Republic Of Ireland Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brophs

The One and Only
Parrott's chance was huge. Can't be too downbeat after that, though. Both teams played well and we have the makings of something here. Desperately need to happen upon a striker, though.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Parrott's chance was huge. Can't be too downbeat after that, though. Both teams played well and we have the makings of something here. Desperately need to happen upon a striker, though.
Obafemi played really well. Not sure he’ll be very prolific any time soon but I’m still hopeful on or other from him and Parrot could be the real deal. They’re both still very young.

Dread Devil

Enjoyed the football tonight…the Parrott chance was huge and would have changed the game completely.

I was surprised Obafemi was taken off instead of Parrrott honestly.

Matt Doherty had a good chance to square to Obafemi rather than shooting..

I felt there was a lot of promising team play and togetherness in defence and attack to build on.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Again, loads to enjoy there. Great spirit, organisation and clear intent in how they want to play. Still not getting the breaks but so easy to get behind this side.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Obafemi is a talent but his unwillingness to move beyond walking pace off the ball was infuriating. He makes Ronaldo look like an enthusiastic presser. Ogbene definitely offers more.

Also only just noticed tonight that Nathan Collins, in addition to being the thinking man's Beckenbauer, is a conspicuously good looking guy. Resembles Chris Hemsworth. Yet another reason for United to rue not signing him.
I remember many of the board not enamoured with the idea because he was a Fletcher recommendation. Looks like he has an eye for it, Collins is great and going to get better

Gee Male

All eggs in the Ferguson basket

Brophs

The One and Only
Obafemi played really well. Not sure he’ll be very prolific any time soon but I’m still hopeful on or other from him and Parrot could be the real deal. They’re both still very young.
I like Parrott. He works hard and is technically very good. He doesn’t look like he’ll score goals, though. Is he just going to be Shane Long with a lovely touch? Obafemi looks decent as well but I suspect this sort of level will be his ceiling and I suspect there’ll be more smoke than fire where goals are concerned.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
I like Parrott. He works hard and is technically very good. He doesn’t look like he’ll score goals, though. Is he just going to be Shane Long with a lovely touch? Obafemi looks decent as well but I suspect this sort of level will be his ceiling and I suspect there’ll be more smoke than fire where goals are concerned.
I like him too and would love it to happen for him. Can't help feeling this is a big season for him, coming off a successful loan and great Summer international break. 9 games or whatever without a goal for Preston and blowing a massive chance last night, can't be good news for him. He's clever and neat but doesn't make things happen the way Obafemi or Ogbene do. If he's not offering a goal threat, it'll be hard to justify his inclusion much longer.

Withnail

I like him too and would love it to happen for him. Can't help feeling this is a big season for him, coming off a successful loan and great Summer international break. 9 games or whatever without a goal for Preston and blowing a massive chance last night, can't be good news for him. He's clever and neat but doesn't make things happen the way Obafemi or Ogbene do. If he's not offering a goal threat, it'll be hard to justify his inclusion much longer.
He did very well for the offside goal. If he times his run sightly better, are we even having this conversation?

On the wider point, he's still only 20. We'll need to give him another 3/4 years to find out if he's going to be a proper goalscorer.

Brophs

The One and Only
He did very well for the offside goal. If he times his run sightly better, are we even having this conversation?

On the wider point, he's still only 20. We'll need to give him another 3/4 years to find out if he's going to be a proper goalscorer.
I don’t think one goal against Scotland should change the conversation, tbh. He has plenty of time and I really hope if works out for him, but his career so far doesn’t really suggest a guy who’s going to knock them in at a high level. Maybe that’s down to bad loans, maybe not. 10 goals, all in League One, in 70 odd league games, across four loan spells, is data, even if we don’t like what it says. It’s just whether you take the view that the numbers don’t tell the whole story, together with his age being what it is.

Pirlo'sBeard

No idea why the ref didn't send Molumby off. He was clearly going for the card.

Great strike from Obafemi. Looking sharp.

Nick7

A decent creative midfielder would open our team up a lot more. Just missing that little bit of quality in spaces in front of the box.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Any idea why he's out of the Swansea side? Done great last season.
He's been reintroduced into the team recently, think it was something to do with wanting a transfer away, or some possible transfer related stuff.
Not overly sure exactly what though.

Status
Not open for further replies.