g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Robert Lewandowski | Barcelona

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Mbappe was better in 2021?? Yeah, you are out of your mind. :lol:

Majority of Football fans were saying Lewandowski deserved to win the B' d or in 2021 and hence the "Robbed" shouts. Literally no one said Mbappe was better in 2021.

In 2021, Lewandowski had as many goals as Ronaldo had in his best ever year!

If we see the stats since 2019, Lewandowski is miles ahead of others including your French boys.

Hate to break this to you, but over the sample space in Football since 2019, Lewandowski has been far ahead of any French players you might be biased towards. :lol:
The previous 2021-22 season that just passed is what I'm talking about, Mbappe had more impact over that season than Lewandowski. You're talking about 2020-21 when he broke Muller's record. He's definitely not miles ahead of those two French boys in that time. ;)

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
Looks the best I've ever seen him at the moment. Seems to be expressing himself more and his range of technical ability.
his footballing ability has always been top notch. It’s like people are watching him for the first time now that he’s 34. He’s been doing this for years

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Gets subbed on and gets a goal and 2 assists in 30 minutes.

At this point, the guy is a joke. :lol:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He‘s been doing this for 10+ years. Are people only watching Barca and never saw Bayern play?
Yes. Which is why people keep talking nonsense when they judge Bayern players or why Bayern dominated the Buli. Lewandowski is an incredible player and the most fascinating thing about him is that he makes very difficult things look stupidly easy.

Olmer

To be honest he looked kinda old today with his overall play, but somehow managed to get three contributions in 36 minutes. Probably only God knows how this happens :P

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It’s how I feel about clubs like Cadiz to be honest :lol:
Our farmers are interesting though!

Yeah, i also feel the same about bournemouth tbf. So many farmers out there just to make up the numbers...:wenger:

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He‘s been doing this for 10+ years. Are people only watching Barca and never saw Bayern play?
I think most people recognised Lewandowski had a silky touch but the reality is that few people watch the Bundesliga, so it was mostly confined to the odd CL game. Seeing it more regularly has more of an impact. More than that, it’s really impressive to see someone in the latter stages of their career move to a completely different team and just settle in effortlessly.

Dr. StrangeHate

Barcelona have given him an interesting contract. First year he will earn 10 mil which is less than he did at Bayern. Then in his second (13 mil) and third (16 mil) year he will earn more than what he did Bayern and fourth year he will earn 10 mil again. I can see them hounding Lewa out in his third year to avoid paying him.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Is he the greatest pure finisher of all time?
Depends. Let's see how many career goals he ends up on.

Currently on 630 ish.

700 is Guaranteed. Even more can be possible if he maintains his fitness.

Will reach 100 CL goals and 100 international goals for Poland soon.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
Barcelona have given him an interesting contract. First year he will earn 10 mil which is less than he did at Bayern. Then in his second (13 mil) and third (16 mil) year he will earn more than what he did Bayern and fourth year he will earn 10 mil again. I can see them hounding Lewa out in his third year to avoid paying him.
There is a clause in his contract.Barcelona can terminate it if he does not start more that 55% of the games in his third season.

Olmer

Depends. Let's see how many career goals he ends up on.

Currently on 630 ish.

700 is Guaranteed. Even more can be possible if he maintains his fitness.

Will reach 100 CL goals and 100 international goals for Poland soon.
If he reaches the Pele/Romario territory of total goals scored, it will be really spectacular considering the fact that he only became top player around 24 y/o.
But most people understand finishing more in terms of overcoming your xg than total goals scored so they probably wouldn't call him the best finisher ever, no.

devil99

And he played 4 games less every season for a long time. Otherwise he would have got 40+ goals overall

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Robert Lewandowski will destroy La Liga this season.
He'll destroy any league including the Prem. Simple as that.

The guy is so complete that he can fit into any system.

If he reaches the Pele/Romario territory of total goals scored, it will be really spectacular considering the fact that he only became top player around 24 y/o.
But most people understand finishing more in terms of overcoming your xg than total goals scored so they probably wouldn't call him the best finisher ever, no.
More than a pure finisher he's an insane goalscorer. The amount of goals he scores year in year out is mad. One of the finest we've seen.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Or when he scored 4 goals vs Real Madrid for Dortmund in the knockouts. But yeah, I doubt much of us watch bundesliga.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Interesting. A convenient detail that a few Barca fans here left out when they said Lewa was on 10m only.

RedDevilMachine

Already scored 9 goals in only 5 games for Barca. He is the Novak Djokovic of football, aged well. Pretty late bloomer isn't he? He signed for Dortmund at 22 and became internationally recognized at 23 after Dortmund won the Bundesliga and his CL exploits against Real Madrid at 24, prior to that, he was an unknown. I wish we had gone all out for him when he was at Dortmund as I remember we were linked with him intensely. A shame the GOAT of strikers didn't play in England. We've seen how Zlatan killed it here even at 34.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I have to say, I’m gaining a whole new level of admiration of him while watching him play for Barça. Not because he wasn’t as good at Bayern (he should’ve had 2 Ballon d’Ors by this time) but because of how seamlessly he had managed to adapt (is adapt even the right word when he didn’t take any time to do it?) and to perform in a new, way less organized and well-oiled team, at a level that probably makes him the best player in the world (on this season’s form alone it’s probably Lewandowski -> Neymar -> Haaland).

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
La Liga is just the Bundesliga with 2 Bayern's if we're being honest. Go do it at Feyenoord or go home Robert.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I’d probably pick van Basten if we’re talking about the range of their skillset & consistency, although it’s always a question of how do you define finishing ability (Müller was miles behind van Basten in terms of technique but he had the unique ability to somehow pick the right trajectory and power to score the scrappiest of goals). Lewa kinda matches van Basten’s skillset but the Dutchman was just a bit better at everything (especially heading & dribbling).

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Already scored 9 goals in only 5 games for Barca. He is the Novak Djokovic of football, aged well. Pretty late bloomer isn't he? He signed for Dortmund at 22 and became internationally recognized at 23 after Dortmund won the Bundesliga and his CL exploits against Real Madrid at 24, prior to that, he was an unknown. I wish we had gone all out for him when he was at Dortmund as I remember we were linked with him intensely. A shame the GOAT of strikers didn't play in England. We've seen how Zlatan killed it here even at 34.
Could have gone to Blackburn.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sk...kburn-rovers-almost-bought-robert-lewandowski

MUnchies

I swear if we had signed him he will have turned into a turd. I don't know what's in the water in Manchester that turns players to shit.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Is it weird that I still feel he's very underrated by certain Football Fans?

GinobiliTheGOAT

Is it weird that I still feel he's very underrated by certain Football Fans?
He’s been a bit of a flat track bully in recent seasons but when (not if) he brings it in CL against other elite teams people will really take notice. His biggest reason going to Barca was to win ballon d’or as very few voters rate the German league. A great CL run with Barca would help him get the ballon d’or he should have had back in 2020 before they inexplicably canceled it.

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
He’s undoubtedly one of the best finishers of all time but if I choose one person in this category, I would choose Gerd Muller. Despite Muller wasn‘t the most skillful finisher or had the most range of all skillset, he had the ability to react like no one else has done in this planet, was the best in term of positioning in the box, had great aerial game and imo he had the best pure goalscoring instincts and incomparable decisions making in front of goal. The most important one, Muller had done consistency in both club level and international level.

In term of the most complete finisher and striker: Van Basten is the real winner in this department.

Last edited: