Robbie Savage - commentator

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Love him and his enthusiasm, especially this season when he's fawning over Ronaldo!

VIVA RONALDO! GOODNIGHT
He picked UTD to win the league before the season started (on Talksport) think he has a love hate relationship with the club tbh

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Sorry. But I cannot stand the man. Talks total rubbish and just repeats himself.
He often tries to belittle people who don't agree with him. Which is quite often.

Baneofthegame

The mad thing was that while they were waiting on the sidelines, Young Boys did make a substitution! I'm not sure why our lads didn't go on at the same time, it looked like they were ready (at least on TV - maybe someone who was in the stadium can tell us if they were still getting instructions at that point?)
They had a chance to make the subs when Young Boys made a sub on the 86th minute. They refused and waited.
Yeah I saw this and thought it was strange, we also took a free kick at one point as well instead of bringing them on.

lsd

The Oracle
"Gary Lineker has jokingly tweeted after Robbie Savage's son, Charlie, made his Manchester United debut yesterday evening, claiming: "If he’s got half of his dad's ability then he’ll be absolutely hopeless."

The tongue-in-cheek tweet was sent shortly after Charlie replaced Juan Mata in United's 1-1 draw with Young Boys at Old Trafford.

The 18-year-old attacking midfielder, who has risen through the Academy process with the Reds, has already achieved a feat his dad failed to by making a first-team debut for the club.

Father Savage, who spoke to BT Sport before the game and was on co-commentary duty during it, spent time with United as a youngster before forging a professional career elsewhere. "

didn't know that Robbie Savage has become a priest? :D

Minds me of Philip Mulryne ex United United player quit football and is now a priest

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Games where he's commentating genuinely feel enjoyable. He's a proper muppet. It's MUTV-esque.
Big time. My favourite was for Ronaldo's winner against Villareal he was over the moon, said Ronaldo's name so many times while getting progressively louder.
If I haven't linked the video properly it's around 6:55

Pearl.Jam

As a fellow north Wales guy I don’t mind him at all, actually think he’s pretty funny and fair do’s to him, he’s made a great living from being a pretty average footballer..

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
As a fellow north Wales guy I don’t mind him at all, actually think he’s pretty funny and fair do’s to him, he’s made a great living from being a pretty average footballer..
I remember Savage at Crewe. Wisp of a lad, and a bit more quality on the ball than the heavy set, abrasive hard working scuffler he became known for.

pascell

Every right to be proud, his kid was great today I felt. He was a nice, calming presence in midfield.

If he had Matic to mentor from for a year, to learn how to use his body and shield the ball, he'd be a first team squad player the season after imo.

klayton88

I'd really love to dig him. Salty because his son didn't make it and rambles on like me when I accidently do sativas. He should be nowhere near commentary, he achieved nothing in the game and talks like he's won it all.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
He couldn't come up with the words to explain his defense (and glee) of the red card when pressed by his commentating partner at the start of the second half.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
What a cnut he is. Screaming penalty when it was against us and he's not so sure of the Copenhagen one. :lol:

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
The heel turn since we sold his kid has been bizarre. He was like listening to fan zone during our Europa games last season. Now it's the opposite.

He was/is also a Ronaldo fanboy. Is he mad about that too?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
His son is on loan isn't he gaining vital experience in a very difficult situation given Reading are in complete turmoil.

He's also broken into the Wales squad in last few months with the loan spell so I don't see what he'd be bitter about?

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
His son is on loan isn't he gaining vital experience in a very difficult situation given Reading are in complete turmoil.

He's also broken into the Wales squad in last few months with the loan spell so I don't see what he'd be bitter about?
He's not on loan, it's permanent.

El Zoido

He’s not on loan, we sold him.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He’s not on loan, we sold him.
Oh right, my apologies. Reading are completely broke currently so surprised they could afford it unless it was a nominal fee as he's getting Wales caps so value will only increase from this point.

always_hoping

I had to settle for Brian Kerr on Virgin media, the fella never stopped talking utter shite and the main commentator struggled to get a word in then in the studio that bloody awful pundit Richard Dunne with a big stupid smirk on his face.