Right Winger... Who do we go for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheekiey

It will be Felipe Anderson for something stupid like £55m after he tears it up this season at west ham

NotQuiteManc

I think someone like Perisic would be ideal exactly because of his profile and abilities to play on both flanks.

With him approaching geriatric years soon, it would give Chong to develop and be ready to take over that RW.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
While I'd be delighted with Perisic and I do feel pretty strongly it will happen this time...a club our size should be battling for the likes of Dybala or Costa - but why would they leave now that Ronnie is arriving to probably win them the CL? Stars attract stars..and right now we re a little light on them.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I think someone like Perisic would be ideal exactly because of his profile and abilities to play on both flanks.

With him approaching geriatric years soon, it would give Chong to develop and be ready to take over that RW.
Perisic havent played as RW for Inter or Croatia in the world cup. If we sign him as RW then it will be based on assumption that he can play to good level as RW.

Godfather

There is no chance Bale is coming here. But who is out there on the right wing that will improve us? I can't think of many. Severe lack of class right wingers. Really should have gone for Mahrez.

What about Leon Bailey? Looks a great prospect. Left footed as well. Did play mainly on the left but I think his transition to the right should be no problem.

Judas

Open to offers
You would honestly think Mahrez was prime Ronaldo the way he's been turned into some sort of god on here since City signed him. I think he's a great player, but bloody hell.

Kostov

Fecking Perisic. Is there nobody else who can play as a winger on this planet? This Bailey lad looks a talent, why aren't we being linked with him?

Shaun Oldman

Sanchez.

My reasoning being that he isn't playing nearly well enough to move other people around so he that can have his favoured position.

His drop off in numbers would still be an increase on our normal right wing numbers and it gives an opportunity (final) for Martial to secure a future here (in fairness his numbers were good last year till....)

I just think we are in a "where are the goals going to come from" scenario so as much as I like Willian I think we need someone capable of 15 (all comps) from each side (I don't think RL has a 40 goal season in him to negate that need)

bucky

I wouldn't have any issue, if we sidestep this problem and use a system without wingers, if we are unable to sign a good player for the right. Problem with that approach would be, that we would definitely need better full-backs than what Young and Valencia provide. Sincerely hope that Dalot can step up right away.

Malcom and Bailey seem to be the best realistic options in my eyes. That is if the latter is truly comfortable on the right (mostly seen him on the left).

ravi2

Andreas Pereira and Mata will compete for the role.
Might as hand City another League title then, especially since Valencia seems to be our starting RB. Zero service coming from the right.

Zlatattack

You would honestly think Mahrez was prime Ronaldo the way he's been turned into some sort of god on here since City signed him. I think he's a great player, but bloody hell.
Or current right wing options would probably improved by having Boris Johnson play there, let alone Mahrez.

We don't have any right wingers, anyone competent would be an upgrade. The bar is set so low.

Silas

If we aren't going for anyone, there's a high chance that Mou's decided to play Sanchez there.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
If we aren't going for anyone, there's a high chance that Mou's decided to play Sanchez there.
If that isn't the plan, I don't see us finishing anywhere other than 6th. We cannot go in next season with Sanchez first choice at inside left and Martial and Rashford being subs.

rotherham_red

I think we're going to get Perisic &/or Rebic - Perisic because he can play both sides as a winger and FB/WB, and Rebic because Juve are being difficult gits re Sandro and he'd be somewhat more affordable

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Fecking Perisic. Is there nobody else who can play as a winger on this planet? This Bailey lad looks a talent, why aren't we being linked with him?
From what I gather he's more comfortable on the left.

AltiUn

Andreas Pereira and Mata will compete for the role.
If we don't sign anyone I hope we'd consider giving Chong some minutes, ideally we should be looking at phasing Mata out this season. If we're playing a 4-3-3 could we expect to see Lingard there?

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I still think the worrying here sometimes is a bit excessive - we ve signed some big big names over the years and every time its implied the club is just screwing around. It's not like a lot of those big names have even been a resounding success. I am confident we will make another signing - if only because I can't see Mou wanting to put up with mediocrity for yet another season.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Honestly its pretty shocking how long this has been an issue and that it hasnt been addressed in the slightest. What the feck have the management been doing last season that they couldn't figure out a group of targets and all but secure transfers before the window opened? Just so fecking inept. We seriously have to be the worst run big club in the world since Fergie left.

We literally have nobody who is even competent for the right, but have 3 left wingers and 2 #10's. And then people start saying we should play pretty much our only #9 on the right because he can cut in and cross it pretty well... even though we'd then have no striker that Mourinho likes. Awful planning.

If we dont sign anyone I think Pereira could play there - I think he played a similar role at Valencia.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I still think the worrying here sometimes is a bit excessive - we ve signed some big big names over the years and every time its implied the club is just screwing around. It's not like a lot of those big names have even been a resounding success. I am confident we will make another signing - if only because I can't see Mou wanting to put up with mediocrity for yet another season.
Pretty much this. Names mean nothing if the manager can’t play the system he thinks suits us best. Hopefully there’s more to come from our existing players with a few tweaks.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Someone who hasn't played or had little playing time at the WC would be ideal. We're dealing with a squad with players going deep into the tournament and they'll need recovery time. I like the idea of signing Lewa or Alcantara who have had short stints at the WC or someone like Pulisic, Bailey, or Malcom for RW.

AltiUn

If we dont sign anyone I think Pereira could play there - I think he played a similar role at Valencia.
Was just thinking that myself. According to WhoScored he played as a right winger more than a left winger last season, he looked good there from his highlights but the highlight reels are hardly going to showcase his mistakes.

Cathy Ferguson

Bale is staying at Real which then leaves us with Willian as our top target?

Next on the list might be Rebic? If we were in for Zaha then there should be some rumours going around.

ArjenIsM3

Highly unlikely. He's be a back-up to a back-up option at best. Mourinho said Pereira's loan wasn't ideal because at Valencia he played in a position that "doesn't exist" at United. Also, he's not mentioned him as one of the attacking players we're starting the season with (Alexis, Martial, Mata) despite Rashford and Lingard both being unavailable. I don't think he'll play much.

Judas

Open to offers
Was just thinking that myself. According to WhoScored he played as a right winger more than a left winger last season, he looked good there from his highlights but the highlight reels are hardly going to showcase his mistakes.
I was under the impression he played mostly on the left, but if that's not the case and he did play more on the right, maybe just maybe that's what we're going to go with. It's a risk.

Inter Yer Nan

Hopefully this. It's a position he's played excellently before and Martial is good enough to grab a chance as a regular starter on the left with Rashford getting plenty of games over the season too. If Martial is consistently the player his talent can be we are good and really just lacking a top quality left back from being a really good side for next season IMO. A central defender with more experience and quality then what we currently have wouldn't hurt of course.

poleglass red

I wouldn't have any issue, if we sidestep this problem and use a system without wingers, if we are unable to sign a good player for the right. Problem with that approach would be, that we would definitely need better full-backs than what Young and Valencia provide. Sincerely hope that Dalot can step up right away.

Malcom and Bailey seem to be the best realistic options in my eyes. That is if the latter is truly comfortable on the right (mostly seen him on the left).
Dalot won't be able to step up right away, as he's injured until sept, knee injury I believe. Take him a while to get his fitness up and then get used to the league/club. Hoping he can still make an impact but could be later in the yr before we see it.

bucky

Dalot won't be able to step up right away, as he's injured until sept, knee injury I believe. Take him a while to get his fitness up and then get used to the league/club. Hoping he can still make an impact but could be later in the yr before we see it.
Should have worded it differently. I am hoping that he's a first choice player sooner than later, meaning we won't have to wait until his second season.

Status
Not open for further replies.