Right back....what are the options (if any)?

Zlatattack

If the Sanchez to Juve talk is true, maybe we can get Cancelo the other way.

passing-wind

Remind me, how old was Evra when he came here? Dumb argument, really.
Age doesn't have any correspondence with capabilities aside playing experiance. Evra succeeded here because he had the talent to make him one of the best in Europe. The concensus on this site is to give Dalot time in his position because the same was done with Evra. The argument is that Dalot isn't poor as a fullback because he's inexperienced, he's poor as a fullback because he lacks the quality defensively period. No amount of time is going to substantiate that hence the club are looking at replacements to begin with.

If Dalot was half as good a fullback as most deluded fans say, he would be considered for development urgently and we wouldn't need a right back at all.

Nickosaur

RB isn't the biggest priority but stopping Young playing will benefit us massively.

I'd edge towards someone who knows the league and would be solid enough and compete/rotate with Dalot rather than a high profile throw money at it sort.

I like Wan Bissaka - probably the best young RB in the league bar TAA.

Other premier league options would be Doherty from Wolves, or Soares from Southampton. Neither are world beaters, but they are had working reliable consistent grafters. Something we lack. Wouldn't cost a bomb and better options than Young/Jones/Lindelöf at RB

The lad from Leicester is good as well, but most likely not attainable
You must be kidding.

Craig Ward

You must be kidding.
No. Im not kidding.

You dont think Soares, an established premier league player and International is a worse option than Young?

Granted he isnt a world beater and not a fancy name but he is an actual rb unlike young or valencia.....

I dont think it would happen anyway but some low key signings that bring better balance to the team is what we need

ArjenIsM3

Not sure if this has been posted yet bur Cancelo has come out and said he wants to stay at Juve. That's one off the list then

Fer

Not sure if this has been posted yet bur Cancelo has come out and said he wants to stay at Juve. That's one off the list then
Wan Bissaka said something similar. So, I guess Meunier would be the best option considering he would cost 25m.

NoPace

No. Im not kidding.

You dont think Soares, an established premier league player and International is a worse option than Young?

Granted he isnt a world beater and not a fancy name but he is an actual rb unlike young or valencia.....

I dont think it would happen anyway but some low key signings that bring better balance to the team is what we need
Soares would definitely be better offensively than Young, but defensively he's not near good enough, think he'd struggle as often as Young does.

Inter have an option for 9M and nobody seems to think they'll pick it up, that can't be a sign he's good enough for us as anything other than a backup, and it doesn't seem like Dalot is ready to start.

SambaBoy

You can't look beyond wan bissaka and aurier
Wouldn't want Aurier here. He's hardly been a positive signing for Spurs, and we shouldn't be signing there cast-offs.

Definitely agree on AWB, however it seems he will stay at Palace for another season.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
Just get Wan-Bissaka and be done with it. Adding him and having Dalot would mean that we don't have to worry about this position for 10 years. If we don't go for him now I can see him going to Spurs or shitty. Just do it.

It's that simple.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Wouldn't want Aurier here. He's hardly been a positive signing for Spurs, and we shouldn't be signing there cast-offs.

Definitely agree on AWB, however it seems he will stay at Palace for another season.
Ahh I meant muenier

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
Youcef Atal is a beast. Another man of the match performance today. That makes 8 for the season.

Contributes at both ends of the pitch. He's such a baller Nice have used him as a midfielder & attacker too on the right side of the pitch.

Crazy if we are not in for him. Forget Meunier. This is guy to get.

gajender

Youcef Atal is a beast. Another man of the match performance today. That makes 8 for the season.

Contributes at both ends of the pitch. He's such a baller Nice have used him as a midfielder & attacker too on the right side of the pitch.

How is he defensively because that's seem to be priority for our management if we are looking to bring limited footballer like Wan-Bissaka.

AngryCroat

Sime Vrsaljko is modern RB who is coming back from injury and will last for many more years and Atletico will let him go 100% for like 15 mil so it's not big gamble either. He would be upgrade on anything we have. We could rotate him and Dalot on that position.

Mark Pawelek

Probably cost less then Meunier too. Buy.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Jamie Jackson is saying we'll be targeting a Left back in his Guardian column.

Mr Smith

Sime Vrsaljko is modern RB who is coming back from injury and will last for many more years and Atletico will let him go 100% for like 15 mil so it's not big gamble either. He would be upgrade on anything we have. We could rotate him and Dalot on that position.
Vrsaljko is a great shout, if he's available for 15 mil we should be all over him.

MetoTTT

I said it before in this thread. He is the best RB we can get this summer imo. He has a lot of potential, been really good already and will cost not so much. It seems PSG are in for him.

Last edited:

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
Yeah PSG would know all about him I'm sure. It would suck if we helped them offload Meunier for something like €25m and they got a better, younger Atal for like €20m.

AngryCroat

Vrsaljko is a great shout, if he's available for 15 mil we should be all over him.
He's going to be available for 18m € as far as I know. At least that was info I had some time ago prior to his surgery. I know he's doing very well on recovery an we could/should "steal" him.

DarkRed

How about Maitland-Niles ? Arsenal do need the money. He was not very good in the final vs Chelsea...

Last edited by a moderator:

thomas porter

If we can get Wan Bissaka for 50m or less then we should be all over that. Best case scenario in my mind is we sign a left back and then agree to buy Wan Bissaka for cash + Ashley Young. (I can dream right?)

SoCross

An experienced RB and Young, Laird and Dalot to cover both sides.
Not quite sold on Wan Bissaka but really struggling to think of names. Suppose Barca won’t be interested in letting go of Semedo?

Meunier might be our best option actually. Have no clue who Atal is

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Wan Bissaka definitely, but £70 million is too much, would go to £50 million, but that would include add one for appearances, International call ups. That would tighten up the right side immeasurably, Dalot would be a decent back up for both full back positions and also Fosu Mensah would be an alternative.

Infra-red

Could probably buy Atal and Alex Telles for less than the price of Wan Bissaka, allowing us to move on to other targets with both fullback positions strengthened.

Funky Futurista

Wan Bissaka as a defensive full back and push Dalot up to right wing. The lad can actually cross on a good day, and is decent at finding space. Dalot can also be a backup for the RB position since he'll have to rotate with the rest of the attackers we have, and can compete with Wan Bissaka if we decide to buy Sancho next year.

Either that or we bring in Meunier for a smaller fee and make Dalot his understudy. Finally we put "bird shit" in Young's mouth which will make him sick and he'll have to sit out most of the season.

jesperjaap

Dont get why so many talk about Dalot, a lot of hype when we signed him, looks talented but he has literally not done anything as of yet, also personally not sure he is actually that good defensively....but hey everybody wants full backs that can attack?

Yet Wan Bissaka has player about half a season more, has been defensively probably the best full back in the league this year but a lot of people dont want him as they dont think he can attack at all, which I disagree with anyway.

21, English, defensively already superb and for me is good supporting in attack, and should be much better if he was at a side that is playing attacking football. Sure, his crossing and final ball needs a lot of improvement but this Bissaka cant go forward band wagon, no way we should sign him, baffles me. The fee is stupidly high, so was Walker, so was Van Djik and £60-65m as crazy as it sounds I think will be talked of as a good deal in a few years time

Oscar.Z.Acosta

Defenders must be able to defend first and foremost. Robertson and TAA have warped a lot of minds with their excellent performances this season. Watch teams shut off their space next season and see what great attacking players they are then. And although Robertson looks like he can defend, TAA is ropey.

Someone who can run, tackle and knows where to stand in defence will do for me.

Paul_Scholes18

Defenders must be able to defend first and foremost. Robertson and TAA have warped a lot of minds with their excellent performances this season. Watch teams shut off their space next season and see what great attacking players they are then. And although Robertson looks like he can defend, TAA is ropey.

Well it is not easy to stop them since a lot of teams need to fall deeper in order to stop Salah and Mane getting too much space. This then allow the fullbacks to bomb forward.

Silas

Yeah, same way Marcelo's space was shut off.

Kaglish10

AS Roma's Alessandro Florenzi. Good technique on the ball, good crosser too but quite small.

Fer

AS Roma's Alessandro Florenzi. Good technique on the ball, good crosser too but quite small.
The times I saw him play, I was impressed with his attacking skills. But I can't see Ole going for him. Good player though.

Kaglish10

The times I saw him play, I was impressed with his attacking skills. But I can't see Ole going for him. Good player though.
He's looked good everytime I have seen him too.

I don't know if he will leave too. All these Roma's players hardly leave their club. Totti, de Rossi et al. I think he's been touted to replace de Rossi as the next captain or so.