Robert Lewandowski | Barcelona

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I find it amazing that so called best player(according to many people) in the last two years has escaped any criticsm after the World Cup in which he played like Anichebe.

I thought he was easily the most disappointing player in this World Cup, so pretty surprised that this thread wasn't bumped, or people just like to criticise the likes of Ronaldo and Messi.

BerryBerryShrew

I find it amazing that so called best player(according to many people) in the last two years has escaped any criticsm after the World Cup in which he played like Anichebe.

I thought he was easily the most disappointing player in this World Cup, so pretty surprised that this thread wasn't bumped, or people just like to criticise the likes of Ronaldo and Messi.
Poland never tried to play football. Objective fans wouldn't criticise Messi or Ronaldo in similar circumstances but then I have never seen them play in sides that were quite as unambitious as Poland were.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Had a poor World Cup but the polish Big Sam didn't help their cause. Dreadful side.

He's never been a one man attack. I'm not sure any one number 9 in the world could have helped this Polish side much when they hardly create any chances and can't keep the ball more than five seconds.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Poland were decent in parts against France and he was still nowhere to be seen. He's had every bit as terrible a tournament as Ronaldo had

Isafim

Disappointment has to do with expectations. And what were the expectations that we all had in relation to Poland? You can't ask Lewandowski to go far in a world cup. If so, good for him, if not, there's nothing you can do about it. The team is very weak. It would be the same with Salah, Haaland. With Messi and Cristiano it's different because they have a better selection. We would be disappointed with Lewa if he had a team at Argentina's level and still fell in the group stage.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral

What on Earth? He was like the only man alone standing on the halfway line recieving long balls with no teammates nearby.

Still managed 2 goals, 1 assist in 4 games.

Most of the time Poland didn't even try to attack.

Easily the most defensive team in the tournament.

The fact that he has 80 odd international goals for this team is a testament to his greatness.

Lewandowski would score for fun in teams like Argentina or Portugal. The guy is carrying a clueless coach like Xavi for his club currently.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
What on Earth? He was like the only man alone standing on the halfway line recieving long balls with no teammates nearby.

Still managed 2 goals, 1 assist in 4 games.

Most of the time Poland didn't even try to attack.

Easily the most defensive team in the tournament.

The fact that he has 80 odd international goals for this team is a testament to his greatness.

Lewandowski would score for fun in teams like Argentina or Portugal. The guy is carrying a clueless coach like Xavi for his club currently.
Yeah it wasn't solely due to the quality of the players around him (although that played a part), it was also due to the very negative football they played. The 2-0 defeat to Argentina has to be one of the most pitiful, lifeless performances I've seen in a long long time.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Big game bottler strikes again (or doesn’t)

prateik

Was a fantastic striker... past his peak.. got denied the Ballon D'Or.. and now probably regrets moving to Barca.
What a shit couple of years for him.. at least he is taking it better than Ronaldo.. so far..

RuudTom83

Being ragdolled by Casemiro near the end of the game was beautiful!

Hardly had a kick all night.

Blackwidow

Was a fantastic striker... past his peak.. got denied the Ballon D'Or.. and now probably regrets moving to Barca.
What a shit couple of years for him.. at least he is taking it better than Ronaldo.. so far..
To leave Bayern was his own choice - he wanted new emotions and experiences...

Guess he found the new emotions and experiences... :cool:

redshaw

Could be about to win La Liga instead of another Bayernliga. I doubt he regrets anything even if he doesn't win.

As for the tie he was barely a threat, like watching him playing for Poland.

Last edited:
I thought he was totally invisible throughout the tie, and yet he ,just about, scored the penalty and almost nicked it for them at the end. Class never dies, but legs do and he seems to be on his last legs

Chief123

He’s finished. Martinez absolutely butchered him tonight. Crap penalty too.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
You know, despite beaing a fitness freak, Benzema is actually older than him and still performing in big games.

eire-red

Waiting for Souness to highlight his career-endangering tackle on Casemiro.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Waiting for Souness to highlight his career-endangering tackle on Casemiro.
Did think at the time had that been a United player he'd have been off. Was a lot worse than Rafael's foul against Real Madrid for instance.

Redfrog

Really don't understand why he left Bayern?

how much is he on at Barca and what did Bayern offer?
I think he wanted to try something else before retiring. New country, big club. Not really hard to understand.