Rio Ferdinand

Nickelodeon

@Wumminator If it’s of any help, I completely second every single argument you’ve put out there.

For people to call out being anti-Qatar bid as being racist is as ridiculous an argument as it can get. Sure, there will be a few people who will be against Qatar for the wrong and probably racist reasons (I personally don’t know a single such person but not denying that there wouldn’t be any). But the dominant argument has been the human rights issues and concerns with our club being owned by a state.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I have no idea why any of you even care whether or not some people who are against the Qatari bid are racists. That’s like arguing whether or not some people whose name begins with a vowel are racist. I mean, yeah, sure. You can’t really argue against that (unless your name is wumminator)

The only thing that matters here is whether or not there are some people against the Qatari bid who are not racist and happen to have coherent, rational and convincing reasons for their objections. Because assuming those people exist, then they should be heard. And trying to imply that their opinions is basically indistinguishable from what racists think is a shitty thing to do.

But anyway. Rio Ferdinand. I like him. He’s flawed (who isn’t?) but he’s a very likeable guy.

Last edited:

Bert_

Another thread that's a prime example of why oligarchs and autocratic regimes want to buy football clubs. The PL have a lot to answer for letting Abramovich start this nonsense.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I have no idea why any of you even care whether or not some people who are against the Qatari bid are racists. That’s like arguing whether or not some people whose name begins with a vowel are racist. I mean, yeah, sure. You can’t really argue against that (unless your name is wumminator)

The only thing that matters here is whether or not there are some people against the Qatari bid who are not racist and happen to have coherent, rational and convincing reasons for their objections. Because assuming those people exist, then they should be heard. And trying to imply that their opinions is basically indistinguishable from what racists think is a shitty thing to do.

But anyway. Rio Ferdinand. I like him. He’s flawed (who isn’t?) but he’s a very likeable guy.
Why agree with me and throw me under the bus like that.

RC89

I am genuinely 100% baffled by this post. I can not imagine living my life viewing the world in this way.
What? Separating objective truth from biased opinion?

Rather than talking about how you feel, why not offer a rebuttal.

Sir Erik ten Hag

Another thread that's a prime example of why oligarchs and autocratic regimes want to buy football clubs. The PL have a lot to answer for letting Abramovich start this nonsense.
The PL will support Qatar too, as long as that lines up enough money for their pockets. :lol:

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
His AMA is going great :lol:

It's not bad at all. He answered majority of the questions, and it's not short answers either so fair feck to him(if it's him to be fair). Shite questions though.