Richarlison | Tottenham watch

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
My type of attacker
This guy is going to be a top top player and well done Everton (can't believe I am saying this) for signing him so cheaply.

The thing I like the most is that he is not scared of anyone and is totally confident in his ability to run at and beat whoever tries to stop him.

He is an instinctive player and defenders are in for a nightmare when he plays against them.
Absolute QUALITY (bloody Everton).

A good post would be - who would you rather have. Martial or Richarlison.

E-mal

This guy is going to be a top top player and well done Everton (can't believe I am saying this) for signing him so cheaply.

The thing I like the most is that he is not scared of anyone and is totally confident in his ability to run at and beat whoever tries to stop him.

He is an instinctive player and defenders are in for a nightmare when he plays against them.

Both.
A front three of Martial, Richarlison and Rashford if properly choached will be difficult to stop.

E-mal

Has some shade of Suarez about him, in terms of resilience and finshing ability

Dante

Average bang
Mourinho would probably start Richarlison on the right then slowly convert him to a workhorse.
He already is a workhorse.

What I like most about Richarlison is that he plays the game at 100mph. So do Sanchez and Rashford, to be fair. But the rest of the squad can be quite pedestrian on the ball. I think that's at the heart of our issues over the last few years.

Adding another direct attacker in the side would be helpful.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa

Id rather have both on opposite flanks.....

Bojan11

Wasn’t he crying when Garcia was taking him off last season? He won’t last long under Mourinho here. Another coach maybe. But I’d like to see what he does over a whole season rather than half a season.

Devil may care

Striker. He’s played there the last few games. Silva admitted he’s still adapting to that position, although he seems to be learning pretty quick!
Did he score both the goals while playing as the #9? Just I thought he looked better against us when he moved to the LW, but as Silva said he is learning the position at the moment, guess he's not sold on Calvert-Lewin or Tosun.

CA1

I said when I saw him a few times for Watford that he could end up a striker.

Shows what a genius I am to be honest.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
If I recall correctly, during an interview a while ago he actually said he liked Borussia Dortmund. Thought that was unusual to hear from a Brazilian.

Looks brilliant. Taken to the PL like a duck to water, brilliant flair while having that tough South American mentality, all at the age of 20. When Hughes put him through yesterday you just knew he would stick it away, he already has that confidence about his game, while being so young. He'll be off to one of the top 6 in the summer.
I am being proven kinda right!

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Can’t lie, thought he was a flash in the pan when he had his first spell of form at Watford, but he looks the real deal. I think it’s harder to tell with his type of Brazilian/South American forward, as he looked as much a scrapper as he was pure flair. Wasn’t sure he had the required natural ability to be a real great. Similar to how it took a while to get that Firmino was the real deal.

With the shortage of strikers in the market, very keen to keep an eye on him. If we can send Lukaku back to them and get him at the same time, would be great!

haram

How fickle you guys are. You wouldn’t have swapped him for Lukaku at the end of last season would you?

He’s played 5 games for a team that our current striker has dominated in before. Speak about it at the end of the season at the very least.

Rajma

How fickle you guys are. You wouldn’t have swapped him for Lukaku at the end of last season would you?

He’s played 5 games for a team that our current striker has dominated in before. Speak about it at the end of the season at the very least.
Don’t generalise please, I would have taken him in place of Lukaku but to be perfectly honest that doesn’t say much given my opinion on Lukaku.

Richarlison is a good player with a clear talent, however, he seems to be a confidence player too and those really struggle under our current leadership and setup.

the_irish123

The thing is, we have Rashford and Martial who play very similar to him. If we fielded them 3 in a game, they all want to stretch the defense and none want to create for others, which is a tough style to win games against packed buses. They are all very talented so you may as well win, but most top teams have a better balance between a pivot, a 'stretcher' and a facilitator.

Sterling Archer

Fergie type signing, if we went for him.
I really do feel that we've missed quite a few brilliant signings since Sir Alex left because our leadership hierarchy has been so bent on galacticos.

Both.
A front three of Martial, Richarlison and Rashford if properly choached will be difficult to stop.
Meeting potential is something that's not as simple as having a good coach. It's a confluence of factors and timing, including the type of players around them. Having Pogba and Lingard practicing handshakes at training is probably a very different incubator than one with Roy Keane trying to rip your head off for a lost ball in a warm up.

Devil may care

Just saw his two goals from yesterday, both were class finishes, one to monitor, esepcially if he fully adapts to being a striker.

The thing is, we have Rashford and Martial who play very similar to him. If we fielded them 3 in a game, they all want to stretch the defense and none want to create for others, which is a tough style to win games against packed buses. They are all very talented so you may as well win, but most top teams have a better balance between a pivot, a 'stretcher' and a facilitator.
This can be solved if we had an extra creator in the midfield 3, like when Mata was in there with Pogba but only someone with more speed and strength, I mean when you look at City all the creation comes from behind with the two Silva's or one of them and De Bruyne behind a front 3 that is mostly about pace with the ball or running off it in the case of Aguero.

Bola

This may have already been mentioned, but the media where ripping into Everton at the start of the season for blowing 50m on an unproven youngster.

Everton are proving them wrong and this lad is proving to be the signing of the season in the Prem (although Brookes is looking a good buy for Bournemouth). It will be interesting to see where he ends up playing, he's done well as the central striker and on the flanks as an inside forward. Versatility is important in the modern game.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Might be controversial but I think he's a better fit for Everton than Lukaku was. Yes Lukaku was getting the goals but their tactics were solely based around feeding him with chance after chance. Even then he was going through big donkey spells and it was clear to see how reliant they were on him to find some form in order to get results. Overall I'd say Richarlison is comfortably the better team player. Even if his goals might dry up he'll be putting in a shift for the team rather than standing there lethargically and pointing towards his feet every time the ball is played half a metre either side of him.

Bwuk

Might be controversial but I think he's a better fit for Everton than Lukaku was. Yes Lukaku was getting the goals but their tactics were solely based around feeding him with chance after chance. Even then he was going through big donkey spells and it was clear to see how reliant they were on him to find some form in order to get results. Overall I'd say Richarlison is comfortably the better team player. Even if his goals might dry up he'll be putting in a shift for the team rather than standing there lethargically and pointing towards his feet every time the ball is played half a metre either side of him.
Agreed. I'd rather Richarlison at United than Lukaku.

ROFLUTION

He's very mobile and fast, that's for sure. He goes almost everywhere on the pitch to pick up the ball - It's a good match to leave more space for Sigurdsson.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Why do we constantly talk about signing players after they make a big money move. First it was Maguire and now Richarlison. We should be the team that signs them early, not Everton and Leicester. Nevermind a player like Richarlison who would now cost way more than the 50m Everton paid for him. How about looking for players who haven't made that big money move yet? Players who we can see have a load of potential to make a name for themself at United so we don't blow our transfer budget on one or two players...

the_irish123

We should sign Watford's scouting team then. Yesterday they had a 19 year old who was bomb, and they looked like a better team than big spending Everton. They signed another kid from Fluminense (Richarlison's club) too, I like Pereyra. They just gotta figure out a better partner for Deeney.

Anyways, I wish we could identify the prospects like Watford instead of being the guys who make them a huge profit. In this regards, Everton is even worse than us.