Reserves Vs Newcastle (H) - 16th Dec 2010

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
First reserves match tonight in quite a long time. 7pm KO and it is on MUTV.
At last:)

Looking forward to this. who can we expect to see turn out? Eikrem, Bebe,Obertan,Pogba, Morrison?

MPTutd

I would think that Bebe, Pogba, Morrison, Keane and Eikrem would be involved. I doubt Obertan will as he is on the fringes on the first team with Valencia out and Park about to go away for a while on international duty.

prateik

no game for nearly a month after this as well, isnt it?
A lot of the reserve players are out on loan
It'll probably be a few players from the academy and maybe even some from the fringes (is gibbo back in training?)

Eirik Raude

- Are you going to play tomorrow? Solskjaer asked when Fabio showed up at the reception at Carrington.

- Me? The Brazilian did not know what to answer.

- Okay, I'll check with the boss.

- It's afternoon and I have no idea who will play. It's just a part of this job, Solskjaer told united.no.

datura

Obertan, Bebe and Macheda could do with some game time. I wouldn't be surprised to see them as the front 3.

It's been snowing in Manchester today, hopefully it's not so heavy at Alty and there will be no issues with the pitch.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Reserves XI vs Newcastle: Amos, M Keane, Blackett, R. Brown, Dudgeon, Vermijl, Norwood, Tunnicliffe, Eikrem, Morrison, W. Keane #mufc
twitter.com/ManUnitedYouth

MPTutd

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has named his final Reserves squad, to face Newcastle United at Moss Lane this evening: Amos, Michael Keane, Tyler Blackett, Reece Brown, Dudgeon, Vermijl, Norwood, Tunnicliffe, Will Keane, Eikrem, Morrison. Subs: McGinty, Coll, Lingard, Cofie, Van Velson. Tickets are available on the gate, priced at £5 for adults and £2 for concessions, while season ticket holders can gain free entry. MUTV's exclusive live coverage begins at 18:30 GMT, half an hour before kick-off.

datura

With Rooney back and Owen in training you wouldn't think Macheda would be a risk, and Bebe is down the pecking order too and needs the games.

Interesting selection though, first reserve appearance for Blackett and possibly Coll and Van Velzen too.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Solskjaer's managerial record for United Reserves (before tonight's final game): P67 W42 D16 L9
NickCoppack's twitter

Legend :(

AVARiCE

It's been a while since I saw Eikrem play and I've forgotten how excellent he is. Has he had a loan move yet?

datura

It's been a while since I saw Eikrem play and I've forgotten how excellent he is. Has he had a loan move yet?
No, he said there were offers earlier in the season but no guarantees of regular football and was on the first team fringes so didn't go out. He said he quite fancies a foreign loan move in the new year so we'll see, it would be good for his development.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
That's as bad a penalty as you can take when hitting the target. Put it wider if you're gonna use so little power or shoot it harder at least when putting it there. An awful penalty in the schoolyard.

lysglimt

Scout
Who missed the penalty ? I missed the first 5-6 mintues of the second half

AVARiCE

Fitting game and performance to see Ole off. Almost as if he's leaving us and the team's proven just how good a side he's left for us to progress with. 20LEGEND.