Right Winger... Who do we go for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It's our weakest position and easiest to upgrade on what we've got but apart from Bale we never even get linked with a RW. We'll probably sign another left winger if anything.

Lowkey

Willian if he is available. Whoever it is HAS to be able to take a corner or a free kick. I am sick of watching Rashford etc attempting to take corners and failing miserably. Would prefer a right footer too. Don't want Bale

The-Mezzala

If Bale stays at Madrid, William stays at Chelsea, Dembele continue in Barca, Costa signs for Juve and Mahrez for City...

Who would you sign as our RW?
Maybe give Zaha another chance? Pulsing and Bailey could be worth a look.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fer

The RW position is my biggest concern...

Costa signed for Juve.
Griezmann will stay at Atletico / sign for Barca.
Bale would stay now that Zidane is not longer the manager. Same scenario with William.
Mahrez is going to City.

So now, who is the best Right Winger we can get?

Fer

Maybe give Zaha another chance? Pulsing and Bailey could be worth a look.
Pulisic and Bailey are really promising. Any of them would improve Mata on the right wing.
TBH I wanted Mahrez, but it seems he is off to City.

mad1max954

We desperately need to fill this void and have done for years. Need a Ribalta special I think. The obvious targets are too old or too expensive or just not going to happen: bale, Griezmann William. Must be someone under the radar surely!?

Reiver

This is the priority position for me. Doesn't have to be a big name or the finished article. Someone that just holds their position would be an improvement. The scouting team could really prove their worth by finding someone. Anybody know if we have anybody from the youth squads ready to start getting some game time in this position?

davidmichael

Bale is my first choice, Dembele my second choice and Bailey my third choice but each choice is better than any of our current options.

Fer

Bale is my first choice, Dembele my second choice and Bailey my third choice but each choice is better than any of our current options.
If Bale and Dembele stay in their clubs, Bailey would be an interesting option. I wouldn't be surprised if we miss on Bale, Griezmann, Costa, Mahrez and William... so a young RW like Pulisic, Bailey, Malcom, etc would be a good option. I hope we don't play another season with Mata/Lingard as our starters.

davidmichael

If Bale and Dembele stay in their clubs, Bailey would be an interesting option. I wouldn't be surprised if we miss on Bale, Griezmann, Costa, Mahrez and William... so a young RW like Pulisic, Bailey, Malcom, etc would be a good option. I hope we don't play another season with Mata/Lingard as our starters.
Lots of talk of Arsenal and Liverpool in for Dembele and if Barca want to sign Thiago, De Jong, Artur, Griezmann and Lenglet which will be around £250 million after spending about the same on Coutinho and Dembele then they’re going to have to sell someone of value to finance it so Dembele would be the one seeing as I don’t see him keeping Messi, Suarez, Griezmann or Coutinho out of the front trio.

I think with Ronaldo, Benzema, Asenio, Isco, Vincius coming in and no doubt a big galactico signing up top (Lewandowski, Hazard, Neymar) Bale is going to be sold for the right price (£80-£100 million) so I think either Bale or Dembele are attainable for the right price as both Barca and Real will spend big in the summer for different reasons.

Pulisic to me just seems like a 10 playing on the right (like a pacier version of Mata) and I think we’ve all had enough of 10’s being shunted out on the right and it looks like Malcolm is off to Inter although I’m not sure he’s played at a high enough level to genuinely be what we need so if Bale and Dembele aren’t options I’d say go with Bailey all day long.

Fer

Lots of talk of Arsenal and Liverpool in for Dembele and if Barca want to sign Thiago, De Jong, Artur, Griezmann and Lenglet which will be around £250 million after spending about the same on Coutinho and Dembele then they’re going to have to sell someone of value to finance it so Dembele would be the one seeing as I don’t see him keeping Messi, Suarez, Griezmann or Coutinho out of the front trio.

I think with Ronaldo, Benzema, Asenio, Isco, Vincius coming in and no doubt a big galactico signing up top (Lewandowski, Hazard, Neymar) Bale is going to be sold for the right price (£80-£100 million) so I think either Bale or Dembele are attainable for the right price as both Barca and Real will spend big in the summer for different reasons.

Pulisic to me just seems like a 10 playing on the right (like a pacier version of Mata) and I think we’ve all had enough of 10’s being shunted out on the right and it looks like Malcolm is off to Inter although I’m not sure he’s played at a high enough level to genuinely be what we need so if Bale and Dembele aren’t options I’d say go with Bailey all day long.
They played 442 most part of the last season, it would be interesting to see how they will play if they sign Griezmann. But it seems that Griezmann could stay at Atletico.
I can see Barca signing a CB and a CM.

Now that Zidane is no longer the manager, I think Bale could stay.

But, if Bale or Dembele are available and Madrid/Barca put them in the market... then we should sign one of them. They are the kind of players we need as our RW.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
It's probably Willian or bust isn't it, being realistic. Better than nothing though.
William would suit us perfectly though. We need some genuine and natural width. He’d provide some desperately needed balance to the side. He’s a proper Mourinho player too. And it’s always better to sign players that fit the strategy rather than fit the strategy to the players.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Willian will be a great addition. I do not believe what happened to Sanchez will happen to Willian...Willian seems more hungry to prove something. However, if Dembele becomes available, it will be asinine not to be in for him.

Fer

I read that Sporting is having problems and Gelson Martins is available for free. Is there any truth on that?

432JuanMata

I read that Sporting is having problems and Gelson Martins is available for free. Is there any truth on that?
Well yeah a lot of the sporting team are trying to terminate there contact after what happened. Gelson Martins would be a great signing especially for free

jesperjaap

Dybala and Mbappe are the obvious big names for the right, both unlikely and very expensive though. The strange thing is our right wing is perhaps our weakest area attacking wise at least, even though Lingard was our most improved player last season, he is a drifter rather than a right winger and the two names I mentioned are also drifters too. Although its our weakest area its also perhaps our most promising area in terms of youngsters ready to break through in Gomes and Chong.

gron84

Malcom available? Looks like a player with big potential.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
We don't need players with potential, we have plenty of those. Martial, Rashford, Chong, Gribbin, Gomes could all be moulded into fantastic right sided forwards. We need someone to come in and immediately improve the team now. If he's available, then we go for Bale 100%

It's a pity we couldn't convince Robben to come to us on a free.

These are the guys we should go for, in this order.

1. Bale
2. Willian
3. Gelson Martinez (goes against what I said about experience, but if he's on a free we'd be mad to pass it up)

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Ronaldo v Bale

IF you had to pick one for the current United team who would it be and why? (Leaving aside any arguments about money)

Fer

Ronaldo v Bale

IF you had to pick one for the current United team who would it be and why? (Leaving aside any arguments about money)
Bale, he is younger and we need a Right Winger (we already have Sanchez/Martial for the LW).

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I have no idea whats going on with Griezmann, but if there is any chance of getting him, I'd go for him and Gelson on the cheap / free.

Griezmann just comes across one of the players that'd do damage in any position up front.
RW, CAM, ST. He'd be the perfect player who could rotate into different positions depending on formations, and Gelson would be a great player that could cover that spot

FMish :( I know

Infra-red

Griezmann just comes across one of the players that'd do damage in any position up front.
RW, CAM, ST. He'd be the perfect player who could rotate into different positions depending on formations
Nah he's only really good through the middle as a SS/#10 in a 4-4-2/4-2-3-1.

Fer

We can improve our defense, but we didn't have to many problems last season in that area. Our problem was on scoring goals and creating opportunities.

That's why we need a Bale, Griezmann or Dybala in our attack. Also, Gelson Martins for free would be a good signing taking in consideration that Sanchez and Mata are around 30s.

rpg

We should just start Tahith Chong on right and see what happens

The-Mezzala

Pulisic and Bailey are really promising. Any of them would improve Mata on the right wing.
TBH I wanted Mahrez, but it seems he is off to City.
Yes that is painful city already have Bernardo Silva, Sane and Sterling.

El Jefe

Am I the only one worried about the lack of options in this position.

I'm hoping Ribalta and his team have some unexpected gem lined up because I'm not really in support of the targets we're being lined with.

Revaulx

Not sure I’d want Willian based on tonight’s performance. Though the rest of them faded badly as well.

Woziak

It really wouldn't surprise me if United go buy James Rodriguez to play in a similar way to Juan Mata, an inverted playmaker from the right when what we really need an out and out winger or at least a pacey left footed right striker.

The more the window drags on, the more you start to realise Jose wasn't bluffing when he said the team only needs Midfield and Defensive reinforcements and he's not looking to add to the striker options. Forget 6 players, it will be 2 that we have plus another 2 before the new season starts. If we have budget constraints, we could do a lot worse than pick up Hirving Lzano for 25M or Gelson Martins on a Free.

Silas

There aren't many players worth getting right now. Don't think we'll get a youngster (unless they're exceptional) because of Chong. The club's main option in Bale is probably going to stay and Griezmann's out of the question (not that he would be that good a fit anyway), leaving players like Willian, who might not even leave himself due to the probable managerial change. Maybe Mou will actually consider playing Sanchez there.

It really wouldn't surprise me if United go buy James Rodriguez to play in a similar way to Juan Mata, an inverted playmaker from the right when what we really need an out and out winger or at least a pacey left footed right striker.

The more the window drags on, the more you start to realise Jose wasn't bluffing when he said the team only needs Midfield and Defensive reinforcements and he's not looking to add to the striker options. Forget 6 players, it will be 2 that we have plus another 2 before the new season starts. If we have budget constraints, we could do a lot worse than pick up Hirving Lzano for 25M or Gelson Martins on a Free.
Wouldn't surprise me if Bayern tell us to feck off.

Last edited:

settembrini

Now that Costa has completed his permanent move to Juventus I think one of Dybala or Bernardeschi should be available.

Status
Not open for further replies.