Robbie Savage - commentator

KingCavani

"Somebody kick the ball out of play!" :lol:

Robbie Savage is great honest commentator, quite a breath of a fresh air compared to Gary Neville and co. Won't win a trophy for the most unbiased "journalist" but surely he's enjoyable to commentate. Very happy for him and his son. Nice moment from the game.
Savage is trash and Neville is twice the pundit/commentator.

Varane around town

I don't like Savage.

However, you couldn't but be moved by his reaction to his son making his debut.

It was very wholesome

RuudTom83

Rio teasing Robbie (before the game) about his son eclipsing everything he had achieved in his career (if he had a substitution appearance tonight) was fun to watch.

You can’t not feel emotional for the savage family.

KingCavani

Oh behave. That’s really you first response to a post about a proud dad getting emotional about his son making a debut for Manchester United?
I’m sorry. He said he was a good commentator when week in week out he’s an absolute bellend who brings nothing to the table but hyperbolic nonsense.

Baneofthegame

89th min ffs. That’s an Ole special. At least could have give the lad 10 minutes.
Pretty sure they were trying to get him on from the 82nd minute, took seven minutes for an opportunity to get him on.

Happy for Savage, must of been a special moment for both of them.

Golden Nugget

Couldn't stand Savage as a player, but love him as a co-commentator. Shows passion and doesn't try to be an unbiased robot like the others.

Really happy for the Savage family tonight - the interview before the game got me teary, and fair play for Fletcher to allow him to announce his son was coming on. It was a great touch

Foxbatt

Isn't he actually part of the class of 92 in a way? He won the Youth Cup in That team for United.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Isn't he actually part of the class of 92 in a way? He won the Youth Cup in That team for United.
Yeah he was part of the team but didn't make it to the United first team. Probably why he remained a little bitter towards us in his playing career.

I quite like him since though, he doesn't take himself too seriously. I'd rather have somebody like him as co commentator than the likes of Genius Jenas

Foxbatt

Yeah he was part of the team but didn't make it to the United first team. Probably why he remained a little bitter towards us in his playing career.

I quite like him since though, he doesn't take himself too seriously. I'd rather have somebody like him as co commentator than the likes of Genius Jenas
He was not a bad player. I mean Robbie Savage at his best would get into our current midfield.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He's a good co-commentator. He doesn't really tell you anything you don't already know, but he provides enthusiasm to the spectacle, which is important, particularly when a game is a dead rubber. Leave the micro-analysis to the guys in the studio, you don't really need that in a co-com. The ones that do micro-analyse tend to be the duller co-commentators anyway.

He's seemed a bit biased towards us recently, perhaps because of his gushing over Ronaldo, but it hasn't always been that way. I remember in the LvG and Mourinho years, he was sticking the boot in quite a lot.

Pleased for him though, that clip from before the game was brilliant.

Siorac

Pretty sure they were trying to get him on from the 82nd minute, took seven minutes for an opportunity to get him on.
The mad thing was that while they were waiting on the sidelines, Young Boys did make a substitution! I'm not sure why our lads didn't go on at the same time, it looked like they were ready (at least on TV - maybe someone who was in the stadium can tell us if they were still getting instructions at that point?)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Really nice moment for him.

For all the people bantering about how his son has already played more for United than Robbie ever did, let's not overlook the fact that
Savage was a premier league regular for years and years, captaining a couple of sides too.

His son has it all to do to make it in the premier league at all.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Really nice moment for him.

For all the people bantering about how his son has already played more for United than Robbie ever did, let's not overlook the fact that
Savage was a premier league regular for years and years, captaining a couple of sides too.

His son has it all to do to make it in the premier league at all.
5 minutes for Manchester United > being Leicester captain

IrishRedDevil

Happy for Savage, must of been a special moment for both of them.
They had a chance to make the subs when Young Boys made a sub on the 86th minute. They refused and waited.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
They had a chance to make the subs when Young Boys made a sub on the 86th minute. They refused and waited.
Why do you have to moan about absolutely everything. He got on the pitch and everyone’s happy he had that moment.

Don’t think they give a toss he could’ve had 3 minutes extra.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Heartwarming from Robbie, you can see how touchy of a moment that is. Well done to the kid and to you Robbie.
Yeah it was a really lovely moment all round. Robbie called it the proudest day of his life as well

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Was a great moment. I was willing us to get forward right at the end - imagine if he bagged the winner

Foxbatt

"Gary Lineker has jokingly tweeted after Robbie Savage's son, Charlie, made his Manchester United debut yesterday evening, claiming: "If he’s got half of his dad's ability then he’ll be absolutely hopeless."

The tongue-in-cheek tweet was sent shortly after Charlie replaced Juan Mata in United's 1-1 draw with Young Boys at Old Trafford.

The 18-year-old attacking midfielder, who has risen through the Academy process with the Reds, has already achieved a feat his dad failed to by making a first-team debut for the club.

Father Savage, who spoke to BT Sport before the game and was on co-commentary duty during it, spent time with United as a youngster before forging a professional career elsewhere. "

didn't know that Robbie Savage has become a priest? :D

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Wouldn't shock me if we never see him play for the first time again, but that was lovely stuff. Robbie is a red.
Ralf clearly likes putting the youth team in at the deep end, I for one am (somewhat) confident we’ll see him again at some point this season.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Love him and his enthusiasm, especially this season when he's fawning over Ronaldo!

VIVA RONALDO! GOODNIGHT

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Happy for him getting to see his son make his debut. Must have been such a proud moment for them all. Also for the other boy, Zidane Iqbal. First South East Asian to play for the first team, quite a moment. Hopefully RR makes this a habit of giving the youngsters a few minutes like this. Would love nothing more than a team full of youth products interlaced with a few older players.