Reserves Vs Blackburn (away)

TheMancRedDevil

He seems to lack positivity in his play at times, something noticeably Bebe didn't in his appearances so far.
This is along the lines of something Laurent Blanc mentioned at the time we signed him.

"He has the potential, but he must overcome psychological and mental challenges so he can express his true value." - Laurent Blanc on Obertan.

Pretty much sums him up I think. It's a pity we couldn't bottle some of Ronaldo's confidence and self-belief and give him a swig!

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
So am I the only one who thought his attitude on Monday was encouraging? He was asked to do a job he's obviously not cut out for, he got little help from his team mates, yet he kept his back straight and his chin up. IM humble O.

oskarutd

So am I the only one who thought his attitude on Monday was encouraging? He was asked to do a job he's obviously not cut out for, he got little help from his team mates, yet he kept his back straight and his chin up. IM humble O.
agree.

datura

I wasn't criticising his workrate or attitude towards the game, it's far better than Macheda's at this level, just disappointed with the actual performance.

By all accounts he's a popular player and a very good personality to have around.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Cheers, Reverend.

I wasn't criticising his workrate or attitude towards the game, it's far better than Macheda's at this level, just disappointed with the actual performance.

By all accounts he's a popular player and a very good personality to have around.
Yeah, he didn't exactly set Leigh Sports Village on fire with his performance but then it was a case of square peg/round hole and I'm sure he's a better player for it.

Btw, what is Vermijl's preferred position? Right back?

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yeah, he didn't exactly set Leigh Sports Village on fire with his performance but then it was a case of square peg/round hole and I'm sure he's a better player for it.

Btw, what is Vermijl's preferred position? Right back?
I think so.

I like the look of him. If I was the poster named Scholesy I'd be delighted at how good his technique and first touch was in that game, seeing as it's unlikely to get any better.

Re: Obertan, I felt a bit sorry for him. Not only was he playing in an unfamiliar position he seemed to be having one of those really shitty days that comes along once in a while in football when absolutely nothing comes off for you. He was making a bollox of the simplest passes and it was entirely predictable when he made such a hash of being clean through on goal near the end. All that was missing was a foul throw or accidentally standing on the ball. I don't think we need be too concerned, nor do I think it was rustiness after being injured (because he played a lot better against Bolton). Just one of those things. A real shame he has to wait so long to get it out of his system :(

datura

Vermijl looks to be right footed as well so you'd imagine he'd favour playing right back. His movement was exceptionally good and seemed to have a nice touch/vision. He also looked a little frail so we probably won't see the best of him until he learns to cope with the more physical side of the game.