Rival managers complaining about our penalties

Denis' cuff

My issue is more to do with inconsistency surrounding decisions. You'll see a penalty given for something one week and then not given the next. It's coincidence if certain teams get the benefit more than others, and these things balance themselves out over a season.It was the same last season when everyone was crying about VAR going our way. Swings and round abouts.

In all fairness the red card for Martial and Lamela not getting one for initiating the whole thing was ridiculous in terms of decisions against United this season. United don't lose that 6-1 if it's 10 vs 10.
Agree about the inconsistency. We’ve been saying it for years. It has suddenly become an issue now that Leicester have been given 10 penalties... wot? eh?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
It would be mighty rich of Jose to be parking a bus, playing Kane in midfield in a 9-1 formation and then complain about penalties. Ole should go out and say you need to be in the opposing box to win them you twats!

ash_86

Good to be back where everyone cries about us for no reason. During Fergie's time it was Howard Webb and now it's Var. I'm quite enjoying this burn we're causing to everyone :devil:

RashyForPM

We did but what Utd have had in the last 15 months or so is unprecedented. Unbelievable, really. Peak 1970 Brazil playing in the PL now would get less penalties I'm sure you'd agree.

Managers are just asking why this unprecedented behaviour now? It's not just cos Man Utd dribble in the penalty area more, or better, that's blatantly not true over say Salah/Mane or Sterling/KdB/Mahrez.
Because people take us out in the box more. We’ve only had one non-pen since lockdown, which was Bruno vs Villa. Let’s not be stupid here. Our number of pens since VAR just makes me think how screwed over we were before VAR.

gorky_utd

I just want us to beat both pool and spurs with a penalty from Bruno now.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Our central striker is arguably one of the beat dribblers in the league (some would argue better than his finishers) and our penalty taker is one of the best finishers in the league and has a penalty taking method that is near perfect.

That's it.

Lewnited

I honestly can't believe how idiotic some rival fans are, it goes beyond all logic :lol: What could honestly be the reasoning for us getting more penalties aside from the fact that our players spend more time dribbling in the box? Unless we are suggesting that the FA, EFL, PL and UEFA are all simultaneously conspiring to give United as many penalties as possible, I'm not really sure where the conversation goes from there.

Every team gets their share of fair and unfair decisions, just as we've had the Martial red, no punishment for Mings, the Lindelof handball etc. Our rival fans would be better placed channelling their aggression towards our opposition who seemingly can't resist fouling us in the box!

Member 90887

6-1 was it?
Yes, it was. What's your point? We never needed a red card to spank you guys. Left and right, and you used to like that.

Keep talking about it like it's your biggest achievement. Perhaps it is, since you haven't won a trophy since when? 2008. Even in one of our worst times and one of your best times, we won more trophies than you.

Cherish this memory enjoy the Jose bus ride.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Thanks all for your replies, I'm not the one raising these concerns about penalties. If you check the OP it's actually managers raising this question. I'm an interested observer just as everyone else is, and all we can do is discuss what managers are doing on internet forum such as this one. Or biases dictate which way we fall on the topic.

cyberman

No one's talking famine, just parity. I'll check the Leicester ones. I'm sure the managers will want them investigated too since their players are in the penalty area even less.
Maybe youd get more if you did anything else than spam crosses from your FBs that are easily headed away?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We have more pace and trickery in attack. That's all there is to it. We aren't getting any more favourable decisions as compared to other teams. Pogba, Martial, Rashford and Bruno are very hard to deal with.

amolbhatia50k

No one's talking famine, just parity. I'll check the Leicester ones. I'm sure the managers will want them investigated too since their players are in the penalty area even less.
You have parity. It's it fault your players can't create situations where they're actually fouled in the box.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
The first hint that Utd have got their act together and it's sending people crazy.

The PTSD from Fergie dominating English football for 20 years must be crippling.
Was thinking the same :lol:

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
You have parity. It's it fault your players can't create situations where they're actually fouled in the box.
I didn't watch the first half, was there a headlock on Salah? I think there was as there is enough talk about it online. Mane got clipped by Peters as much as Pogba did against Villa. Utd had two genuine claims both against Pogba in the villa game - got one of them. Liverpool's? Both not even deemed worthy to look at for more than 1.5 seconds due to...hmm... not enough to overrule, etc, or some crap. Utd will nearly always, always get at least one pen decision in their favour, making it hard to overrule against them. Other teams done get that 'favour'.

I know this is Utd forum so the bias lies the other way. But that's my bias in asking for parity, no wum.

Korwas

The last two seasons Liverpool and City scored a combined 371 goals, United scored 131. City and Liverpool combined got 27 penalties and united got 26 in those years. I don't really don't think United earned the same amount of penalties as City and Liverpool these last to seasons, it just dosent make sense to suggest it, but I don't think United bribed anyone either. I think United players were looking for penalties because the attack was so damn terrible, not earning penalties because it the attack was good like some suggest. I think that when a team is winning and playing well they are not looking for penalties, the last time Bayern led the Bundesliga in penalties was in 11-12, the last time they didn't win it.

Decomposing In Paris

Fair play to Klopp for trying to influence the ref in true Fergie style. Now, let’s see if he gets a Fergie style reprimand for it... because y’know... bias.

amolbhatia50k

I didn't watch the first half, was there a headlock on Salah? I think there was as there is enough talk about it online. Mane got clipped by Peters as much as Pogba did against Villa. Utd had two genuine claims both against Pogba in the villa game - got one of them. Liverpool's? Both not even deemed worthy to look at for more than 1.5 seconds due to...hmm... not enough to overrule, etc, or some crap. Utd will nearly always, always get at least one pen decision in their favour, making it hard to overrule against them. Other teams done get that 'favour'.

I know this is Utd forum so the bias lies the other way. But that's my bias in asking for parity, no wum.
Nope. You've had far too much fortune over the last couple of years. What you conveniently ignore is that despite getting penalties we also get a lot of decisions not going in our favour.

Jaxa

It's now getting to the point where media, pundits, fans etc are completely ignoring cold hard stats and numbers and throwing all kinds of fake information around to drive an agenda that just has no actual legs to it,

Look at that ars*ehole Richard Keys a few days ago saying about 20 of our 33 penalties awarded were not actual penalties ? I mean he pulled that from his backside because there is no evidence to support as such and it's complete lies,

Every single team will get the rub of the green at times, however apparently we get it a whole lot more than others which again just isn't true, for every "soft penalty" awarded to us you can equally go out and find triple the amount of fouls or bad reffing errors that went against us, as you could for probably every team in the league.

People get sucked in too easy without even bothering to look where this info came from, that's not just a footballing issue, it's the world we unfortunately live in now, clickbait sells and makes $$$$ so who cares about the truth

amolbhatia50k

So the referees are basically all Manchester United fans? Is that what you're trying to say? It's a little pathetic if so

lysglimt

Scout

Why would referees give United a penalty they didnt deserve ? I agree - Ferguson probably pressured referees into the odd penalty we didn't deserve, but do you think any referee feel threatened by Ole ?

the chameleon

You’re a WUM and should be culled. Yes, I k now, if you got a pound for each time that was said. Get onto RAWK, plenty of like-minded people to sulk. Or maybe you love posts like this! But seriously, what’s wrong with RAWK that you post on the forum of your eternal enemies?

lysglimt

Scout
It's now getting to the point where media, pundits, fans etc are completely ignoring cold hard stats and numbers and throwing all kinds of fake information around to drive an agenda that just has no actual legs to it,

Look at that ars*ehole Richard Keys a few days ago saying about 20 of our 33 penalties awarded were not actual penalties ? I mean he pulled that from his backside because there is no evidence to support as such and it's complete lies,

Every single team will get the rub of the green at times, however apparently we get it a whole lot more than others which again just isn't true, for every "soft penalty" awarded to us you can equally go out and find triple the amount of fouls or bad reffing errors that went against us, as you could for probably every team in the league.

People get sucked in too easy without even bothering to look where this info came from, that's not just a footballing issue, it's the world we unfortunately live in now, clickbait sells and makes $$$$ so who cares about the truth
If Keys were to have any credibility - he should list every penalty that was dubious - so that people could judge for themselves. But that is what is wrong with society today. I can think of 2 penalties we have received in the last 18 months that shouldn't have been given. In addition there were quite a few 50/50s - so for the sake of argument - let's say we received somewhere between 5-10 penalties which we were lucky to receive. But I can easily mention 3-4 penalties that we never received - and those are just the ones I can remember. So of course he doesn't have a case

Lewnited

So what do you actually think is happening here then? Every rival fan I see speaking about this is constructing sentences only out of rhetoricals and loaded questions :lol: What do you think the reasoning for our amount of penalties is, if it's not that we have players that consistently commit defenders in the box?

lysglimt

Scout

Oh and another thing - I have heard a lot of pundits giving their verdicts on that situation - the only person I have heard who said Liverpool should have had a penalty was Steve Nicol - not because he thought it was really obvious but because Stephens had his hand out a little bit and that had been given in similar situations before. But 3 other former Liverpool-players all agreed that none of them should have been given - in addition to a lot of other pundits. What does that tell you ? That United have the pundits in their pockets as well ? People like Hutchison, Burley etc who LOVE United :)

Haddock

All it takes is for United to be semi-competent for a month and a half for our long-time, rational, resident opposition posters to start foaming at the mouth. I'm sure they feel like Warren Beatty in The Parallax View.

They'll go back to normal when we inevitably slip down the table again.
Not sure about rival managers, but feel Fernandes plays a part with rival fans. There's just something about the man and the way he takes penalties.
It's his face. He has a rodent-like vibe about him that annoys rival fans no end. I love it! :lol:

cyberman

Pl
Oh and another thing - I have heard a lot of pundits giving their verdicts on that situation - the only person I have heard who said Liverpool should have had a penalty was Steve Nicol - not because he thought it was really obvious but because Stephens had his hand out a little bit and that had been given in similar situations before. But 3 other former Liverpool-players all agreed that none of them should have been given - in addition to a lot of other pundits. What does that tell you ? That United have the pundits in their pockets as well ? People like Hutchison, Burley etc who LOVE United :)
Plus its not a pen if it hits the defenders arm as hes going to ground.
So theres that. The laws of the game. Conspiracy!

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Nope. You've had far too much fortune over the last couple of years. What you conveniently ignore is that despite getting penalties we also get a lot of decisions not going in our favour.
So do we but they're also always very conveniently ignored on here.

Everyone thought that "VAR would straighten things out" and our luck would go away after that. Then it became clear that we actually benefited from VAR (not as much as Utd by the way) and it became LiVARpool. It'll always be something, if you're not on top then you're looking for excuses why your rivals are: it's something Utd fans used to mock Liverpool fans and other fans with and now this forum has become infected with loads of people doing exactly the same. "Easy schedule, unreal injury luck, opposition GK howlers", the list goes on and on.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins

See, when you use wording like that you are implying that English football is institutionally corrupt and biased towards United.

What we are actually seeing though is a growing movement to try to influence officials against United. The quite scandalous insinuations by Keys and Gray, numerous other mentions throughout the media, and now the PL managers seem to be concocting reasons to raise it whenever possible. All of this in a time where we have VAR and all penalty decisions are checked and double-checked.

It really is a compliment to United, and that's a positive for us. I'm sure the team will use this to motivate themselves. However it won't be funny anymore when a 60/40 penalty decision isn't given to us because the referee might have this in mind.

Anustart89

You're conveniently just quickly mentioning the fact that Pogba was struck with a flying elbow nowhere near the ball and didn't get anything for it. If there was a pro-United conspiracy among the referees, surely the VAR would've taken the three minute break while Pogba was bleeding to actually instruct the referee that he should give a penalty, no? After all, it is possible to get more than one penalty in a game, which you should know since you got three in the same game against us once.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
So do we but they're also always very conveniently ignored on here.

Everyone thought that "VAR would straighten things out" and our luck would go away after that. Then it became clear that we actually benefited from VAR (not as much as Utd by the way) and it became LiVARpool. It'll always be something, if you're not on top then you're looking for excuses why your rivals are: it's something Utd fans used to mock Liverpool fans and other fans with and now this forum has become infected with loads of people doing exactly the same. "Easy schedule, unreal injury luck, opposition GK howlers", the list goes on and on.
So you come here and insult us since you're so angry this morning.
You may like to know that It's still LiVARpool with the added * and Mane is such a cnut with his diving which he has been doing all his professional career - got him so many penalties which should never ever have even been given.
Klopp (the moaner) and others like you with your comments make our day today. :D

My issue is more to do with inconsistency surrounding decisions. You'll see a penalty given for something one week and then not given the next. It's coincidence if certain teams get the benefit more than others, and these things balance themselves out over a season.It was the same last season when everyone was crying about VAR going our way. Swings and round abouts.

In all fairness the red card for Martial and Lamela not getting one for initiating the whole thing was ridiculous in terms of decisions against United this season. United don't lose that 6-1 if it's 10 vs 10.
We were denied a handball penalty in our last game that would have been given at the start of the season. It goes both ways and we dont have more penalties than other attacking teams in the league.

Anyway, it's like being back in the Fergie days. All we need now is Ole to start stirring the media.