Television Ricky Gervais: Armageddon

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
A few funny lines but fairly meh overall.

Edit: I'm liking it less and less in retrospect. Lazy and making excuses for punching down bigotry.

Last edited:

GBBQ

Fairly weak I thought. The same schtick as his last special, making easy jokes that get laughs for being politically incorrect / edgy rather than being a well crafted routine.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Whatever you think of Ricky, it’s really impressive how he’s managed to transition himself from one of the most relevant comedy writers alive into the kind of middling stand up shock merchant for angry middle aged dads you used to only find in VHS bucket bins in motorway service stations.

Last edited:

hobbers

Over half his material is created from stuff they used to talk about with Karl on XfM. Slugs and evolution. Chinese pedos. etc

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
His first two stand ups were brilliant, Animals and Politics. Everything since then has been the same “oooh look at me being controversial” spiel regurgitated. It’s crap.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Whatever you think of Ricky, it’s really impressive how he’s managed to transition himself from one of the most relevant comedy writers alive into the kind of middling stand up shock merchant for angry middle aged dads you used to only find in VHS bucket bins in motorway service stations.
Yeah this. Tedious bloke. What a waste.

Roosney

Lil' Timmy had me cracking up, also the n-word line was a good one.
But yeah I guess he should come up with something else than the angry woke crowd stuff.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
His stand up has been mediocre from day one. Very talented writer and a decent actor but never had any talent as a stand up comedian.

The more intriguing decline is how he’s gone from writing lightning in a bottle like The Office to banal, self indulgent drivel like After Life.

mu4c_20le

The chinese pedo dog eating line wasn't even that controversial despite the build up, though it was remarkably better than the anti woke stuff. Which just felt like pandering for the easy right wing money.

Eriku

His stand up has been mediocre from day one. Very talented writer and a decent actor but never had any talent as a stand up comedian.

The more intriguing decline is how he’s gone from writing lightning in a bottle like The Office to banal, self indulgent drivel like After Life.
Seconded. Crowds who don’t know or care who you are are the whetstone on which your comedic wit is sharpened, and he got a huge fanbase before he got the skill required to be a top tier comedian. From what I gather he doesn’t work out his material in clubs or anything prior to going on a tour with a new special either.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He's just a lazy terf cnut these days who's online precense revolves around bigging himself up. He used to make fun of people who are like what he's like now but the truth is he desperately wanted to be one of them.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
WHATS THE MATTER, TOOOO CHALLENGING FOR YA?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Seconded. Crowds who don’t know or care who you are are the whetstone on which your comedic wit is sharpened, and he got a huge fanbase before he got the skill required to be a top tier comedian. From what I gather he doesn’t work out his material in clubs or anything prior to going on a tour with a new special either.
Great point.

hobbers

Acaster is pretty mediocre. Being irreverent and sounding/looking/acting a bit weird carries him a lot of the way.