Right Winger... Who do we go for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brophs

The One and Only
Donald Trump might soon be available. He could take over the boasting-about-his-cock section of the team talks.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Fekir hasn't played since he did his ACL and in truth him, Griezmann and Dybala are all making their names in 2 Striker systems where they play a free second striker role, rather than as wide forwards.
Though Fekir has been very forthright in comments about leaving. Last summer he admitted Manchester United was a dream club, and only recently he stated that he's working on his fitness to get a move to a 'top club' such as Barcelona, Madrid etc... If he comes back at the level he once hit I still think we should very much be interested. Has a similar sort of glide in his game that Martial has, probably with slightly less elegance and more physicality.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I know he's not strictly a RW but I'd have Dybala. He's quick, skilful and left footed so would suit cutting inside and having a shot. Memphis, Martial and Dybala would have so much pace and goal threat about them - it could be fantastic.

Anduin

I'm firmly in the Mahrez camp, and I think there is a good chance we'll go for him this summer. Mahrez, Martial and Memphis would be a very pacey frontline, lots of movement around Mata.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I'm firmly in the Mahrez camp, and I think there is a good chance we'll go for him this summer. Mahrez, Martial and Memphis would be a very pacey frontline, lots of movement around Mata.
I'm still in doubt about Memphis. I think a new top class striker should be a priority. Martial - new striker - Mahrez with Mata behind them and Memphis, Lingard, Rashford, Januzaj as back-ups (that's great depth by the way).

Oneunited26

I still think if we put more time and give memphis more time, he could easily become one of our best attacking players, there is goals in memphis and swagger about him, but because the team has been such a mess under VG, we have not really seen the best of memphis. I think we are in a rock and a hard place, should we try and develop memphis and martial more? or rip that apart, and buy new players? who may not be has good as these 2 in the long term. I think we need to invest in the midfield and the defense more, and perhaps sign another striker, but martial still could be one of the most complete strikers that I would love to see been giving a run upfront.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
So we could end up with 4 Ms up front and is we signed Stones 3 Ss in defence? We should just go for the team with fewest original letters in the league at this point. Got more Ss in midfield too, just gotta get rid of Dave for Schmeichel and we've got the first letters down to just 2 apart from right back.

Devil may care

Though Fekir has been very forthright in comments about leaving. Last summer he admitted Manchester United was a dream club, and only recently he stated that he's working on his fitness to get a move to a 'top club' such as Barcelona, Madrid etc... If he comes back at the level he once hit I still think we should very much be interested. Has a similar sort of glide in his game that Martial has, probably with slightly less elegance and more physicality.
He's a fantastic talent, I remember last season when Lacazette scored all those goals, @bucky agreed that Fekir was the star player in that team, the hub of their attack. I think we should certainly keep a close eye on his return from injury, although I see him more in Mata's current role than on the RW.

bucky

He's a fantastic talent, I remember last season when Lacazette scored all those goals, @bucky agreed that Fekir was the star player in that team, the hub of their attack. I think we should certainly keep a close eye on his return from injury, although I see him more in Mata's current role than on the RW.
By the way:

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Give Januzaj a good 7-10 games as a starter, if he doesn't work out- Mahrez and sell Lingard
If he does Januzaj starter and Lingard as sub

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I still think if we put more time and give memphis more time, he could easily become one of our best attacking players, there is goals in memphis and swagger about him, but because the team has been such a mess under VG, we have not really seen the best of memphis. I think we are in a rock and a hard place, should we try and develop memphis and martial more? or rip that apart, and buy new players? who may not be has good as these 2 in the long term. I think we need to invest in the midfield and the defense more, and perhaps sign another striker, but martial still could be one of the most complete strikers that I would love to see been giving a run upfront.
Memphis is a left winger, Martial a centre forward. Best to look for a lad to compliment these two.

Devil may care

Memphis is a left winger, Martial a centre forward. Best to look for a lad to compliment these two.
I agree, I'm not sure why so many keep putting Memphis or Martial on the RW when both are poor there. We need someone whose best position is the RW.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Surely if we're going for a right winger we have to go for Mahrez. Only 25. A silky flair player who can do the business in the Premier League. Two birds one stone, in that I wouldn't want him to go to a more consistent rival either.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
It's a big mystery what was the idea about right wing position this year. Right now we don't have anybody suited for it.

Fer

Not a right winger per se - but Mkhitaryan can play everywhere in attack - including the right attacking midfielder position. With the ascent of Varela (who likes to surge up the flank), we might not need a touchline hugger on the outside channel to dribble to the byline and stretch the play - so Mkhitaryan would be a quality option because of his technique, movement, eye for the final pass, workrate and scoring ability. An attack with him on the right and Martial on the left would be extremely fluid and dynamic. Of course, Dortmund are a better club (on the pitch) than United at this moment in time, but things can change very quickly in football - and, Mkhitaryan has good workrate, so he should do well under Van Gaal or Mourinho (if he's appointed). And his contract expires in 2017, so the transfer fee isn't likely to be exorbitant. 14 goals and 14 assists is an exceptional return, and he's been probably the most influential player for Dortmund this season. Plus, he's at a really good age at 27 - his peak performance years, and we need a few players like that to make an instant impact for the next 4+ seasons. Having loads of young players is good in theory but you need a few cornerstones to bear the burden while the youngsters develop. Too much too soon, and they might burn out.
He is having a good season at Dortmund. However, I prefer Mahrez. Even Mkhitaryan can play as right winger, it's not his best position... In my opinion we should do our best to sign Mahrez, if he signs for another team, Sane or Moura could be good option.

Silverman

The good thing about Mahrez is that he seems to be a team player. He seems to be the kinda guy that won't sulk if he is left on the bench for a few games. If we signed him, we would be adding quality while also being able to give other options (Januzaj, Lingard, Rashford) a chance on the wing.

Fer

The good thing about Mahrez is that he seems to be a team player. He seems to be the kinda guy that won't sulk if he is left on the bench for a few games. If we signed him, we would be adding quality while also being able to give other options (Januzaj, Lingard, Rashford) a chance on the wing.
This. We definitely need to address the right wing position and Mahrez has been the best one there. Also as you mentioned, he is a team player which is the kind of player we need. That's why he has a lot of assists, and he is selfish when is needed.

I think he is a smart player because he takes good decisions during the game. Besides his skills, he also track back to defend.

RooneyLegend

I know he's not strictly a RW but I'd have Dybala. He's quick, skilful and left footed so would suit cutting inside and having a shot. Memphis, Martial and Dybala would have so much pace and goal threat about them - it could be fantastic.
We'd need a hell of a midfield to accommodate those three.

Fer

I have seen Dembele as left winger. Does he also play in the right wing? He looks very talented.

Devil may care

Dembele is as two footed as it gets, he'd can play either side, he'd be ideal for us right now, him and Martial flanking Ibra would be the ticket next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.