasnt fouled Evra then it must be a dive. One or the other. You cant just give neither.

For a ref to show such blatant apathy in a game is just sad.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Awful refereeing performance. Not at fault for the result in any way obviously (although how Varane got away with that tackle on Evra is beyond me), but he was still awful all game. Gave RVP nothing, numerous times that Madrid held him back. Gave him a yellow for a Ramos dive as well.
That corner at the end though. What the feck was that. It's like he was just doing that to piss us off. fecking prick. You could just tell he wanted to ruin the game.

Hope we have a competent ref in the second leg who isn't determined to make himself the center of attention.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I thought there was going to be debate as to whether it should have been a red or yellow card for the foul on Evra...but to not even give a foul???

That was ridiculous, Evra was clear, had the ball and the guy has just taken him down.

Might not have been close enough to goal to be a red, but was at least a foul!!

Just bottled it, and booked anyone who challenged that nonce with the lovely hair.

Cevno

Can we bring Howard Webb as ref for the return leg? Sounds fair to me.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The RVP yellow card :wenger: So early in the game and for absolutely nothing.How the hell could he possibly justify it ? It's not like the players were tense or anything

SuecoGitano

the 0-1 came from a corner that shouldnt have been
Varane should have got a booking
Ramos should have got a booking
RVP had another hand ball...although I would say first card was a bit harsh
Arbeloa should have got a booking

Ringo 07

I'm telling you now...The ref not giving that last corner is absolute evidence of corruption with refs in football. It's unheard of for a ref to do that....he has been promised big pay days by the real madrid mafia for giving decisions for the home team...it's a disgrace...he also ignored evra getting pulled down when he was clean through.....in the same way that cycling hid its doping for so long....i think one day the whole ref controversy will come out!
Madrid are under major financial pressure to win this game as they are screwed in the league so they need to progress to pay their giant wages and it all just makes you wonder!

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
The RVP yellow card :wenger: So early in the game and for absolutely nothing.How the hell could he possibly justify it ? It's not like the players were tense or anything
Simple. Pressure from the crowd and the Madrid players, and the knob that is Ramos rolling around like he had been hit by artillery.

It set the tone for the rest of the game.

Phil

Bit of perspective guys, that was 0 in 100 times a foul on Di Maria.

Man-United

Why Webb? The same one who nearly fecked up our title chances against Chelsea at home in 2011?

Ainu

I'm telling you now...The ref not giving that last corner is absolute evidence of corruption with refs in football. It's unheard of for a ref to do that....he has been promised big pay days by the real madrid mafia for giving decisions for the home team...it's a disgrace...he also ignored evra getting pulled down when he was clean through.....in the same way that cycling hid its doping for so long....i think one day the whole ref controversy will come out!
Madrid are under major financial pressure to win this game as they are screwed in the league so they need to progress to pay their giant wages and it all just makes you wonder!
:eek:

Nice RAWK impression there. I'll give it a 7.5/10.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He got big decisions completely wrong, that just cant happen on that level. Evra through, Ramos incident, no corner at the end

Shimo

First should have given Arbeloa a yellow as well when he brought down Evra who could have been away. I texted a friend at half time saying we were riding our luck a bit but, this ref - he's got it in for us. No proper ref would have fallen for Ramos theatrics - RVP was no where near his face.

Ainu

He got big decisions completely wrong, that just cant happen on that level. Evra through, Ramos incident, no corner at the end
And that's not even a big decision, you actually have to go out of your way to muck that up. Which he did, spectacularly. Wow.

King_Eric

It was a ridiculous performance.

Varane should have been sent off, Ramos should have been sent off, and as if he wanted to clear any remaining doubts about whose side he was on, he had to blow the whistle before the end of stoppage time, just because we had a corner. Absolutely ridiculous.

Rob Bowman

Besides all the obvious mentions how did he not call a foul much less a card when Evra was breaking towards goal and got tripped... :wenger:!!

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
How the feck Arbeloa went 93 mins with no booking is the biggest fecking mystery of all time. Foul, foul, foul fecking foul.

Absolute twat of a ref who'd never have blown if it was in the middle of a Real corner.

MUFCgal

Ref was awful - he fell for Ramos' tricks in getting our players booked, didn't give us a freekick for Evra's foul, and Varane should have been either booked or sent off. Also that non-corner at the end was just ridiculous, I couldn't believe it.

JazzG

Resident Arse.
He let both teams off on big calls. Jones fouled Di Maria in the first half and should of been a penalty & Varane should of been off too. Your first goal shouldn't of stood as it shouldn't of been a corner and in the lead up to their goal I'm sure Ozil took the ball out of play so you should of had a throw in.

So for the big calls both got shafted

Suedesi

He let both teams off on big calls. Jones fouled Di Maria in the first half and should of been a penalty & Varane should of been off too. Your first goal shouldn't of stood as it shouldn't of been a corner and in the lead up to their goal I'm sure Ozil took the ball out of play so you should of had a throw in.

So for the big calls both got shafted
I don't think it was a penalty, and I don't think it was a red card for Varane. Maybe a foul and yellow.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Twat.

Red card. Missed for Real. Check.

Yellow card for Man Utd at every opportunity. Check.

Deny United a corner with 10 secs left. Check.

Foul for every Real dive. Check.

Twat.