Robert Lewandowski | Barcelona

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

El clásico should be tasty next year. Two of the best #9s in the world going against each other.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Interesting that the report of “unreported fees” being made were said by Bayern to have helped Barca “save face”.
OR it was to help Barca with the fact that they were spending a level on players they aren’t allowed to?

OR that they paid more in up front agent fees than they said they couldn’t put together to pay what’s owed to their current player?

Fantastic stuff. More than a club.

Threesus

The pull of real and Barcelona is just different, man. How many thrashings have Bayern dished out to Barcelona in recent years? And they still couldn’t stop lewandowski leaving for Barcelona. Hope we can one day have that kind of pull.

edcunited1878

The pull of real and Barcelona is just different, man. How many thrashings have Bayern dished out to Barcelona in recent years? And they still couldn’t stop lewandowski leaving for Barcelona. Hope we can one day have that kind of pull.
United don't need to pull any player, just need to identify and attract the right profile necessary for them to help the team win. More than enough players to want to play for United. And you can't say that United just pay more than others, while it is similar to other top clubs in countries like Spain, Germany, etc. Big clubs will pay top dollar.

Barcelona is a destination city for it's culture, lifestyle, and sport in general. For someone that wealthy and in a footbal career in demand, it's not a difficult choice. The lack of serious competition and resources outside two, three clubs at most in La Liga makes it an easy destination for the best players.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
People forget how sensible some players probably are.

He’s got young kids, both of whom will now go into a Spanish school, grow up on the beach in a far nicer City than Munich, in the sunshine.

Very well timed as a human, leaving all the football aside. Massive contract (less p/w but for a far longer term). Play for another huge club side.

The fella is living his best life.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets

He’s got young kids, both of whom will now go into a Spanish school, grow up on the beach in a far nicer City than Munich, in the sunshine.

Very well timed as a human, leaving all the football aside. Massive contract (less p/w but for a far longer term). Play for another huge club side.

Munich is a nice city tbf, the climate probably better in Barca though.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Munich is a nice city tbf, the climate probably better in Barca though.
Munich is alright. I really like being in Germany and have been loads of times but couldn’t live there for long as a footballer. I’d move to Berlin in a heartbeat and stay forever but it’s not really an option for top footballers.

Barcelona makes Munich look average though.

Big Andy

Bloke

Shite TikTok dances will be more aesthetically pleasing with a beach as a backdrop.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Munich is alright. I really like being in Germany and have been loads of times but couldn’t live there for long as a footballer. I’d move to Berlin in a heartbeat and stay forever but it’s not really an option for top footballers.

Barcelona makes Munich look average though.
Munich's standard of living (if one can afford it), is pretty high and is on par with most cities in the world. In the end its a subjective preference.
Anyway, he was open to a contract extension in Munich, but it stalled very early on reportedly because he was unhappy about the duration of the new contract. Maybe I am getting something wrong and someone can correct me: Lewy's contract was running one more year till 2023 and Bayern wanted to extend it to 2024. Now he has a contract till 2026 in Barcelona. I don't doubt, that he might earn a few quid less per year but two more years is pretty substantial. The total guaranteed financial compensation is going to be substantially higher, Barca's should be very competitive in the short run and playing for them might give him more exposure (if he continues at his current level). Its easy to understand why he fancies a move without coming up with made up explanations.

Its his decision and there is always some noise when big players leave. The fans should be far more understanding in these situations. Fortunately the bosses were full of praise for him. He is a Bayern legend and he deserves it.

::sonny::

Robbed by his own fans while signing autographs at Barcelona training center, the 5th lever

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Robbed by his own fans while signing autographs at Barcelona training center, the 5th lever

Pissing down with rain, getting his watch robbed off his wrist?

Lovely place that Barca :lol:

fck

Supports
Bayern
Just FYI. This Visegrad24 account is not a reliable news account but a far right polish propaganda account with an obvious agenda. They sadly auquired a lot of new unsuspecting followers in wake of the Ukraine war.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Just FYI. This Visegrad24 account is not a reliable news account but a far right polish propaganda account with an obvious agenda. They sadly auquired a lot of new unsuspecting followers in wake of the Ukraine war.
They seem to have a sense of humor.

::sonny::

fck

Supports
Bayern
@::sonny::
sorry I wasn't clear enough. I wasn't trying to imply that the story was made up but that the source has a questionable agenda.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Some people actually doubted this guy's ability to score in their favourite leagues. :lol:

Already hit the ground running in Spain with 2 consecutive Player of the Match performances.

Absolute legend of the game.

Ace_Ventura

The second goal that he scored was absolute art, it's a straight contest between him and Benzema now.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Some people actually doubted this guy's ability to score in their favourite leagues. :lol:

Already hit the ground running in Spain with 2 consecutive Player of the Match performances.

Absolute legend of the game.
Who in their right mind would question if Lewy can score in La Liga?

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Great flexibility for his age.

From the replay angles, it seems like he intended the backheel finish as well. Cheeky stuff.

Who in their right mind would question if Lewy can score in La Liga?
Oh trust me mate, there are many such people. Just because he played in Germany. :lol: