Robbie Savage - commentator

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
At least we get a commentator whom is not completely ABU.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Wholesome stuff. Got me a bit as a newish dad. Was willing him on to not do something calamitous

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Anyone got a sound bit of him when his son came on ? He was doing the commentary for some channel. Such a beautiful thing to watch as a father.

Red00012

Robbie went silent for a few mins , his young fella must have been on the sideline for 5 mins waiting to come on :D

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Enjoyed that part of this game.

Something about fathers and sons in sport that pulls on the heart string

lsd

The Oracle
Robbie went silent for a few mins , his young fella must have been on the sideline for 5 mins waiting to come on :D

I was losing my head at that point seemed like we couldn't get the board to work then the ball wouldn't go out.

God knows how he coped with it :lol:

lsd

The Oracle
Gotta say the kid looked decent when he came on. We certainly need more midfield talent and he didn't look out of place playing in the first team

Brophs

The One and Only
Wholesome stuff. Got me a bit as a newish dad. Was willing him on to not do something calamitous
Yep. This stuff absolutely kills me since having kids.

Albeit then I remembered them both behaving like utter copper-bottomed twats the last two days and it wore off and I ate another biscuit.

BehemothTerror

Proud for Robbie on a human level, seemed very humble about the whole thing and loved that he kept mentioned it was a big moment for Iqbal too.

Just hope he doesnt do a Paul Ince about his son further down the line xD

Smores

Lovely moment that. His son will be able to wind up Robbie with that stat for some time :smirk:

Jack-C20

Was nice to be a part of. Thought it was funny when Darren mentioned we probably wouldn’t hear from Robbie for a while and I laughed, and he was literally silent for ages :lol:

I remember Robbie mentioning his boy a few times before this but I didn’t realise he was this close to the first team.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Really happy for him, was lovely to see.

Tee27

Was lovely to see the emotion from savage which anyone in that position would be. Happy for them.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Nice moment. There was a point where Charlie played a nice ball inside towards the end and you heard Robbie, off mic, go “YES”. :lol:

It was a nice pass, but a simple one, but the reaction was just that of a dad so nervous for his boy. I was begging the GK to flap at it and let him have a shot right at the end

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I've always liked Robbie Savage. That was nice to see. His kid has got one over his dad. He actually managed to make an appearance for United.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Yep. This stuff absolutely kills me since having kids.

Albeit then I remembered them both behaving like utter copper-bottomed twats the last two days and it wore off and I ate another biscuit.
My son ate 2 chalk crayons today. He’s an idiot.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
"Somebody kick the ball out of play!" :lol:

Robbie Savage is great honest commentator, quite a breath of a fresh air compared to Gary Neville and co. Won't win a trophy for the most unbiased "journalist" but surely he's enjoyable to commentate. Very happy for him and his son. Nice moment from the game.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
If his son makes it as a Premier league player, will he be able to stay neutral on commentary?

I know Peter Schmeichel has been a pundit on games with Kasper but that's a bit different as he's not reacting in the moment.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
"Somebody kick the ball out of play!" :lol:

Robbie Savage is great honest commentator, quite a breath of a fresh air compared to Gary Neville and co. Won't win a trophy for the most unbiased "journalist" but surely he's enjoyable to commentate. Very happy for him and his son. Nice moment from the game.

Yeah I remember during the Euros he was one of the Wales games and he obviously wanted them to do well. It was so so enjoyable to hear someone being so excited about international football even though he was very biased