Robert Lewandowski | Barcelona

caid

Hes just too isolated in that team. Stick Bruno or Muller around him and he'd be drastically more dangerous.
He had both Martinez and Varane on top of him for the vast majority of the game and the next closest player was Casemiro. He wasn't given much of a chance. Delivery was somewhere between non existent and crap in both ties too.

Suedesi

He's just going through a rough patch for a month or so now. Happens to the biggest legends of the game.

Even an off form Lewandowski scored the pen, nearly converted the equiliser cleared by Varane(tbh that was a great finish placed perfectly from a tough angle under pressure; it's just Varane's brilliance that prevented it). The class is permanent. The guy has like 650 plus career goals already.

He looked a bit disinterested in the tie. But he still looks pretty fast without the ball. Think Barcelona have major tactical issues, an overhyped squad and their version of Ole at the helm.

Least of Barca's problems at the moment. Folks writing him off will eat their words in a couple of months. I remember everyone on here wrote him off in 2018 when he was linked to United. After that he dominated the sport for a long time. Just a blip.
He's a stat padder - never came through for Bayern in really crunch matches. Inferior to Mandzukic in big game clutch moments.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

I'm sure he won't feel too bad about moving as long as he wins La Liga (unless Bayern wins the CL this year I guess).
I understand the big game criticism and all that since he is a striker that is heavily reliant on service which his team struggles to provide him with against stronger teams but still he has 25 goals in 30 games this season overall so he's the least of Barca's problems, they deserved to go out and Lewandowski shouldn't be getting flak for failing to put on his best Messi costume and carry them through a game where they are being outplayed.

ti vu

So Dortmund made him stay. SAF retired, and we didn't go for him again under our next managers. Little did they know they're helping Bayern dominance for decades to come, especially when Lewandowski joined them for free and had his fair share of contribution.

Should have taken the money, replace him there. That would at least having him at Bayern all these years.

On another note, Klopp loves to rub it in our faces, doesn't he? Disneyland story, all the mention of the offside goal, and now this.

cyberman

So he had Ronaldo lined up for a return and had Lewandowski wanting to move to us.
What could have fecking been

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Robert Lewandowski has joined Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo as the only players in history to reach 100 goals in UEFA club competitions.

This guy is still going strong at 35.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Anyone else feels he's very underrated here on the CAF? His career is incredible at every level and he's right behind Messi and Ronaldo in almost all of these lists. One of the greatest players of the modern era. I'm a big fan.

Fergie almost signed him for United back in the day.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
surprised to see aubameyang in there.

Oranges038

Anyone else feels he's very underrated here on the CAF? His career is incredible at every level and he's right behind Messi and Ronaldo in almost all of these lists. One of the greatest players of the modern era. I'm a big fan.

Fergie almost signed him for United back in the day.
He would have signed for Blackburn, if it weren't for that pesky volcano.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
I like the guy but he was again completely useless tonight
He has seriously declined over the last couple of years. There were points at Dortmund and Bayern where he was one of the very best strikers in Europe, but he’s way way off that now. I thought quite a few Barca players were average.

RuudTom83

He’s 36 years old in a few months…so I don’t think we should judge him too harshly.

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
He has seriously declined over the last couple of years. There were points at Dortmund and Bayern where he was one of the very best strikers in Europe, but he’s way way off that now. I thought quite a few Barca players were average.
You can erase the ‘one of the’ part. He was clearly the best striker for a period, and should have been rewarded with a Ballon d’Or. He’s almost 36 now, and clearly not a shadow of what he used to be.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I like the guy but he was again completely useless tonight
Bayern got the timing right for the sale and got a really good price. Barca's contract is at least one year too long and of course highly remunerated (in my opinion, the length of the contract was one of the main reasons why he left Bayern).
Undeniably one of the best strikers of the last 10 or 15 years and of course he's now at an age where he's declined. I don't watch Barca apart from the Classico and a few CL games, but he was already criticised last year, wasn't he? His goals and Barca's title compensated for that, of course, and rightly so.