g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Robert Lewandowski | Barcelona

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Main thing that stands out for me is his remarkable instincts with or without the ball. He seems to always know the best time to lay it off, make a run, or hold his position. Some of the one touch passes he makes to start moves are incredible.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Of course he does. Barca are their farmers :p
No they're cnuts. Nobody likes them except when they get humiliated

Yeah, i enjoyed watching bayern reduce them to potatoes

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Really looking forward for tomorrow's match. Lewy likes to score against his former sides. He has insane stats against Dortmund and I hope he will continue like that of course. Time to improve the statistics against Bayern. Although to be fair, most of the time both teams faced each other when the other one was in a very poor form. Tomorrow both teams looking good. At last a competitive duel between those 2.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Really looking forward for tomorrow's match. Lewy likes to score against his former sides. He has insane stats against Dortmund and I hope he will continue like that of course. Time to improve the statistics against Bayern. Although to be fair, most of the time both teams faced each other when the other one was in a very poor form. Tomorrow both teams looking good. At last a competitive duel between those 2.
Bayern is in poor form, far away from looking good.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Bayern is in poor form, far away from looking good.
I don't know, they looked very convincing against Inter. I wouldn't give those ties in the Bundesliga too much attention to be honest, since they'll win it anyways in the end. I believe the team with the least mistakes in the defense will win tomorrow. Both teams have a very strong attack which will exploit mistakes.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Will he celebrate if he scores against Bayern??

He doesn't seem to be a "kissing-the-badge" type of player at all.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
It's been good for him to have won the CL in 2020. Such a great career without a CL trophy would have hurt his rep.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I don't know, they looked very convincing against Inter. I wouldn't give those ties in the Bundesliga too much attention to be honest, since they'll win it anyways in the end. I believe the team with the least mistakes in the defense will win tomorrow. Both teams have a very strong attack which will exploit mistakes.
It has been their worst league start in ten years... and if you think they looked convincing against Inter you aren't really used to their typical level in the last years I think.

Will he celebrate if he scores against Bayern??

He doesn't seem to be a "kissing-the-badge" type of player at all.
Exactly, he is just the type of player who will celebrate his goals, but the team against which he scores doesn't really matter to him.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
It has been their worst league start in ten years... and if you think they looked convincing against Inter you aren't really used to their typical level in the last years I think.
Bayern performed well this season, better than the league results indicate. The last game against Stuttgart was the only one, where the performance was a bit off, but Bayern was still the better side and Nagelsmann rotated heavily.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Bayern performed well this season, better than the league results indicate. The last game against Stuttgart was the only one, where the performance was a bit off, but Bayern was still the better side and Nagelsmann rotated heavily.
Two or maybe three good games, only the opening games of the season in fact, where we scored around 15 goals in 3 games. After that our average gd approaches 0. Stuttgart could easily have won, too.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
Tomorrow Barca and Lewa are going to hell in that stadium. I hope they can overcome it and make history. Our squad is not weaker than theirs but our players still need more playtime together.

We need an rvn

Yeah, I'm not optimistic about tomorrow. Barca has a vendetta, we have a squad grumbling against the manager.
I thought Nagelsmann was meant to be boss of bosses? €25m to acquire him, on a big contract etc. Surely the Bayern hierarchy can't let player power take over as it would cost a fortune to sack him no?

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Tomorrow Barca and Lewa are going to hell in that stadium. I hope they can overcome it and make history. Our squad is not weaker than theirs but our players still need more playtime together.
That seems a wee bit overly dramatic to me but, if that's how you feel, then that's how it is.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I thought Nagelsmann was meant to be boss of bosses? €25m to acquire him, on a big contract etc. Surely the Bayern hierarchy can't let player power take over as it would cost a fortune to sack him no?
Bayern has players that desire success. If they execute their player power it is to get rid of a manager that's not up to their standard. So if his tactical ideas are not convincing for the squad he is gone.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
They let to of Ancelotti, after his winning stint at Madrid and before the decline with Napoli and Everton, because the players did not like his tactics, so I don't think Nagelsmann is above player power there.

The only managers who got the love and approval of the players were Heynckes, Pep and Flick so they have very high standards of coaching.

We need an rvn

They let to of Ancelotti, after his winning stint at Madrid and before the decline with Napoli and Everton, because the players did not like his tactics, so I don't think Nagelsmann is above player power there.

The only managers who got the love and approval of the players were Heynckes, Pep and Flick so they have very high standards of coaching.
Honest question then, are you saying Bayern got it wrong in appointing him? Surely his success at RB and his style of play should demand respect from the players and the backing of the board, not letting player power take over?

But if they did sack him, who in the current market would take on the job and get the respect from the players (Tuchel?)

Re ancelotti, I admit going to Everton was an odd choice given his resume of Milan / Chelsea / Real, but I disagree in your "decline" comment given his current success at Real in the CL over the last few years (I'm on purposely excluding the league as that is a given for them most years, as is the Bundasliga for yourselves , even with Nagelsmann at the helm ;) ).

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Honest question then, are you saying Bayern got it wrong in appointing him? Surely his success at RB and his style of play should demand respect from the players and the backing of the board, not letting player power take over?

But if they did sack him, who in the current market would take on the job and get the respect from the players (Tuchel?)

Re ancelotti, I admit going to Everton was an odd choice given his resume of Milan / Chelsea / Real, but I disagree in your "decline" comment given his current success at Real in the CL over the last few years (I'm on purposely excluding the league as that is a given for them most years, as is the Bundasliga for yourselves , even with Nagelsmann at the helm ;) ).
I meant to say decline in that you can argue if he came to Bayern after his stints at Napoli and Everton you could argue he was on the way down and his reputation wasn't as great as before, so there would be less surprising to hear the players not rating him highly.

The bad to start of the season is highly exaggerated I feel, Sommer had arguably the greatest goalkeeping performance in the recent Bundesliga history to keep Bayern from winning and they've generally been dominating matches but struggling with their finishing lately.

From the rumours it seems Nagelsmann is too strong a personality in the dressing room and is blaming the players. He's coming from situations where he could dominate a dressing room but now he's a much smaller fish in the pond and probably has to adapt to that.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Hat trick incoming tonight! I fancy Barca to beat Bayern.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Have the players actually stopped playing for him though? The stats says they haven’t… there still dominating games and have over 20 attempts. There just having a bit of bad luck with maybe finishing. The game against inter, they dominated. That shows players are still playing for him.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Have the players actually stopped playing for him though? The stats says they haven’t… there still dominating games and have over 20 attempts. There just having a bit of bad luck with maybe finishing. The game against inter, they dominated. That shows players are still playing for him.
They are playing for their own success, but that doesn't mean that they are convinced they have the right manager. When they had issues with Ancelotti some players basically made additional training sessions for themselves.

He wasn't much more successful than Rangnick or Hasenhüttl at Leipzig, he only has reaching a CL seminar as a strong result, everything else was simply on par for what is expected from Leipzig.

And his style of play is apparently what is causing issues as some players don't seem to think he gets it really right.

That doesn't mean he was the wrong choice right now, but it means he has to turn it around.

We need an rvn

I honestly don't know and I was replying to a comment that there were grumbles from the players about the manager, I was just questioning this as I was surprised at this given the lengths Bayern went through and the cost to sign him.

@hasanejaz88 Do you think this might be to do with his lack of stature as a player? You often hear stories of top players moaning when they have a manager who didn't play at their level that they don't understand certain things, is that a case of this at Bayern whereas he might not get that at RB?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
@hasanejaz88 Do you think this might be to do with his lack of stature as a player? You often hear stories of top players moaning when they have a manager who didn't play at their level that they don't understand certain things, is that a case of this at Bayern whereas he might not get that at RB?
Unlikely. Bayern's truly failed managers like Kovac, Klinsmann or Ancelotti weren't worse players than van Gaal, Flick or Guardiola, so i don't think that matters much there.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I was never really convinced by the hype, and was not a fan of how it came about at the time. If you recall, there was an all but public spat between Hansi Flick and Hasan Salihamidzic, and while i was all for Flick becoming our new national coach, i hated to see him leave at Bayern, especially under those less than ceremonious conditions. Getting Nagelsmann in seemed the next best thing, but needing to pay a large buyout didn't look smart. I'll say it will be a huge blow to Hasan's standing at Bayern should the Nagelsmann gamble be over so soon with nothing but one championship to show for it. Our players have proven themselves right before, when Ancelotti and Kovac were let go and they then went on to win it all with Flick. No idea who our next Flick or Heynckes could be this time around though, if Nagelsmann fails to become that guy.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I was never really convinced by the hype, and was not a fan of how it came about at the time. If you recall, there was an all but public spat between Hansi Flick and Hasan Salihamidzic, and while i was all for Flick becoming our new national coach, i hated to see him leave at Bayern, especially under those less than ceremonious conditions. Getting Nagelsmann in seemed the next best thing, but needing to pay a large buyout didn't look smart. I'll say it will be a huge blow to Hasan's standing at Bayern should the Nagelsmann gamble be over so soon with nothing but one championship to show for it. Our players have proven themselves right before, when Ancelotti and Kovac were let go and they then went on to win it all with Flick. No idea who our next Flick or Heynckes could be this time around though, if Nagelsmann fails to become that guy.
I don't really get why people are so concerned with fees for coaches. In times in which 100+m for top players are the norm, 20m for the most inportant person in the club isn't even that much, is it?

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I don't really get why people are so concerned with fees for coaches. In times in which 100+m for top players are the norm, 20m for the most inportant person in the club isn't even that much, is it?
Well, I did put it in the context of losing our most successful coach and being without a ready replacement, which didn't leave us with a lot of options, therefore i called it 'not smart'. We certainly wouldn't have paid that amount with a better planned transition. So it's less about the amount of money and more about how business was done there.

Korwas

Having yet another great season. One of the very best forwards of all time.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
He's winning the Man of the Match award in most of the Barcelona games. Wow!

He was the biggest reason why Bundesliga was so one sided. Bayern miss that consistency.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
8 goals in his first 6 la liga games - taking the league by storm
Him and Haaland both. The tough defenders of the non-farmer-leagues seem to not have gotten the memo about making scoring more difficult for them.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Nah! At this point, this guy is just a joke. Makes defenses look like clowns week in week out.

He has that rare combination of individual drive and greed to constantly score, Football IQ, immense technical ability and end product.

gibers

Another one. This guy has not had a big game performance in the cl since 2013. Just rides the wave when his team is doing well and goes missing. Missed 3 chances again today. Greatest stat padder of this era.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Another one. This guy has not had a big game performance in the cl since 2013. Just rides the wave when his team is doing well and goes missing. Missed 3 chances again today. Greatest stat padder of this era.
Heh. Interesting. I haven't followed him game by game, but this was said about him for so long up until a couple of years ago when the narrative changed. But I don't think he's still had a big game performance in the CL in that time.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Which 3 chances? Barca hardly created anything meaningful today.