Ricardo Quaresma hit out at manager Frank Rijkaard

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeeta

Yet another rambling idiot
Portuguese winger Ricardo Quaresma hit out at manager Frank Rijkaard regarding his lack of playing time during an interview with Catalunya Radio.

"I have not gotten the opportunities nor do I have the confidence of the manager," he said.

Quaresma has admitted that he is not used to sitting on the bench and says that this situation is both "new and difficult" to come to grips with.

"At Sporting Lisbon I was always given a free role and I was brought to Barca under the pretences that I would be allowed to play the same way," he added.

"At Barca, I always play glued to the wing and can never get out of this role. Furthermore, playing 15 or 20 minutes a game will not help me adjust to this role," said Quaresma.

The speedy winger says that the only reason he is staying at Barca is because "Sandro Rossel, Txiki Beguiristain (club officials) and even club president Joan Laporta have asked me to stay," he said.

Since joining Barca this past summer Quaresma has failed to make a serious impact and is likely to be dropped from the Portuguese National team ahead of Euro 2004, unless his playing time increases.

Status
Not open for further replies.