Robert Lewandowski | Barcelona

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
Lewa has one of the best workouts from footballer and that’s one of the reasons he has performed well for almost 10 years and rarely injured. He has also practiced martial-arts like kick-boxing and judo.

Raiden Shogun

Supports
FC Barca
I was a little skeptical in regards to his age and the fee for a player of his age but he's incredible, never doubted his quality or ability to adapt to La Liga. He's the leader we badly needed for this young team.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Lewa has one of the best workouts from footballer and that’s one of the reasons he has performed well for almost 10 years and rarely injured. He has also practiced martial-arts like kick-boxing and judo.
It helps that his wife is a former karateka, personal trainer and a nutritionist. ;)

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
The man's having a blast in Spain. What on Earth is this?! :lol:

Cloud7

This guy is something else. He’s gone to a new team in a new league and he’s been scoring and playing like he’s been there for years.

wr8_utd

:'(
Lewa is going to get brilliant service all year if Barca can keep Pedri, Raphinha, and Dembele fit all season. He's a massive upgrade on Auba and well worth the price, even if a striker may not have looked like the most obvious position to upgrade for Barca in the summer.

wr8_utd

This guy is something else. He’s gone to a new team in a new league and he’s been scoring and playing like he’s been there for years.
It's also more than just the goals, it's his overall gameplay which has been very impressive and he's the striker that Barca have missed since Suarez's decline began. Would have been great to see Messi link-up with Lewa, honestly.

Mshafeek

He deserves more ballon d'ors. He is way better than anyone else playing currently.

troylocker

Top class and really nice goals. You’d expect him to score a few against Plzen at Nou Camp though. Let’s see if he can keep up with the crownprinces of football throughout the season.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
It's also more than just the goals, it's his overall gameplay which has been very impressive and he's the striker that Barca have missed since Suarez's decline began. Would have been great to see Messi link-up with Lewa, honestly.
I am glad more and more people are realizing this. Though I would have thought that they watched him at Bayern as well.

wr8_utd

Top class and really nice goals. You’d expect him to score a few against Plzen at Nou Camp though. Let’s see if he can keep up with the crownprinces of football throughout the season.
He's scoring in pretty much every game though and he's not even stat padding. He scores crucial first goal as well. He's also had two of his shots cleared off the line which ultimately became tap ins for others. He's just insanely productive right now and playing a key part in pretty much every goal Barca score. I do feel Barca need to manage him better and not play him in every single game. It's a long season this year and they shouldn't keep him on as long as they did in matches like yesterday.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Since 19-20 he has been the best player in the world.

wr8_utd

I am glad more and more people are realizing this. Though I would have thought that they watched him at Bayern as well.
People barely watch Liga also so all the hot takes on players often come after the CL games tbh.

troylocker

He's scoring in pretty much every game though and he's not even stat padding. He scores crucial first goal as well. He's also had two of his shots cleared off the line which ultimately became tap ins for others. He's just insanely productive right now and playing a key part in pretty much every goal Barca score. I do feel Barca need to manage him better and not play him in every single game. It's a long season this year and they shouldn't keep him on as long as they did in matches like yesterday.
I'm not trying to downplay his performance, because he played really well and showed his class. You can only beat what's in front of you after all.
You'd still expect this Barca team to crush Plzen and Lewa to score a few against them at home as they are (together with Maccabi Haifa) the weakest team(s) in the tournament. Any Barca player on the pitch is worth more than Plzen's entire squad. Why he played 90 minutes when they're leading 5-1 yesterday is beyond me with the matchprogram they have the next few weeks.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I'm not trying to downplay his performance, because he played really well and showed his class. You can only beat what's in front of you after all.
You'd still expect this Barca team to crush Plzen and Lewa to score a few against them at home as they are (together with Maccabi Haifa) the weakest team(s) in the tournament. Any Barca player on the pitch is worth more than Plzen's entire squad. Why he played 90 minutes when they're leading 5-1 yesterday is beyond me with the matchprogram they have the next few weeks.
He is indestructible and likes his goals.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
If he keeps this level of productivity up with the NT and Barcelona, he could actually end up on more goals than Ronaldo and Messi. I can see him getting between 40-50 for Barcelona for the next 3-4 seasons, plus another 8-10 each year for the NT.

3vra

If he keeps this level of productivity up with the NT and Barcelona, he could actually end up on more goals than Ronaldo and Messi. I can see him getting between 40-50 for Barcelona for the next 3-4 seasons, plus another 8-10 each year for the NT.
You do know that he is year younger then Messi right ? And in 4 years he will be 38 so 1 year older then Ronaldo is right now.
I am not only talking about him scoring less each year but even if you expect him to score that 40-50, Messi and Ronaldo could still put few in the back of the net themself.

As for NT i hope he continues to play as long as he can, because without him we lose all our power :/

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
You do know that he is year younger then Messi right ? And in 4 years he will be 38 so 1 year older then Ronaldo is right now.
I am not only talking about him scoring less each year but even if you expect him to score that 40-50, Messi and Ronaldo could still put few in the back of the net themself.

As for NT i hope he continues to play as long as he can, because without him we lose all our power :/
I don’t see Messi or Ronaldo adding significantly to their totals over the next couple of years. I do see Lewa keeping up the same rate of scoring he has done (ie 40+).

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Sure wasn't last season when Benzema and Mbappe have both been better than him.
Benzema, arguable. Mbappe, not for me.
Being the best in the world is as much about consistency for me as it is a single season.

I’d have La Liga > Bundesliga > Ligue 1 plus Lewa has won the CL in 19-20. I just think you have to look at the seasons prior to and post to judge a player as the best in the world and I don’t think there is anyone matching the ridiculous consistency of Lewa right now.

since 19-20 his record is 161 goals and 26 assists in 138 games. That’s madness.

izec

He is a top professional. Look how fit he is with 34 and to do a move to a top league at that age is impressive as well. Fantastic player

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Why he played 90 minutes when they're leading 5-1 yesterday is beyond me with the matchprogram they have the next few weeks.
He comes across as a well mannered man but the dude has one of the biggest egos in Football without a doubt. It is said some of his Bayern teammates hated him. Individual milestones and statistics mean the world to him. He also gets very petulant and angry when his teammates don't pass it to him. His personality type is a tad similar to Cristiano. It's all about him and his career.

That would be tough. Currently he's on around 630 career goals. But he's a machine physically so you never know!

Best player in the world since 2019
Since 19-20 he has been the best player in the world.
Have to agree with these "Silent" shouts. ;)
Pretty comfortably so over that entire period.
His consistency levels have been staggering and he's been getting Messi Ronaldo type numbers for approximately 4 years now.

Just came across these stats.

114 G/A in 107 games is insane.

Some of his numbers are frankly baffling to say the least!

Benzema, arguable. Mbappe, not for me.
Being the best in the world is as much about consistency for me as it is

since 19-20 his record is 161 goals and 26 assists in 138 games. That’s madness.
Benzema doesn't have the numbers over a big stretch of time to compete with Lewandowski. If you count goals from 2019/2020, even declined Messi and Ronaldo will have better numbers than Benzema in the best form of his life.

Lewandowski has been getting Messi Ronaldo level numbers for years now.

troylocker

Sure wasn't last season when Benzema and Mbappe have both been better than him.
You can't play in Ligue 1 (for a mastodont club in a squirrel league), not succeed in the CL, have a mare of a EURO and claim to have a better season than the guy who won the Golden shoe and scored 13 in the CL. Benzema has a legit claim for the 21/22 season though

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
looks like he is more in happy in Spain than he was in Germany. He never felt loved in Germany ?
It's probably true to say that he wasn't loved, but he also did little to appear lovable. He always made it clear that this is his job, never really connected to the fans etc.

He got respect from the fans for doing his job and delivering great performances, but that emotional bond other players have with their clubs just wasn't there, neither in Dortmund nor in München.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
He got respect from the fans for doing his job and delivering great performances, but that emotional bond other players have with their clubs just wasn't there, neither in Dortmund nor in München.
And I - as a fan - was completely fine about that since he was very transparent. He is world class and a very big reason for Bayern's dominance over the last years. But he will never be cheered (or missed) like Müller, Alaba, Ribery, Robben etc.

I do appreciate his approch over the "kissing the batch and leaving a year later" version. I am thankful to have had him at my club and I am not even mad about him scoring for Barca, though, I cannot stand that club at the moment.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
You can't play in Ligue 1 (for a mastodont club in a squirrel league), not succeed in the CL, have a mare of a EURO and claim to have a better season than the guy who won the Golden shoe and scored 13 in the CL. Benzema has a legit claim for the 21/22 season though
The Euro has nothing to do with domestic football. Mbappe was far better than Lewandowski over the year 2021. Whether it's the numbers, the performances, the individual impact in the CL, he was simply better. And Benzema is pretty much a lock for the ballon d'Or, so the whole 'BiTW since 2019 doesn't really work for Lewa'. Brilliant player though and looking back to his best, but last year was not the case. No one is objectively looking back at 2021 and saying Lewandowski was better than Mbappe. I also think it's super silly to try and act like Ligue 1 is leagues behind the Bundesliga since Ligue 1 players tend to find it easier over there than in Ligue 1. Not to mention the irony of popooing playing for a mastodont club in a squirrel league (really dumb term for any league) when Bayern's run that league to the ground 10 years in a row. Yay for logic. :lol: :houllier:

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
The Euro has nothing to do with domestic football. Mbappe was far better than Lewandowski over the year 2021. Whether it's the numbers, the performances, the individual impact in the CL, he was simply better. And Benzema is pretty much a lock for the ballon d'Or, so the whole 'BiTW since 2019 doesn't really work for Lewa'. Brilliant player though and looking back to his best, but last year was not the case. No one is objectively looking back at 2021 and saying Lewandowski was better than Mbappe. I also think it's super silly to try and act like Ligue 1 is leagues behind the Bundesliga since Ligue 1 players tend to find it easier over there than in Ligue 1. Not to mention the irony of popooing playing for a mastodont club in a squirrel league (really dumb term for any league) when Bayern's run that league to the ground 10 years in a row. Yay for logic. :lol: :houllier:
Mbappe was better in 2021?? Yeah, you are out of your mind. :lol:

Majority of Football fans were saying Lewandowski deserved to win the B' d or in 2021 and hence the "Robbed" shouts. Literally no one said Mbappe was better in 2021.

In 2021, Lewandowski had as many goals as Ronaldo had in his best ever year!

If we see the stats since 2019, Lewandowski is miles ahead of others including your French boys.

Hate to break this to you, but over the sample space in Football since 2019, Lewandowski has been far ahead of any French players you might be biased towards. :lol:

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Looks the best I've ever seen him at the moment. Seems to be expressing himself more and his range of technical ability.