Right Winger... Who do we go for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Lukaku.

Lukaku - Martial - Sanchez.

Of our current bunch, perhaps worth a look.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I think he showed last season that he’s ready for the next step. Big, strong, pacey, can play cf too
It could work, but I think it won’t.

Such a fine line with players with the attributes you described. Hard to differentiate someone who will just be a Bolasie to a Robben at a young age.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
James Robson reckons we're in advanced talks with Madrid for Bale, although can't see that myself, not so soon after selling Ronaldo.

Patrick08

I am actually pretty annoyed at all the smart arses who were writing Perisic off as a nothing player last season. He’d have been a great signing for United.

Agenda posters no doubt.
Plays on the left as well, though, and we need RW, and the ones those are available we are never interested in them atrociously.

We should have been all over Sadio Mane deal 2-3 years ago itself, but Nah let's just sign a more Fancy marketable player in Mkh.Even Dembele Costa and Mahrez all moved since then and we let them pass by and would never play Sanchez on the right.

Alabaster Codify7

There is no way in hell Bale and Ronaldo leave Madrid. Bale will likely take Ronaldo's mantle as the 'main man' now with someone like Hazard being signed to compliment him.

We are NOT getting Gareth Bale, we need to stop being such a 'friendzoned' club when it comes to players like this.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
If Barca are genuinely pursuing Willian, I don't like our chances of competing. No way do Chelsea sell to another EPL team over sending him abroad, especially after letting Matic go last season.

Mertens is probably gettable, and could share the spot with Mata and Lingard. Zaha has been and gone, Bale won't leave Madrid this summer now (surely?), and Perisic would only work on the left.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’m very interested to see Tahith against adult pros this season, as I have hope for him being firmly in the rotation on the right.

United Pro

Mbappe would be my first choice, but that's not happening. Bale would be my next best option, but it's highly unlikely Madrid will let him leave now that Ronaldo has. Douglas Costa, who is also unlikely given that he's just recently signed to Juve, would be a brilliant signing. There are other younger options in the market like Malcom, Gelson Martins (if he hasn't signed for Atletico already), Pavon, Chiesa or Pulisic. Perhaps Thavin could be an option given the season he's just had. If we're going for physically strong, pace merchants then perhaps Adama Traore or Saint-Maximin could be options.

Red4Life_#7

We could play 442 (diamond) for the number of midfielders we have (if we don't sign a RW).
Sanchez - Lukaku
Fekir
Pogba - Matic - Fred
Sandro? - Smalling - Bailly - Dalot
De Gea​
Jesse Lingard could isn't play there. Fekir isn't in another league to Jesse so I don't see the point in buying him for this position. Lingard has improved so much as a player in the last 2 seasons under Jose, I believe more is to come from him. Let him keep shinning.

We have all sorts of clauses in place to negate that, but still - not sure he’s the answer.
Which clauses do we have? I didn't know we had any.

ravi2

Mbappe would be my first choice, but that's not happening. Bale would be my next best option, but it's highly unlikely Madrid will let him leave now that Ronaldo has. Douglas Costa, who is also unlikely given that he's just recently signed to Juve, would be a brilliant signing. There are other younger options in the market like Malcom, Gelson Martins (if he hasn't signed for Atletico already), Pavon, Chiesa or Pulisic. Perhaps Thavin could be an option given the season he's just had. If we're going for physically strong, pace merchants then perhaps Adama Traore or Saint-Maximin could be options.
I believe we really missed an opportunity in letting Juve make Douglas Costa's loan deal permanent.
We might be able to get him if we include Martial in the deal, but we absolutely need a RW in this transfer window imo

Devil may care

There's nobody worth getting, Bale isn't coming here and the young options people like will be wasted under Mourinho. Since we don't seem to have anyone capable of playing there already and Sanchez doesn't want to we should switch formation to 3-5-2 and buy Sandro, the system might also help Valencia and his understudy Dalot by reducing the defensive duties, while Young could also chip in at RWB.

United Pro

I believe we really missed an opportunity in letting Juve make Douglas Costa's loan deal permanent.
We might be able to get him if we include Martial in the deal, but we absolutely need a RW in this transfer window imo
Agreed. I'd say the bigger mistake was not making a move for him last summer when Bayern were looking for suitors. Instead, we ended up chasing Perisic all summer and not even get him. We could offer Martial to Juve, or perhaps even to Madrid for Bale.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Jesse Lingard could isn't play there. Fekir isn't in another league to Jesse so I don't see the point in buying him for this position. Lingard has improved so much as a player in the last 2 seasons under Jose, I believe more is to come from him. Let him keep shinning.

Which clauses do we have? I didn't know we had any.
Sell-ons and buy backs pretty much.

There's nobody worth getting, Bale isn't coming here and the young options people like will be wasted under Mourinho. Since we don't seem to have anyone capable of playing there already and Sanchez doesn't want to we should switch formation to 3-5-2 and buy Sandro, the system might also help Valencia and his understudy Dalot by reducing the defensive duties, while Young could also chip in at RWB.

I say put Martial up top and put Sanchez in the #10 role. Lingard is not good enough to be starting every week for us if were serious about challenging for the title.

Utdstar01

If we stick with Tony at RWB I will cry. Could he be an option on the right side of a 3 like Walker for England?

Vagene

Is there any right wingers left to buy?
Doesn’t seem to be many options at all.
Get the feeling we won’t be signing one

Robbo*

If we stick with Tony at RWB I will cry. Could he be an option on the right side of a 3 like Walker for England?
See Tunisia goal in world cup - that would happen about 15 times a season if Tony played there for us.

United Pro

Pogba is the problem here. He plays markedly better when he's got midfielders around him doing the leg work. For France, he was much better playing alongside both Kante and Matuidi as opposed to just one of them.
Also, I can't see Mourinho dropping Matic.

Cliche Guevara

There is no way in hell Bale and Ronaldo leave Madrid. Bale will likely take Ronaldo's mantle as the 'main man' now with someone like Hazard being signed to compliment him.

We are NOT getting Gareth Bale, we need to stop being such a 'friendzoned' club when it comes to players like this.
Why do people think Madrid want Bale to replace Ronaldo?

To me if they’re prepared to sell Ronaldo they’ll sell anyone, and bringing in £100m for Bale gives them a tidy wedge to build their next generation side.

The alternative is Bale could end up crocked, again, for a large part of this season and have little market value next summer.

James1986

What do people think about dalot playing as a rw?

I know most his games have been a full back but judging by the admittedly very low footage I’ve seen of him he’s got some useful attributes for a winger.

He’s fast, can cross the ball well, physical presence, looks like he can take a player on and can also help defensively?

ravi2

Why do people think Madrid want Bale to replace Ronaldo?

To me if they’re prepared to sell Ronaldo they’ll sell anyone, and bringing in £100m for Bale gives them a tidy wedge to build their next generation side.

The alternative is Bale could end up crocked, again, for a large part of this season and have little market value next summer.
Thats exactly why Madrid should move Bale now while his market value is at its highest. It is good business and they can bring in someone more reliable for their RW.
Bale for me was always better at LW or roaming.

Canagel

Not good enough for Utd as a winger. He played his best season ever as a false nine in a very specific setup. before he was very ineffectual.
We could use him as a false 9 here as well. Put Lukaku on the right where he was so devastating vs Brazil and Mertens through the middle.
Lukaku - Mertens - Martial/Sanchez

As part of an interchanging front 3 Mertens is probably one of the best we can buy.

Fer

Maybe there's a small chance of signing Dembele if Barcelona sign William.

If we can get a top RW, then I wouldn't mind to change the system for a 442 (diamond) or a 352.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
What about Dir Wangem? Heard he's a mad winger.

El Jefe

Maybe there's a small chance of signing Dembele if Barcelona sign William.

If we can get a top RW, then I wouldn't mind to change the system for a 442 (diamond) or a 352.
I've been thinking of this too. Probably highly unlikely but I don't see why they want Willian when they have Dembele.

I'd 100% be interested in a Martial+cash swap deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.