Robert Lewandowski | Ballbag: 'United and Chelsea have spoken to representatives'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
'Sky Sources'

We have more information on the breaking story around Robert Lewandowski.

Chelsea and Manchester United have both held preliminary talks to try to lure Bayern Munich’s striker to the Premier League, Sky Sports News HQ understands.

The Polish forward is unhappy at Bayern and has made it clear he feels manager Carlo Ancelotti and his team-mates let him down last season.

Sky Sports News HQ’s Guillem Balague says both Chelsea and Manchester United have spoken to Lewandowski’s representatives.

He believes Lewandowski’s preferred choice at this stage is Stamford Bridge. However, United are thought to be very keen on landing the 28-year old forward and held talks as recently as yesterday.

The striker signed a new contract with Bayern in December, keeping him at the club until 2021, but was "disappointed" over a perceived lack of support at Bayern in his hunt for the golden boot.

He told the Polish Super-Express: "I was not really happy with how my team helped me. I was annoyed and disappointed with the team's attitude.”

Mister_Stubbs

He won't leave.

The sooner we get back to chasing players we have a good chance of signing the better. To much time has been wasted chasing unlikely players already.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
This seems to be commonplace this Summer.

I wonder if I go to my manager and say how disappointed I am with my working conditions will I get a pay rise or my P45?

Think I'll keep quiet.

prath92

This is not going to happen. We have a better chance of signing Thomas Muller this year

fatboy

Nothing story. He probably wants a bit more love from his manager next season and will likely get it.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Bullshit about these big players leaving big clubs is actually making me less interested in muppet season.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Wants out because he didn't have enough support going for the golden boot?

Sounds like exactly the sort of team player we're looking for.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It's probably true that we've spoken to his representatives. But that means feck all. I'm sure clubs speak to the agents of several players. Means the square root of feck all, just a slow news day on skysports so they chuck a yellow background and call it breaking.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I am beginning to hate this window.
We can speak to his agent all we want.
Bayern are not selling.

Craig Ward

Can't believe LVG wanted to get him for 100m. We would have been the laughing stoke of the market for years if this transfer had happened.
Why would we be the laughing stock?

He is one of the top strikers in the world. Would people laugh if we signed a player of this quality?

I think signing shit like Fellaini makes us a laughing stock tbh.

I don't think he will come to utd in any case, but it wouldn't be a bad signing, whatever the price

el3mel

Why would we be the laughing stock?

He is one of the top strikers in the world. Would people laugh if we signed a player of this quality?

I think signing shit like Fellaini makes us a laughing stock tbh.

I don't think he will come to utd in any case, but it wouldn't be a bad signing, whatever the price
He's not.

Von Mistelroum

If there's any truth to this, I bloody hope he stays at Bayern. If he's at Chelsea next season, with the team they already have, we're not getting close and neither is anyone else.

Angelinho

Why would Balague be the source if this had legs? He's of questionable reliability on La Liga matters, but a Polish Player based in Germany?

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Can't believe LVG wanted to get him for 100m. We would have been the laughing stoke of the market for years if this transfer had happened.
Yet people on here lapped it up like it was a world class signing. The fact that it was confirmed that we did actually bid that much should tell you all you need to know about how our club is being run.

el3mel

Of course he is
Of course he's not. What's your top 10 list of strikers currently ? Will you put Muller in even the top 5 up there with the likes of Suarez and Lewa ?

Hes not even a striker, but he is a really good player and would have improved us a lot. A poor season doesn't change that
I don't see how we would have fit him in a good system and I'm sure LVG wanted him as a striker.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Of course he's not. What's your top 10 list of strikers currently ? Will you put Muller in even the top 5 up there with the likes of Suarez and Lewa ?

I don't see how we would have fit him in a good system and I'm sure LVG wanted him as a striker.
I think he would have been good for us as a striker considering who we had. But as a wide forward or playing off a striker he would have been brilliant. Its like you forget the players we had playing in those positions.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
And on to the next one :rolleyes:

Big sides need to get actually signing players to give the media something legitimate to write about.

el3mel

I think he would have been good for us as a striker considering who we had. But as a wide forward or playing off a striker he would have been brilliant. Its like you forget the players we had playing in those positions.
It's true that he's better than the sorts of Lingard but if you're paying 100m you should get the best.

Ole90+3

I'm sorry man. I thought it was in reference to Lewa. Oops.

Yeah, Muller isn't a striker and would be pretty useless in our set up imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.