Republic Of Ireland Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick7

Fecking hell lads. Could see us dropping this now after playing so well for 70 minutes.

kidbob

Jesus completely out of nowhere. First 3 shots of the game and 2 goals all in 3 minutes.

Robbie Boy

He's been reintroduced into the team recently, think it was something to do with wanting a transfer away, or some possible transfer related stuff.
Not overly sure exactly what though.
Ok cheers. He was brilliant for them last season. Always been question marks around his mentality, though.

kidbob

Thank feck for that. Would have been an absolute pain to not win this game after dominating except for that terrible 5 minutes.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I know some people disregard the nation's league, but they certainly have a better intensity about the games than normal friendlies.
Case in point tonight!

kidbob

Eventually the results will get better I think because the performances have mostly been really solid the last few games.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Hourihan and Hendrick should not be selected again, both very poor.
Hourihan had a few useful moments but what a ridiculous pass to give away a goal change; Hendrick was pretty good, I thought if a little sluggish.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Pity about the U21’s. Did well to hold out into extra time but poor penalties

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I was at the game. Mental ending and we got out of jail.

Some observations.

Parrot gave us nothing. Not ready for international football.
Hendrick was half a yard off the pace
Obafemi while he got a very good goal was isolated most of the game.

We are playing some decent ball but lack a cutting edge.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes

Evan Ferguson > Haaland.

Would love to see him given a chance in the senior team against Norway next month, considering there's nothing riding on it.

Bojan Djordjic

Evan Ferguson > Haaland.

Would love to see him given a chance in the senior team against Norway next month, considering there's nothing riding on it.
Think it's still too early for him. He's a big lad but he's still finding his feet for the International 21s and is no way dominating at that level. Have lots of hope for this guy and wouldn't want to damage his confidence too early.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Is there any way Kenny can survive this draw? For me yes, but I don't imagine the general patience will survive a few pastings.

Or will the obvious underdog role play well for us?

Nick7

Is there any way Kenny can survive this draw? For me yes, but I don't imagine the general patience will survive a few pastings.

Or will the obvious underdog role play well for us?
Unfortunately I think not. I’ve been enjoying us under Kenny, first time really being excited by Ireland in a long time. Our squad is a bit shit, but we’ve got some good young players that I’ve enjoyed watching coming through. Think this may be a bridge too far though, no chance we get through the bridge and possible that a couple of pastings by the big teams will damage morale and lead to Kenny’s exit.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
How many starting elevens could France field that would comfortably beat the strongest Irish starting eleven currently?

This is a discussion currently being had at work, guesses vary from five to fifteen.

Status
Not open for further replies.