Richarlison | Tottenham watch

marktan

I don't think that should be a red at all, don't know if it's the rules but it's stupid. It's not a headbutt it's two guys squaring up to each other, that's it.

Jcrossley94

I don't think that should be a red at all, don't know if it's the rules but it's stupid. It's not a headbutt it's two guys squaring up to each other, that's it.
It’s two guys squaring up to each other until Richarlison flicks his head.

I don’t understand why you conveniently leave that part out?

He’s not been red carded for squaring up to someone.He’s been red carded for attempting to strike another player. In the eyes of the law it’s a red card.

Camilo

It’s two guys squaring up to each other until Richarlison flicks his head.

I don’t understand why you conveniently leave that part out?

He’s not been red carded for squaring up to someone.He’s been red carded for attempting to strike another player. In the eyes of the law it’s a red card.
I think that's the point. He flicks his head - who cares. It's a nothing movement, it means nothing. "He flicked his head at mine officer". "feck off and stop wasting our time son".

Jcrossley94

I think that's the point. He flicks his head - who cares. It's a nothing movement, it means nothing. "He flicked his head at mine officer". "feck off and stop wasting our time son".
It’s a movement of his head towards an opponents in front of the referees face. Not a police officer. And for the record I think there’s a strong chance a police officer would have something to say to you if he saw that on the street.

I don’t disagree that the act itself is silly and unlikely to cause much harm.

But that doesn’t mean that it isn’t a red card. The fact is he moved his head into his opponents With intent.

Jcrossley94

Question.

Does anyone who thinks this isn’t a red card think that it will get overturned on appeal?

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
How can you say it’s a non incident when you were literally two posts ago arguing it was 50/50?? Talk about either changing your tune or being a hypocrite.

It’s not about being soft or harsh.

Smith has targeted a player he knows will react violently... they’ve squared up and Smith got the reaction he wanted - the headbutt.

And for you to call it laughable is fine... I don’t disagree, he hardly touches him, but he tries to. And that’s what’s important.

The laws of the game clearly state that a red card should be awarded for a “strike or an attempted strike”
It can be 50/50 and a none incident, have you ever heard the phrase six of one, half a dozen of the other? It should have been a none incident, two players square up, one pushes forward which I'm sorry but its not an attempted strike if you watch it. Then the ref gives a joke red card, its embarrassing for everyone involved.
Smith knew exactly what he was doing which is why I said in my first post Bournemouth have a history of this kind of thing.
If you say Smith doesn't try to touch Richarlison then you're dead wrong though.

Jcrossley94

It can be 50/50 and a none incident, have you ever heard the phrase six of one, half a dozen of the other? It should have been a none incident, two players square up, one pushes forward which I'm sorry but its not an attempted strike if you watch it. Then the ref gives a joke red card, its embarrassing for everyone involved.
Smith knew exactly what he was doing which is why I said in my first post Bournemouth have a history of this kind of thing.
If you say Smith doesn't try to touch Richarlison then you're dead wrong though.
Do you think Everton will appeal? And if they do, do you think it will get overturned?

Dec9003

I think it’s discretionary... do you think they would overturn the decision?
I don't really know, because for everyone who is like me and thinks it shouldn't be a red card, there are plenty of others who think it would, so it just depends on the opinions of whoever deals with the appeals. They could even just stick up for the ref because they get a lot of stick as it is.

Jcrossley94

I don't really know, because for everyone who is like me and thinks it shouldn't be a red card, there are plenty of others who think it would, so it just depends on the opinions of whoever deals with the appeals. They could even just stick up for the ref because they get a lot of stick as it is.
That sounds to me like an agreement to disagree :smirk:

Tarrou

The changing nature of football, relatively obvious, but then I'm sure you already knew that.

The days of Sparky etc and "real" men have gone, in my eyes the glory days of football has followed them out the door.

Ref red, never a red, ref needs to have a word and Richarlison needs a couple of days community service with the local kids etc as a result.
It wasn't that obvious to me, because the matter of it being a red card or not was the discussion. Some people pointing out that the rules state it's a red. So to say those people "have horrible opinions" and call them rats when just relating info about the game was the confusing part.

The current state of the game today is a different discussion, and I don't think anyone is arguing that the incident wasn't ridiculous in its nature. Most if not all hate seeing shit like that and I know I do. That doesn't mean the ref made a bad decision though, he's just doing his job.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It wasn't that obvious to me, because the matter of it being a red card or not was the discussion. Some people pointing out that the rules state it's a red. So to say those people "have horrible opinions" and call them rats when just relating info about the game was the confusing part.

The current state of the game today is a different discussion, and I don't think anyone is arguing that the incident wasn't ridiculous in its nature. Most if not all hate seeing shit like that and I know I do. That doesn't mean the ref made a bad decision though, he's just doing his job.
Drogba got a red card with the softest slap/flick I've seen. It was in CL Final.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Always a red card. Perhaps it shouldn't be but it is. It's like a yellow card for undressing on the pitch, everyone knows it's a booking but the morons still do it.

He's a fecking idiot.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I really hate when players do that. What's the point? You know fully well that you're not getting into a fight and will get sent off for the slightest touch.

James Peril

That’s the good thing about facts and rules though, so we don’t have to concider what people think about stuff. Screw Richarlison, brought him into my Fantasy-team on Friday :mad:

DWelbz19

2 good finishes on his first start for Brazil (against El Salvador). Interestingly played as the number 9 too.

Andreas also played 20 minutes.

Trizy

Good player with big potential. He's only just 21!

Great business by Everton for £30m in this crazy market. Bonus's bring it to £50m but I'm of the opinion if the bonuses in these contracts are met the player is well and truly worth the renewed sum.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Nah, he doesn't look that consistent to me. Definitely talented, but he stills needs to do it regularly, and improve his decisions, before a bigger club can cash in. Everton is a good place to grow, though.

Hazard Warning

Supports
Chelsea
There’s a world class player in there. He’s very raw but he has everything in him to play for any team in the world. Will step up from Everton within the next 2 seasons for sure, great player.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
That quick touch to hit the ball past the defender was very clever.

DWelbz19

There’s a world class player in there. He’s very raw but he has everything in him to play for any team in the world. Will step up from Everton within the next 2 seasons for sure, great player.
Big, two footed, works his bollocks off, and can play across the front three.

Growing into that no.9 role. Big fan.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
That second goal was a beautiful thing to watch.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Everton paid £50m for him. How much do you think they'll want in 2 years?