Right Winger... Who do we go for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Surprisingly no one fancy Zaha for the right wing position. He is at the right age, at the peak of his power physically, have a very strong body build, and he is EPL proven. He won't come cheap for sure, but that's the same for all other "candidates".

Mou will buy Willian though. That is very obvious already.

NoPace

Surprisingly no one fancy Zaha for the right wing position. He is at the right age, at the peak of his power physically, have a very strong body build, and he is EPL proven. He won't come cheap for sure, but that's the same for all other "candidates".

Fine player, Zaha, but a 25 year old winger who's all about physical attributes coming off only his 2nd good season still tracks as an Everton sort of signing (like a Sigurdsson level type) and the kind of thing they should have done with the 50M on wing players they instead spent on Bolasie and Walcott combined. Instead of a 28 and 29 year old 6.5/10 prem wingers like that, they could have spent the money on a bid Palace couldn't have said no to and then just promoted an academy winger or had a punt for 4-5M on a talented player from a small league or one of the big Prem academies that hasn't quite made it.

Willian would make sense as a free, but not for the fee he'd require.

Also if Dembele does get sold by Barca and it isn't to us I'll have a rage stroke.

Ekeke

Fine player, Zaha, but a 25 year old winger who's all about physical attributes coming off only his 2nd good season still tracks as an Everton sort of signing (like a Sigurdsson level type) and the kind of thing they should have done with the 50M on wing players they instead spent on Bolasie and Walcott combined. Instead of a 28 and 29 year old 6.5/10 prem wingers like that, they could have spent the money on a bid Palace couldn't have said no to and then just promoted an academy winger or had a punt for 4-5M on a talented player from a small league or one of the big Prem academies that hasn't quite made it.

Willian would make sense as a free, but not for the fee he'd require.

Also if Dembele does get sold by Barca and it isn't to us I'll have a rage stroke.
Honestly though would you put it past Mourinho to snap up Zaha given he has those physical attributes? Obviously Mourinho would like Willian but if hes right and Chelsea wont sell, it wouldnt shock me to see him sign a player who is physical rather than small and technical. That may not be Zaha but maybe someone with those attributes

Fer

I would like Mahrez or Dembele. Unfortunately, I can't see Mourinho signing one of those players.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Well that's just wrong. Benzema had one if not his best season for Madrid in 11/12 after struggling in 10/11 so he definitely did make a change under Mourinho.
Also what does Zidane have to do with this? He was not involved one bit in Madrid's management back then.
He didn't make a change. He scored 26 goals 10/11 and 32 goals 11/12. No change to his playing style or attitude etc on the pitch. There was a change in Jose respect for him as a player.

L1nk

I would't expect any exciting Ronaldo type signings unfortunately, as much as i'd love Pulisic

Fer

I hope we don't lose all summer trying to get Bale while other players (Mahrez, Costa, Malcom, Pulisic, Bailey, etc) sign for other teams, and we end up with no options.

marktan

I can't get excited by our CM / CB signings until we actually sign a quality RW. That and top quality full backs should be our priority this summer.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa

Id fancy resigning him. He'd be perfect for us with loads to prove. However I just can't see United or JM being interested unfortunately.

The-Mezzala

Dembele from Barca if available would be dream. Wouldn’t say no to Leon Bailey at Leverkusen very exciting player. Willian is underwhelming

covlee junior

yes we must snatch player available from the likes of juve, bayern muenchen, madrid or barcelona. we have money now.

I'd ok with william TBH. would love mahrez/coman.

Kostov

RW is the single most glaring hole we have in the starting line up, if we fail to address this, we have no chance in winning the title. No problem with chasing Bale either, quality player and if the club deem he worthy of investment so be it, but we have to put a deadline where we will go for an alternative if Real play hardball.

Reiver

We have so little options at RW I think we need 2 players there. One should have came in this time last year.
I like Willian, would be happy with him but still think we need another.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I love Mahrez, but I think we should look for a more speedy skillful winger in the mold of Pires or Giggs.

Fer

If Bale stays at Madrid, William stays at Chelsea, Dembele continue in Barca, Costa signs for Juve and Mahrez for City...

Who would you sign as our RW?

sparx99

Pulisic, Leon Bailey or Malcom. Young players who have lots of potential and are all playing at clubs who sell when a big club comes calling.

Pulisic being a Utd fan as a kid is a good reason to take him first as he wouldn’t get drawn away by Real Madrid or Barcelona if he was huge success.

Charles Miller

If Bale stays at Madrid, William stays at Chelsea, Dembele continue in Barca, Costa signs for Juve and Mahrez for City...

Who would you sign as our RW?
Apparently someone on Reddit said it will be Griezman.

Last edited:

peridigm

Pulisic, Leon Bailey or Malcom. Young players who have lots of potential and are all playing at clubs who sell when a big club comes calling.

Pulisic being a Utd fan as a kid is a good reason to take him first as he wouldn’t get drawn away by Real Madrid or Barcelona if he was huge success.
With the USA out of WC, Pulisic could be had for a reasonable fee this summer. €35m-€45m but I think BvB probably value him much higher than that.

I fear we're going to spend the entire summer flirting with the likes of Griezmann, Bale, or Willian only to miss out.

Jeffthered

Brooklyn Beckham. Isn't he good enough ? Is he interested in football? Is he dating a fashion designer or something?

Infra-red

Three decent options. Maybe Thauvin/Suso too.

jesperjaap

Benzema scored 26 goals in 48 matches when he used to play as a striker. Wouldn't call that for a struggling season.
Benzema reminds me of Rooney, early in his career at Lyon I thought he would go on to be one of the worlds best players, never really quite became what I thought.....but he has been the starting striker for Madrid year in year out for a long time now and had a wonderful career trophy wise and good stats too, so under rated by many English fans I feel

Fer

I wonder who Fergie would have signed? Probably pulisic?
Pulisic, Bailey or Dembele... Maybe, he would have signed Sane.

Also, he would go for a LB like Tierney/Sessegnon instead of Sandro... And he would have Kane over Lukaku imo

reddaz71

We could conceivably get 2 of either Bale, Ronaldo or Willian, Mourinho and Woodward combo shouldn't be underestimated

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Bale has become flavour of the Month due to his Champions League performance. Many fans including myself were not convinced last season mainly due to his injury issues. If he can remain fit he's devastating. Judging from the players I've watched any from Bale, Mahrez, Willian would improve the team balance massively. These players are also available.

Z1L3

Supports
Partizan Belgrade
Given the injuries the squad has had in the last two seasons, I would stay away from Bale.

I'd go for Andrija Zivkovic :) - young prospect who could become world class; fits club philosophy.

gza the genius

Now that it seems inevitable that Valencia will be our main starter at right back next season we really need an actual right winger, one who will provide some width and send some crosses in. Bale/Griezmann would just be throwing another big name player in for the sake of it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Doesnt really look like we'll sign a right winger tbh. Would be surprised if we did. But that's pretty shocking and a huge mistake IMO as our right wing is easily the weakest position in our team. Wouldnt expect much to change with our attack if we dont sign anyone there, but guess we just have to hope.

ravi2

Now that it seems inevitable that Valencia will be our main starter at right back next season we really need an actual right winger, one who will provide some width and send some crosses in. Bale/Griezmann would just be throwing another big name player in for the sake of it.
Having Valencia as a starting RB only makes sense if we are buying an actual RW.
Valencia lost the ability to cross a ball years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.