Television Ricky Gervais' Golden Globes Speech

Cait Sith

Does anyone believe the Hollywood press executives did just tell Gervais to go on stage and "do whatever you want" without knowing what he had planned and greenlighting it?

Of course not. So it's all a bit ... pointless.

I also somehow doubt the multi million dollar celebs are going to lose sleep over "you are dating young hot supermodels" or "no one cares what you think politically, just STFU and enjoy being priviledged" kinda jokes.

Definitely expected more when I read about the reactions to this. Just some normal jokes.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Boom!

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...matter?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Ricky Gervais and Jeremy Clarkson are no laughing matter
Stewart Lee
......Both Clarkson’s and Turd’s careers have flourished by exploiting the notion that they are lone voices of sanity against a politically correct snowflake cabal intent on silencing normal blokes like them. Their comedy counterpart Ricky Gervais has managed to monetise this notion spectacularly, saying the things that he is apparently not allowed to say, on a variety of global media platforms, for millions of dollars, with the full co-operation and approval of the legal representatives of the institutions on which, and about which, he says the things he is not allowed to say, his functionally adequate standup act having been overpromoted worldwide off the back of his pitch-perfect contribution to the groundbreaking Office sitcom two decades ago. Last week, a slew of right-leaning sources cited Gervais’s “just jokes” liberal-bating Golden Globes set as vindication of a populist backlash against political correctness, investing its harmless waspish jibes with a political dimension they didn’t really have.
:lol: @ Wokefinder General

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Does anyone believe the Hollywood press executives did just tell Gervais to go on stage and "do whatever you want" without knowing what he had planned and greenlighting it?
Yeah, I'm fairly certain they have no say nor insight in his writing for the show.